Items Dirty Bombs

Teal

Eater of Worlds
This idea is essentially a bomb to make filling in caverns and caves easier and as a potential weapon. It is crafted by combining a bomb with 5 gel one mushroom and 50 dirt and 5 cobwebs. It spreads dirt in a 5 block radius. Not sure if it should be a sticky bomb or not.
Statistics:
100 DMG to mobs
200 DMG to Player
Tooltip: Mistakes weren't made... Yet.

This tool might be useful in a PvP situation where players are in a small area. Because it fills the area with dirt and suffocates in the same way sand does. I am a horrendous spriter so this is the only image that you guys are getting :p Unless someone who supports the idea would make a better one which would be greatly appreciated.
2mycj1g.jpg

Criticism/Suggestiongs/Thoughts/Opinions?

this could be useful for me since im quite often manually stuck filling in holes for an arena, but for pvp this would not be too useful, since a: the bomb has a delay so the enemy can run away and b: most people have a pickaxe with them most of the time.
also different damage to mobs and players? not very usefull, and 100 damage is a TON in the early game. a regular grenade has 60, and its meant for combat, so that makes little sense to me. also could different block types be able to be made into a bomb like this? a stone version would make the deep miner happy if he/she would have one.
50% support, as i said the combat bit makes little sense to me.

this could be useful for me since im quite often manually stuck filling in holes for an arena, but for pvp this would not be too useful, since a: the bomb has a delay so the enemy can run away and b: most people have a pickaxe with them most of the time.
also different damage to mobs and players? not very usefull, and 100 damage is a TON in the early game. a regular grenade has 60, and its meant for combat, so that makes little sense to me. also could different block types be able to be made into a bomb like this? a stone version would make the deep miner happy if he/she would have one.
50% support, as i said the combat bit makes little sense to me.
I was going to make a much larger thread with more block types and crafting recipe depending on people's opinion on the suggestion. For now it mimics the same damage as the sticky bomb (which does 100 to mobs and 200 to players). If that is too wild I can change it but the sticky bomb is a pre hardmode easily obtainable weapon. Also it isn't intended for combat but could be used for it. In the same manner as a sticky bomb has two main functionalities destroying blocks and sticking to a surface. However it still deals damage.

I mean it has the same damage as a sticky bomb, a weapon not intended for combat. The meer fact that it's bulky and not easy to throw accounts for the high damage. Imo it should do even more damage considering the fact that the dirt that explorers is shrapnel.

Did anyone else notice the pun in the name? "Dirty bomb" is a term for a bomb used in warfare (usually made with cobalt-60 atoms) that renders territory uninhabitable for years afterward due to its radioactivity.

Delete combat part, make it sticky, give it slightly bigger radious and every terraria builder will love you

Did anyone else notice the pun in the name? "Dirty bomb" is a term for a bomb used in warfare (usually made with cobalt-60 atoms) that renders territory uninhabitable for years afterward due to its radioactivity.

That's what I originally thought this was going to be.

Anyway, a reverse-bomb sounds useful for filling things in, and hilarious to play pranks on friends with. Support. Just... take the damage off. The suffocation is probably enough.

Delete combat part, make it sticky, give it slightly bigger radious and every terraria builder will love you
I feel like the sticky wont be necessary, if I'm filling things i would want it to slip down thin crevices, if we had an option of sticky or not that would be fine

Dire, and bombs and dynamite and lava and water buckets and spawning statues all can be used for trolling. This is useful particularly imho for filling in caverns so mobs don't spawn there for pumpkin moons.

Well, that thread was hilarious.

Jokes aside, I don't see why this would be useful to anyone, as it seems much more like a griefing tool than anything else.
Honestly, after Rocket Launcher, Snowman Cannon, plain old Picks/Hammers and the ever popular cheap bombs and costly dynamites, I don't think rejecting an idea solely on the base of it being a "possible griefing tool" is a valid argument anymore.

As for its uses, it can be used for terraforming without you having to equip all builder accessories just so you can place dirt and flatten out the land. The process of placing a bomb is more instantaneous than having to run over an area repeatedly to fill out holes. That's more than good enough for me, and many others.

May I suggest Snow/Ice Bombs, and mud bombs as well? Instant snow biome, anyone?

The only real issue here is how would it work. A 5x5 radius is fine, but most of the time it will be resting at the bottom of the floor. Which means, effectively, it will only create half the blocks it can, most of the time. And what happens if you throw multiple bombs into one area? One bomb fills up a space, and several more are now buried in blocks. I think those issues should be tackled first, if anything.

Last edited:
my idea is that bombs dont just have this 5x5 radius, but also always spread all of the dirt, if space they would fill is occupied, the remaining dirt is moved to sides/up

The radius could be modifiable based on how many blocks you use. I don't know how easy it'd be to code that, but it seems like a good idea.

I actually could REALLY use something like this.

Total support.

Jokes aside, I don't see why this would be useful to anyone, as it seems much more like a griefing tool than anything else.
No support.

Anyone who needs to infill caves for grinders or efficient arenas could make amazing use of this item.

For instance, I insist on having my Pumpkin Moon/Invasion fighting zone completely clear of caves . . . the entire area needs to be 100% infilled with dirt, and it takes a lot of time to do. This is even more important when building grinders of any sort, which require an entire region to be completely clear of caves. A "filler" bomb could save a lot of time when dealing with them.

It could be useful, but I say no to the damage/suffocation part. Leave it as utility and I think we'll be good.

And a thought, why not let the dryad sell it? Having a crafting recipe with dirt sounds a bit strange (exempt mud and dirt walls for obvious reasons)

Back
Top Bottom