Use time: 11 (very fast)

Sell: 15
Gold_Coin.png

Crafting:
8 amber
1 Cobalt/ Pallidium Chainsaw.
1 Mythril/ Orichalcum Chainsaw.
1 Adamantite/ Titanium Chainsaw.

The Chainsaw is an end-game chainsaw that does 250% axe power making it efficient for chopping wood.​

Last edited:
I'd rather not use my only Amber Mosquito to make a chainsaw, but good suggestion on the other aspects of it. I also suggest instead of going down the old "combine three different tiered chainsaws" route, you should use a Chlorophyte chainsaw? (I am not familiar with Chlorophyte weapons.)

Apart from one or two flaws, this suggestion is great. Support!

Interesting, but why? I think by that time people are happy with their Spectre Hamaxe, as this is a hammer/axe combo, has more range, and so much axe power that its barely worth it to upgrade to a new one. Nice concept but no support at the moment.

Interesting, but why? I think by that time people are happy with their Spectre Hamaxe, as this is a hammer/axe combo, has more range, and so much axe power that its barely worth it to upgrade to a new one. Nice concept but no support at the moment.
Might want to think about this, I would have said it too but I always forget about the Spectre tools.

Is there anything that could make you support it?
I'd rather not use my only Amber Mosquito to make a chainsaw, but good suggestion on the other aspects of it. I also suggest instead of going down the old "combine three different tiered chainsaws" route, you should use a Chlorophyte chainsaw? (I am not familiar with Chlorophyte weapons.)

Apart from one or two flaws, this suggestion is great. Support!
Chlorophyte chainsaw and what?

Is there anything that could make you support it?
First, i'm a huge fan of hamaxes, not regular axes. Second, really, an amber mosquito? Third, there isnt much dinosaur stuff in terraria at the moment, so either change it to match another major theme, or create a dinosaur themed event or something like that. Maybe that should be a different thread though...

First, i'm a huge fan of hamaxes, not regular axes. Second, really, an amber mosquito? Third, there isnt much dinosaur stuff in terraria at the moment, so either change it to match another major theme, or create a dinosaur themed event or something like that. Maybe that should be a different thread though...
This isn't an axe...it is a chainsaw ;).
But I think the amber mosquito is a bit silly now :p

This could work out... however at the moment it uses an extremely rare item when there are other cheaper things out there. Try to give it a special ability and swap the Amber mosquito for normal Amber.

This could work out... however at the moment it uses an extremely rare item when there are other cheaper things out there. Try to give it a special ability and swap the Amber mosquito for normal Amber.
[DOUBLEPOST=1415126032][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe just remove the amber all together?
Any ideas on a new crafting idea...maybe fishing or a drop???

I think they introduced hallowed bars as not only needing 3 versions of the same thing was grindy, but alternates complicate the recipe. A hamdrax, for example, used 3 drills and 3 chainsaws, but with the new alternates, this would make a whole ton of recipes. It's already kinda weird how showing the Guide a Muramasa shows 2 Night's Edges, but showing the Guide a Cobalt Drill would show 10+ recipes for the same thing.

Anyway, for the recipe, it could be simply the chlorophyte chainsaw and beetle husks. Maybe also have a war axe version crafted from the chlorophyte axe. And.. definitely lose the amber mosquito. A player might be good enough to survive the hardmode jungle and defeat the golem, but what if they don't have the extreme luck of getting an amber mosquito?

Remember the picksaw too. It has to be unique to beat both the spectre hamaxe and the picksaw. Maybe it instantly chops down like 3 trees at a time?

I think they introduced hallowed bars as not only needing 3 versions of the same thing was grindy, but alternates complicate the recipe. A hamdrax, for example, used 3 drills and 3 chainsaws, but with the new alternates, this would make a whole ton of recipes. It's already kinda weird how showing the Guide a Muramasa shows 2 Night's Edges, but showing the Guide a Cobalt Drill would show 10+ recipes for the same thing.

Anyway, for the recipe, it could be simply the chlorophyte chainsaw and beetle husks. Maybe also have a war axe version crafted from the chlorophyte axe. And.. definitely lose the amber mosquito. A player might be good enough to survive the hardmode jungle and defeat the golem, but what if they don't have the extreme luck of getting an amber mosquito?
Should I change it to about 8 amber's?
Remember the picksaw too. It has to be unique to beat both the spectre hamaxe and the picksaw. Maybe it instantly chops down like 3 trees at a time?
I will give it some sort of special ability :)

There should be a whole set of dino weapons!!!
Oh and also nice idea but the amber mosquito is too rare

Back
Top Bottom