Biomes & Nature Different Water Types in Different Biomes

TheQuietBisharp

Official Terrarian
Hello, TheQuietBisharp here, and I present to you another suggestion. You know how water has different cosmetic changes when in different biomes? I present to you, a different effect or debuff in each biome.

Snow biome water: Inflicts Chilled when half of your breath is gone

Desert Water: Sandy grains in the water cause Broken Armor after half your breath is lost

Jungle Water: boosts spawn rate of Pirahnas (you ever seen the Amazon? That is crazy)

Crimson Water: Begins to sap health after you lose half your breath

Corrupt Water: Causes Darkness when half breath is lost

Hallowed Water: Causes Confusion when you've lost half breath. Like everything in the biome, the water is deceiving.
Or, as suggested by @MegaMage314 the Hallowed water stays neutral.

I also present a new water type, Mushroom Water: causes you to glow like the mushrooms themselves
image.jpg

Thanks @Robotoh!
Any diving gear or Neptune's Shell will negate the debuffs. So, what do you think?

Last edited:
2/5 I go mining alll the time in say, a snow biome. and when i do that i usually hit an underground pool and im like ah what the heck then just drill through it. i think everyone does this but when my breath gets low i make a little chamber of the side of the hole and breath. but with this i would have to do that twice as often. i do like the idea though

2/5 I go mining alll the time in say, a snow biome. and when i do that i usually hit an underground pool and im like ah what the heck then just drill through it. i think everyone does this but when my breath gets low i make a little chamber of the side of the hole and breath. but with this i would have to do that twice as often. i do like the idea though
Mostly, this is only supposed to be a pre-Hardmode sort or thing since I'm assuming most people have Lava Waders or that Werewolf-Merman charm thing (can't remeber the name). Water doesn't ever seem to be an issue to me so I thought it would add a bit of challenge.

i think it is quite a good idea, it would make mining far more challenging instead of just digging with small air pockets. the waters would become something you dont want to stay in for to long.

Hallowed water should do magical things like give you some kinda positive effect like honey
I think the Hallow should give an adverse effect, since the whole point of the biome is to be deceiving.
i think it is quite a good idea, it would make mining far more challenging instead of just digging with small air pockets. the waters would become something you dont want to stay in for to long.
Thanks for your support, that's what I was going for.
@Everybody How do you propose I do it then, since I'm thinking the separate waters will become different item IDs.

Actually, pretty sure this is like "not allowed" 'cause I think this would require a new liquid for each of these and there can only be 4 liquids. And there are 3.

Back
Top Bottom