Did they change Random Number Generator in 1.4?

Nemo

Terrarian
I have seen streamers get the same drops again and again when farming a boss. It happens to me too.

I know random is random but ... is this fun? Some "bad luck protection" would be nice.

I wonder what RNG are they using. I know many games use Mersenne Twister.

is this fun?

It's the way Terraria has always been. Human beings tend to be really bad at analyzing statistics without actually recording the random numbers directly and looking at the distribution of them.

So unless you've done a statistical analysis (or a code analysis), it's far more likely that people are just getting unlucky. Which happens.

It's the way Terraria has always been. Human beings tend to be really bad at analyzing statistics without actually recording the random numbers directly and looking at the distribution of them.

So unless you've done a statistical analysis (or a code analysis), it's far more likely that people are just getting unlucky. Which happens.
I just got like 3 Cosmic Car Keys in a Martian Invasion ...

While it may be random, it is also frustrating.

Terraria has a "bad luck protection" for a few things, like the Angler informatical rewards, And moved parts of the saucer's loot pool to other enemies from the event. It looks only improved for me.

Back
Top Bottom