Tool [Discontinued] Custom World Generator -- TerraCustom

Status
Not open for further replies.

PinkPlum

Official Terrarian
Welcome to
PXeFVAm.png

What is it?
TerraCustom allows you to select ores, biomes, backgrounds and all other kinds of graphic styles to create. You can also generate the world with both kinds of alternative ores and biomes (ever wanted a world with crimson and corruption so that you have access to all of the bosses?). You can decide if the world has pyramids or giant trees, yet the worlds created are still random and the generation is based on the original algorithm.

*** TerraCustom is under construction! ***
This is not supporting Terraria v1.3

You may download the latest version from the link below but it will work on Terraria v1.2.4.1 ONLY.
You may also view the past specification but it does not guarantee to have all the features in the next update.

Latest version: v1.1.4.1 (does not support Terraria v1.3)
Download link: Download

Backup when the link above is not working): link

Programmers need coffee and pizza. If you are willing to support me by any chance,
Donation link (Thank you!): Donate

Hi Terrarians!

I know everyone is craving for update v1.3, but why not play one more world before the update with your favorite ores/biomes/backgrounds etc.? Did you know that Terraria has 14 different backgrounds and 6 kinds of trees in the Forest? You'd better check them out and find your favorite one with this tool.
I made a new tool for PC Terraria called TerraCustom which generates random worlds with custom conditions.

PXeFVAm.png

TerraCustom allows you to select ores, biomes, tree types, moon graphic, backgrounds to create. You can also generate the world with both kinds of alternative ores and biomes (ever wanted a world with crimson and corruption so that you have access to all of the bosses?). You will no longer need to create new worlds again and again until you get your favorite kind of combinations (which lots of you and I have done before haha). You can decide if the world has pyramids or giant trees, yet the worlds created are still random and the generation is based on the original algorithm.

Features:
  • Select one of the alternative ores or both to generate. (Normal mode ores only v1.0.1 update: you can select hardmode ores as well!)
  • Select graphics forest trees, the moon, backgrounds, dungeon colors, and moss colors.
  • Select the Corruption/Crimson or both or neither.
  • Choose pyramids and giant trees to be generated or not.
  • It also includes lists of images of backgrounds, trees, and moons.
  • (v1.0.1) You can start with hardmode.
  • (v1.1.0) This tool is DRM free. However, you still need a copy of Terraria (either a Steam or GoG version) to use it.
  • (v1.1.2) Options for challengers generating maps with no trees, dungeons, or temples.
  • (v1.1.3) Options to set the amount of each ore generated.
  • (v1.1.3) Option to not generate snow or jungle biome.
  • (v1.1.4.1) Option to set jungle shrine blocks
  • *(v1.1.3) Option to generate hardmode ores in the beginning. You will be able to have all kinds of hardmode ores after smashing altars during the game.
Instructions:
  1. Download TerraCustom here.
    When the link above is not available, use this link.
  2. Unzip and open the file.
  3. Put TerraCuston.exe to the directory where your Terraria exists.
    For Steam users, C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Terraria
    For GoG users, C:\GOG Games\Terraria

If you have both? Pick your favorite one!
  4. Double click TerraCustom to run the tool.
Video Tutorials:
The interface looks just like the official Terraria menu so the use of this tool is straightforward. Simply click the condition you want to change to customize the world you want to generate. The backgrounds, trees, and moons styles that correspond to the numbers are in the Graphic Styles folder. The default setting is all random which generates the same worlds as the official Terraria generates.

This tool only supports PC Terraria v1.2.4.1.
If you liked my tool and want to see future updates, please support me by donation here.
I would very appreciate and be motivated to work on updates :)

Latest version: v1.1.4.1
Download link: Download

Download without waiting (also a backup when the link above is not available): link.
Donation link (Thank you!): Donate

I am open to any kind of feedback, questions, bug reports and suggestion.

Thank you for reading the post and enjoy YOUR Terraria worlds!

*New*
v1.1.3: Now You are able to have all kinds of hardmode ores after smashing altars during the game!
*In the Ore Amount option, there is a slide bar that generates alternate hardmode ores in the beginning. Say you choose old ores in Ores option, then setting this slide bar will generate new ores in the map and smashing altars will generate old ores. Yes, these ores generated by this tool will appear in the map even though you are not in the hardmode, so you can mine them if you have a strong pickaxe.

Thanks to Evilgrapez for making a video tutorial on TerraCustom v1.1.2!
View Evilgrapez's video here.

Thanks to meetyourdemize for making an awesome video showing the features of the tool and how to use it.
View meetyourdemize's video here.

Last edited:
v1.0.1 Update Note:
  • You can now select hardmode ores in advance.
  • You can choose to start with hardmode.

This is awesome.

-- to avoid a double post --

suggestions:
-Show the background on the screen and the moon changes as well on the menu when we use each option.

Last edited:
Man, I have a friend who coded something very similar to this, though it only allows for picking alternates, not allowing both to gen at once, and it can't forge-gen islands or pyramids, only say if one was or wasn't generated. But it uses the exact worldgen code for the game, so it'll gen worlds the same way the game would, as opposed to just 'very close'.

I wasn't sure if it was forum-legal due to using the game's raw worldgen code to funtion, and waited for ages to get word from mods about it, but to no avail. :c

Oh well. It's about time something like this got released, even if it's not my friend's version!

-Allow us to generate both of each ore- maybe not for the hardmode ones but for the normal ores.

It already has such option :)
Click the option of one of the normal ores twice and "Both" option should appear.

-Show the background on the screen and the moon changes as well on the menu when we use each option.

The moon changes when you change the option.
I tried with background changes as well, but I had a trouble doing this. Hope I will figure it out one day.

Thanks for your suggestion and I'm glad you like it!

Yeah, it would be great to be able to see pictures for the backgrounds.

Great job and I really hope you update this ASAP for 1.3.

It already has such option :)
Click the option of one of the normal ores twice and "Both" option should appear.

The moon changes when you change the option.
I tried with background changes as well, but I had a trouble doing this. Hope I will figure it out one day.

Thanks for your suggestion and I'm glad you like it!

Yeah I kinda figured out that first one after I made another world with it.
Great tool though- it's nice to customize the world.

So basically this tool only comes to existence when i don't need it anymore
Still too cool
Well there was a server mod a while ago that did the same thing- but it generated older version worlds.

Why don't you need it anymore?

Boooo! If it's possible, could we get a GoG version? One that doesn't require the disgusting, anti-consumer abomination known as Steam?

PS - Sorry if that came off as rude, I just REALLY hate Steam. Please, could we get a GoG version of this? I've always wanted this kind of thing for Terraria.

PS - Sorry if that came off as rude, I just REALLY hate Steam. Please, could we get a GoG version of this? I've always wanted this kind of thing for Terraria.

I understand why you hate DRM. I have Steam and forgot about the GoG version. I'll look into making it work without Steam.

This is absolutely amazing. Someone made something similar like this back on the old forums but he fell from this planet. I'm very happy with this. :)
Nice work!

this thing is awesome, but is this supposed to happen?
2014-11-21_00004.jpg

I have seen this happen to people but its never happened to me then first time i use this it does it

this tool is great for all kind of users, it's great for map makers to further customize them, and it's great for players to have the world they always wanted!
thanks for making this, an awesome feature would be to be able to include custom builds in the random generating process...
you'd need to be able to select the frecuency and biomes it can spawn in, that would be epic as hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom