Switch Direction Button functionality reset

In the options, under Quick Navigation, I have the directional button set to cursor snap. However, whenever I completely close out of the game, it always seems to reset to hotbar. All other setting appear to remain unaltered from how I had them.

I'm playing on the switch version, with no patch, in the handheld version.

Edit: just noticed there was a bug form, my bad. will submit that, feel free to delete this

In the options, under Quick Navigation, I have the directional button set to cursor snap. However, whenever I completely close out of the game, it always seems to reset to hotbar. All other setting appear to remain unaltered from how I had them.

I'm playing on the switch version, with no patch, in the handheld version.

Edit: just noticed there was a bug form, my bad. will submit that, feel free to delete this
Hi there @The Orange Cow, good to hear that you’ve used the bug report form.

In the Xbox One and PS4 versions (also developed by Pipeworks) the D-Pad buttons also do not save and have to be rebound each game session. With those versions still needing to be rebound each time, I’m not sure if it’s a bug or intentional, but it doesn’t hurt to send in the bug report like you did. Personally, I’d want it to save the setting too.

For others stopping by and reading, here is where you can submit bugs for Switch. Submitting a bug through this link gets it directly to the development team: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form (You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.)

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven’t heard, placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now.

Hi there @The Orange Cow, good to hear that you’ve used the bug report form.

In the Xbox One and PS4 versions (also developed by Pipeworks) the D-Pad buttons also do not save and have to be rebound each game session. With those versions still needing to be rebound each time, I’m not sure if it’s a bug or intentional, but it doesn’t hurt to send in the bug report like you did. Personally, I’d want it to save the setting too.

For others stopping by and reading, here is where you can submit bugs for Switch. Submitting a bug through this link gets it directly to the development team: Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form (You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.)

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven’t heard, placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now.
I think they ment that in the settings the option to either have the d pad as a cursor movement or a shortcut to items gets set back to it's default, which is cursor movement.

Back
Top Bottom