Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Got my Digging molecart prehardmode and used it quite a bit. whipped it out again after defeated mech bosses (and consuming the upgrade) and it would not dig blocks or place tracks. I was playing on the Zenith seed on Master (Legendary).

What tiles were you trying to use the Digging Molecart to go through? There are some tiles that the Molecart can't dig through such as chests that have items inside them.

Another thing to check, did you have a Pickaxe in your inventory? The Molecart draws from your Pickaxe power to prevent sequence breaking. That is what caused the Molecart to not work on my end even with tracks inside my inventory. Otherwise the Molecart worked normally for me when I tried to reproduce. This was the case regardless of whether I had the boost upgrade for Minecarts enabled or not.

Having no Pickaxe in your inventory will cause the Molecart to not work. Just want to make sure that isn't what's causing your bug.

Also, it can't mine blocks that are affected by gravity, such as silt, slush, or sand...

@Aurora3500 I do think it -can- "mine" chests though but it makes weird glitches. I was making a long minecart track in multiplayer and there was an ice chest in the way. I was curious what happens if I hit it with the molecart. It was not empty as far as I know. it got destroyed, and then it dropped 8 (!) ice chests. the items that were in it, whetever they might been, were wiped out though.

@Aurora3500 I do think it -can- "mine" chests though but it makes weird glitches. I was making a long minecart track in multiplayer and there was an ice chest in the way. I was curious what happens if I hit it with the molecart. It was not empty as far as I know. it got destroyed, and then it dropped 8 (!) ice chests. the items that were in it, whetever they might been, were wiped out though.
There was indeed a bug with this, as well as a bug allowing Molecart to dig through altars in normal mode. They should both be fixed now. Please let us know if you're still seeing this.

Got my Digging molecart prehardmode and used it quite a bit. whipped it out again after defeated mech bosses (and consuming the upgrade) and it would not dig blocks or place tracks. I was playing on the Zenith seed on Master (Legendary).
In addition to Aurora's and Sora's posts, please check you have minecart tracks in your inventory. (Tracks cannot be placed from the Void Bag.)

I don't think I was digging through forbidden blocks, it was solid crimstone. I would need to double check for pickaxe though (though I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case since pickaxe never leaves my inventory)

I have minecart tracks, and the picksaw in my inventory and the digging molecart isn’t working
One other thing to mention, the Molecart will only work underground. If you are technically above “Surface” level according to a Depth Meter it will not work.

Back
Top Bottom