Tool [Discontinued] Custom World Generator -- TerraCustom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brilliant tool, and I absolutely thank you for it.

I don't suppose there's any chance of an ability to set the number of Pyramids or world trees that spawn? Or is that dependent on the world gen?

Thank you so much for making this for the GoG version. I was really bummed at first when it looked like I couldn't use it just because I prefer GoG to Steam. It's awesome you were able to get this out so quickly.

For some reason I get this error whenever I try to run the .exe:

11/22/2014 12:46:03 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\SmartDig". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\SmartDig.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args)

For some reason I get this error whenever I try to run the .exe:

11/22/2014 12:46:03 PM
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\SmartDig". File not found. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\SmartDig.xnb". File not found.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
at Terraria.Main.LoadContent()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Initialize()
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args)
You didn't follow the installation instructions in the OP.

Hey, just wondering, how long would it take to update this when 1.3 comes out?
I'll basically need to remake the whole thing when they update. Hopefully within one month... but I dont know how busy I'm going to be and I'll need some time playing the update right?? lol
No wonder lots of people stop updating their mods/tools....

I don't suppose there's any chance of an ability to set the number of Pyramids or world trees that spawn? Or is that dependent on the world gen?
You can't set the number of Pyramids or trees. It only guarantees to generate at least one of each. Usually 2 or 3 trees will be generated and 1 or 2 pyramids will be generated.
I don't mind having such option in the next version :)

Last edited:
That's very kind of you, in addition to this already generous gift.

Because for some people, such as myself, thirty six pyramids and sixty six world trees just aren't enough. :(

( /FirstWorldProblems )

Thank you so much! I've been waiting for a Custom World Gen tool like this for OVER A YEAR now. This is awesome.

Hi people, I know I update so frequently.... but I have to!

v1.1.1 is released now
The only change I made is the generation of biome chests in dungeons.
When both corruption and crimson biomes are created both kinds of dungeon chests will be generated
If neither corruption or crimson is generated, neither chest will be generated.
I'm sorry for people who assumed that both dungeon chests would be generated.

I also need to point out that even if you create both or neither biome, the map will record as either corruption or crimson. It creates a regular world and then add different chasms later. To check which biome is recorded, ask Dryad and she will only answer the recorded biome's pollution percentage. Angler will give quests from the recorded biome as well. Same thing happens after defeating Wall of Flesh.
I am not able to change these features since it's out of world generation. I appreciate your understanding.

Last edited:
This is a lot like some other thing i used around ~1.2.1, except this is a lot more for backgrounds, the other one had stuff like Ore multiplier, Biome multiplier, etc.

Hi people, I know I update so frequently.... but I have to!

v1.1.1 is released now
The only change I made is the generation of biome chests in dungeons.
When both corruption and crimson biomes are created both kinds of dungeon chests will be generated
If neither corruption or crimson is generated, neither chest will be generated.
I'm sorry for people who assumed that both dungeon chests would be generated.

I also need to point out that even if you create both or neither biome, the map will record as either corruption or crimson. It creates a regular world and then add different chasms later. To check which biome is recorded, ask Dryad and she will only answer the recorded biome's pollution percentage. Angler will give quests from the recorded biome as well. Same thing happens after defeating Wall of Flesh.
I am not able to change these features since it's out of world generation. I appreciate your understanding.

That's a nice world generator, makes me think about the old one in the old Forums, which never got updated. That one had the option to set how many ore you wanted, it would be nice if this was added to this world creator.

Can you add a option to set the Crimson Flag(the one that sets if the EOC drops demonite or crimtane, changes the NPC quotes from Corruption to Crimson, makes NPCs sell Crimson items) so that you don't have to open the world in a world editor to set it ?
I think that the Dryad shows Crimson/Corruption/Hallow if the Crimson flag is enabled.

A option for the Dungeon Chests might be nice, because it's possible to get corrupt/crimson seeds in a world without crimson/corruption, so it's possible to get the key.

I have a question about the backgrounds. In this editor you can set one background for every biome, but doesn't it have multiple backgrounds in one world ?(I think it's set by the world parts, so each part has a different background set).

That's a nice world generator, makes me think about the old one in the old Forums, which never got updated. That one had the option to set how many ore you wanted, it would be nice if this was added to this world creator.

Can you add a option to set the Crimson Flag(the one that sets if the EOC drops demonite or crimtane, changes the NPC quotes from Corruption to Crimson, makes NPCs sell Crimson items) so that you don't have to open the world in a world editor to set it ?
I think that the Dryad shows Crimson/Corruption/Hallow if the Crimson flag is enabled.

A option for the Dungeon Chests might be nice, because it's possible to get corrupt/crimson seeds in a world without crimson/corruption, so it's possible to get the key.

I have a question about the backgrounds. In this editor you can set one background for every biome, but doesn't it have multiple backgrounds in one world ?(I think it's set by the world parts, so each part has a different background set).
this program affects world generation and is nothing more.

The moons are mislabeled in the preview image. In-game, moon 2 is the ringed moon and moon 3 is the orange harvest moon, but they're switched in the preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom