Biomes & Nature Different water types.

Ok ive noticed how water is changed during a blood moon event and the hallow and what. So why cant it be a different Type of water like say how it could be like Fairy water in hallow or the blood moon it could be blood. It could broaden the fishing and potion making exponentially i think.

Um etc,

Jungle water is Muddy water: have to clean it.
desert water is Oasis water: it replenishish a half heart as is
Dungeon water is Grimy water: it makes you sick when you touch it
Im sure there is so many more but, im curious if anyone else likes the idea.

I think the engine for the game cannot support more than four liquids(which 3 of the slots are already taken), so I think that adding more liquid types is a sought after feature, but one that isn't quite possible on the current engine. I think the color changing water works fine enough, anyway.

About the idea itself, could you elaborate a bit more? How would we clean jungle water? How would the dungeon water make us sick? Why would we need the oasis water if we can just use Honey for regeneration anyway?

I think the engine for the game cannot support more than four liquids(which 3 of the slots are already taken), so I think that adding more liquid types is a sought after feature, but one that isn't quite possible on the current engine. I think the color changing water works fine enough, anyway.
We don't necessarily need new liquid types - consider how in Expert mode, being in the Snow and in water inflicts the Chilled debuff.

A similar thing could be done across other biomes. Dungeon, Corruption and/or Crimson water making the player sick (e.g. poison) could be an interesting addition to Expert mode. Water doesn't normally spawn in the Dungeon, so its impact would be limited. If Jungle water was muddy and restricted vision, it could inflict Darkness.
They are just ideas - Kristo, up to you if you like to take them into your suggestion.

Back
Top Bottom