tModLoader Disarray Re-Release

Aaron Ymous

Terrarian
Disarray [ Beta ]
Welcome, one and all to the new Disarrary mod.

In short, it has been a few years since the original mod got released. It was a rocky path, that admittedly I shouldn't have been travelling on, but now, with the power of hindsight, I am ready to present this new version of the mod!

Instead of focusing on adding a ton of bland 'new' content, we've decided to go another route, adding what we deem cool or unique to add a new twist onto your standard vanilla experience.

Content Summary
~ 200 item
- 1 new biome
- 1 new unique boss accompanying the biome
- A new weapon customization feature

Explanations and Information:
This new calm and tranquil biome exist opposite of your Dungeon. Granting some new exploration capabilities:

- Explore the Obsidian Cloud littered skies, and get your hands on bountiful early game loot!
- Collect the environment's natural resources to arm yourself.
- Dive into the Volcano, and lay your hands on something you shouldn't have...
- Prove yourself to this environment's protector and discover the dark secrets that lie underneath...

The mechanic that I am proudest to present and would like public feedback on:
Starting onwards from v3.0, Disarray will allow players to have weapon customization options. This feature right now is experimental and only supports pre-hard mode, but regardless, here's how it works:

All players will spawn in with a new crafting station: The Forge ( If one loses their Forge, simply pay the Merchant a visit ). Place the Forge and right-click it to access the new UI. This will be where weapon customization takes place!

The mod adds two new item types to support item customization: Components and Attachments.

Components make up the base of the weapon, contributing a majority of its stats and all of it's looks. Each weapon type ( swords, bows, guns, and staves ), have three distinct different component types. The forge will require one of all three types to create a weapon.

Attachments are a stackable and completely optional aspect to your weapon, but add a twist onto your weapon. Allowing some wacky capabilities such as launching coconuts or erupting piercing metal nails from nearby enemies.

Both Components and Attachments come in 5 rarities to collect:
- Common,
- Uncommon,
- Rare,
- Epic,
- Legendary
As a general rule of thumb, the rarer a component or attachment is, the better stats it will grant.

Here are some graphics to demonstrate this new mechanic:
RarityExample.png

Collect different rarities of attachments, through ways such as farming enemies, farming tiles, fishing, extractinator usage, or even crafting

ComponentAttachment.png

Collect all three types of components ( right now it's limited to crafting, but that's to change in future updates )

ForgeExplanation.png

Simple infographic to display how the Forge UI works.

ForgeExample.png

An example of how one's Forge could look.

OutputExample.png

Get wacky results such as these! ( I know these are only sword examples, but there this feature supports bows, guns, and staves as well )
Source(s ):
Dude trust me

And now, a few words regarding this release:
The beta is getting published to seek public feedback on the new item customization mechanic and possible bugs that didn't appear from my rounds of testing. So, any input regarding these factors would be greatly appreciated!

DO NOT USE THIS MOD FOR MULTIPLAYER:
Multiplayer compatibility is unknown as of now, due to the lack of testing. If you plan to add a bunch of mods to your survival multiplayer game, this one should not be one of them.

Basically what I plan on adding next.

- Tri-Planes, and a new boss to test a player's skill in a WW1 style dogfights
- More weapon customization options
- Volcanic Biome reworks ( A calmer biome with a large lava lake for some fishing )
- Lava fishing expansion
- Volcanic Biome mechanic expansions
- Hardmode content
- Multiplayer stability and compatibility

Drevdex - Musical Development
Failure of Mankind - Musical Development

Kaue NP - Past sprite-work contributions
Revacuum - Past sprite-work contributions
Calming - Past sprite-work contributions
Niron - Past sprite-work contributions
Warrenmark - Past sprite-work contributions
Rasler - Past sprite-work contributions

It's been a few years and not everyone may be with the team anymore, but regardless I still appreciated them putting aside their free time to contribute!

WW1 style dogfights?! in terraria?! This mod is nuts. Also the concept of weapon customization and rarities is friggin sick. best of luck man!

interesting mod
like the catacombs idea
is the forge obtainable? i found a Catacomb heart not sure if it does anything

Your mod is awesome, i have some quality of life ideas. Can you make it so materials can stack, and add a material pouch where you can store materials.
The star material way to common, can you make it a chance to drop from fallen stars, and make it disappear like normal fallen stars.
Keep up the exquisite work 👌.

Last edited:
interesting mod
like the catacombs idea
Form what i know, it's only obtainable through a new character, in my opinion it should be craftable in case you lose it (I don't know if it's craftable).

interesting mod
like the catacombs idea
Thanks! The Forge is obtainable via new character creation or purchasable from the Merchant for 1 gold.
And as Drevdex said, those are for the Hardmode Support Update coming fairly soon.

Your mod is awesome, i have some quality of life ideas. Can you make it so materials can stack, and add a material pouch where you can store materials.
The star material way to common, can you make it a chance to drop from fallen stars, and make it disappear like normal fallen stars.
Keep up the exquisite work 👌.
Thanks as well! I'll be sure to look into the QoL aspect regarding materials for the next update. Adjustments for the Stars, such as the ones you have mentioned, will come into effect next update as well.

after a break i took a crack at modded terraria again
a few things (others may have brought this up),
about customized weapons (well swords at least)
if you are 'cursed'
while the swing animation doesn't play you still deal damage within some range from the player
if you hit a bound/unconscious NPC
you deal damage to them
if you hit the Clothier while his voodoo doll is equipped
you deal no damage to him

im not sure if this is an issue with the mod or something else i have
but after enabling this mod i've noticed
while 'Catacomb Crates' drop items upon right clicking
it seems to only be briefly consumed, the crate comes back within a fraction of a second of being used
-i'm unsure about this one b/c this issue also effected 'Lock Boxes' from Reduced Grinding, so it might just be a compatibility issues
on this subject of compatibility
weaponout has an issue as well, weapon looks nothing like what you've created (it has a cool sprite though)

i've been wondering about customization in general
is there going to be anything that encourages mixing and matching weapon materials?
as is you might as well just wait till pre WoF stage of easy mode where you can craft a massive amount of hellstone bars and create purely hellstone based components
//perhaps even the avenue of enchanting melee type components, allowing them to fire off projectiles
-fire rate/ shape based on components
-collision effects influenced partly by attachments
on that note maybe components can change the animation style as well
for example if a spear/ bo-type staff was craftable
you could have the traditional Trident type Ghastly Glaive type and Sky Dragon's Fury type
is there going to be an upgrade-able blacksmith set or accessories that you can spend time collecting that can boost the chances of getting higher tier weapon parts?
while i do know many people find joy in the grinding aspects of terraria
dunno how it feels to spend 60~ hellstone bars just to get an epic hellstone blade piece (im not really inconvenienced, i use lufaik building/mining tools and veinminer with the hotkey is attached to my left click anyways), knowing that i've got 2 more pieces to try and build towards
and any plans to nerf star attachment drops?
perhaps have em drop less frequently while increasing the percentages of obtaining higher tiers
also having them disappear once day time comes (so they disappear alongside fallen stars)

This is very unexpected... But at the same time, my response in my head was "oh :red:, Disarray is making a comback!"

WB Cavities, I was one of many people who felt that you and others quit. But I see now, you did what I did myself and returned, with a bang.
I kinda wish you the best of luck!

if you are 'cursed'
while the swing animation doesn't play you still deal damage within some range from the player
if you hit a bound/unconscious NPC
you deal damage to them
if you hit the Clothier while his voodoo doll is equipped
you deal no damage to him
it seems to only be briefly consumed, the crate comes back within a fraction of a second of being used
weaponout has an issue as well, weapon looks nothing like what you've created (it has a cool sprite though)
Thanks for reporting these issues! I will look into them and have them resolved by the next update.
As for weapon out, that's a known incompatibility. I'll attempt to have it fixed, but that wont be a guarantee.

is there going to be anything that encourages mixing and matching weapon materials?
Due to the current lack in diversity of Components in the released version... no...
But, as we add in more components with unique mechanics, such as the examples you listed, I'm sure people will instinctively try and find the coolest or best combination of items.

is there going to be an upgrade-able blacksmith set or accessories that you can spend time collecting that can boost the chances of getting higher tier weapon parts?
That's a great idea! So, if you don't mind, ill be snatching that!

and any plans to nerf star attachment drops?
Yep, that's to be expected in the next update.

This is very unexpected... But at the same time, my response in my head was "oh :red:, Disarray is making a comback!"

WB Cavities, I was one of many people who felt that you and others quit. But I see now, you did what I did myself and returned, with a bang.
I kinda wish you the best of luck!
Thanks! Much appreciated!

Thanks for reporting these issues! I will look into them and have them resolved by the next update.
As for weapon out, that's a known incompatibility. I'll attempt to have it fixed, but that wont be a guarantee.

Due to the current lack in diversity of Components in the released version... no...
But, as we add in more components with unique mechanics, such as the examples you listed, I'm sure people will instinctively try and find the coolest or best combination of items.

That's a great idea! So, if you don't mind, ill be snatching that!

Yep, that's to be expected in the next update.

Thanks! Much appreciated!
glad i could help
another thing just stumbled across
used the volcanic idol to revisit the catacombs cuz i left some of the potion chests full
minute i spawned in the b0ss arena was surprised to find out the spikes had kinda flooded the catacombs itself making it practically inaccessible and almost occupied the entirety of the b0ss arena
-so you kinda just spawn in the middle of a bunch of spikes, with the damage its practically an instadeath sentence
not sure if they naturally grow back and my extended leave leads it to grow out erratically over time
or if entering hardmode massively accelerates this process and that created the situation
and in the bosses 2nd phase, where he flies around
he's been flying off screen and despawning after firing some fire spike balls at me
the first time i fought him he did this after send 1 series of spike balls after me
the second time he flew off after doing this twice

Last edited:
minute i spawned in the b0ss arena was surprised to find out the spikes had kinda flooded the catacombs itself making it practically inaccessible and almost occupied the entirety of the b0ss arena
-so you kinda just spawn in the middle of a bunch of spikes, with the damage its practically an instadeath sentence
not sure if they naturally grow back and my extended leave leads it to grow out erratically over time
and in the bosses 2nd phase, where he flies around
he's been flying off screen and despawning after firing some fire spike balls at me
the first time i fought him he did this after send 1 series of spike balls after me
the second time he flew off after doing this twice
Thanks for the feedback regarding the spikes, and reports of bugs!
The growth rate, regarding spikes, will be severely reduced next update, along with a limit on how many can exist in one world. Although for now, they're just an unchecked nuisance.

You could say it was scattered in disarray.
Eh? Get it?

Aight I'm outta here.
Lol, nice pun

Seems some faulty despawn code is the issue regarding the boss, will be fixed as well.

Question With the remake are you planning on readding items you took out like the Commander's Bulwark? And also wondering if there's plans on making buildable summoning weapons.

Last edited:
Question With the remake are you planning on readding items you took out like the Commander's Bulwark? And also wondering if there's plans on making buildable summoning weapons.
There are plans to reimplement past items, and make customizable summon weapons; but it'll be for a later date.

Back
Top Bottom