Mobile Did you guys see that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterfull_

Wall of Flesh
Did you guys see on the screenshot at googleplaystore? Terraria mobile 1.2 have red wings!
But I cant even launched or played the game :( .
Anyone know any idea how to open tne game in terraria android?
Im in Galaxy tab 7 plus

<image removed by staff>

I saw it... But I do not think you will be able to use them. I think Codeglue and 505 just forgot to fact check what you can, and cannot get, leading to them advertising them.

Also wait.... Dev items were removed in Console.. Why were they added in Mobile?!

To answer your question though, what version do you have? Is it KitKat?

Last edited by a moderator:
<image removed by forum staff>

I saw it... But I do not think you will be able to use them. I think Codeglue and 505 just forgot to fact check what you can, and cannot get, leading to them advertising them.

Also wait.... Dev items were removed in Console.. Why were they added in Mobile?!

To answer your question though, what version do you have? Is it KitKat?
They were in Console, but after the piggy bank glitch (one that allowed you to obtain them) was patched, they were removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
My android was 3.2 idk what its name. Btw thanks for the pic
[DOUBLEPOST=1417752153][/DOUBLEPOST]Omg..20 hearts? Is there life fruit

They were in Console, but after the piggy bank glitch (one that allowed you to obtain them) was patched, they were removed.

I remember, I have Terraria in Xbox. It was quote infamous among my friends.

My point being though. The devs don't play on Mobile, or at least don't develop for it. So why add the items in the first place?

Also @masterfull_ I think your version may be outdated unfortunately. I have a Droid RAZR Maxx, and it uses version 4.4.4. Check again though... I may be wrong.

My android was 3.2 idk what its name. Btw thanks for the pic
[DOUBLEPOST=1417752153][/DOUBLEPOST]Omg..20 hearts? Is there life fruit
Yes, as that is a 1.2 item. It will turn all 20 hearts gold as you progress
I remember, I have Terraria in Xbox. It was quote infamous among my friends.

My point being though. The devs don't play on Mobile, or at least don't develop for it. So why add the items in the first place?
It was amazing having those on Xbox. I miss it. I think they just left it in the code, maybe by accident.

It was amazing having those on Xbox. I miss it. I think they just left it in the code, maybe by accident.

The thing is though... Mobile and Console code have to be written from the ground up. So there's no way to "just leave it there", as it had to be added in the first place.

However though. Red's Wings are very helpful in surveying and when you need to move fast... So if they just added Red's wings and left it in on accident, that's understandable.

Yes, as that is a 1.2 item. It will turn all 20 hearts gold as you progress

They are still in the code. A friend on Xbox Live gave me some but i trashed them a few weeks ago. That was aftr the piggy bank glitch was patched.

I can play on my iPad 3, it my screen is messed up, keeps wasting my bullets and gets me killed as it randomly starts to freak out and have technological epileptic fit :(. And I'm getting a iPhone 4 or 4s for christmas so that ain't gonna work. I'm only on apple so can't help you. As for red's wings, he is the developer, so it does make sense that he releases the screenshots of his own character playing the game.

I can play on my iPad 3, it my screen is messed up, keeps wasting my bullets and gets me killed as it randomly starts to freak out and have technological epileptic fit :(. And I'm getting a iPhone 4 or 4s for christmas so that ain't gonna work. I'm only on apple so can't help you. As for red's wings, he is the developer, so it does make sense that he releases the screenshots of his own character playing the game.
The 4S works fine with Terraria 1.2, at least with me

The thing is though... Mobile and Console code have to be written from the ground up. So there's no way to "just leave it there", as it had to be added in the first place.

I can't speak for console, but the mobile version is just the base Terraria code with java wrappers. They could've just copypastad the entire thing without actually checking the items, a thoery that is backed up by the fact the hoverboard still has its PC tooltip, "Hold UP and DOWN to hover", yet it being unable to hover due to an inability to perform those controls. Really, there's a lot of evidence that they don't actually check things.

I can't speak for console, but the mobile version is just the base Terraria code with java wrappers. They could've just copypastad the entire thing without actually checking the items, a thoery that is backed up by the fact the hoverboard still has its PC tooltip, "Hold UP and DOWN to hover", yet it being unable to hover due to an inability to perform those controls. Really, there's a lot of evidence that they don't actually check things.
*Java wrappers and some original code, look at Ocram, Lepus, and Turkor

As for the console thing, I think it's original code due to the fact that it is buggy but not at buggy as mobile.

As for the console thing, I think it's original code due to the fact that it is buggy but not at buggy as mobile.

Original, as in the same as the PC code, is definitely not the case. They run two separate languages. If you were to input that PC code into an Xbox system, and surely a PS system, it would not compute at all.

What I think they did do though, was make everything almost TOO exact to the PC version in the development process. With 2 different languages and 2 different coding styles trying to match perfectly, you're bound to have problems.

Its akin to trying to speak perfect English in Spanish, while trying to speak perfect Spanish, and it making perfect sense in English.

I can play on my ipad2 just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom