Tool [Discontinued] Custom World Generator -- TerraCustom

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to suggest the exact same thing. however, I would really like to know how many pyramids, living woods trees, etc., can theoretically be generated with the original ingame generator. the thing is, I would love to have a world with the maximum number of pyramids and so on, but it should still be a world that in theory, could have been a result of the original generator, too.
There is probably a max number that the devs put in, but I'm sure you could tell the generator to fill the map with them.

Alright guys, things are getting a little heated in here when they really don't need to be in the first place.

I can see where @facepoppies was trying to say, but it could have been phrased much better. Possibly along the lines of "Is this tool still under development right now?"

What was actually said was very misconstrued, and can be seen as offensive and rude. However, that does not give people the right to dogpile on this user to berate their behavior. It is uneeded, and merely clogs a section of the thread with bickering.

I am going to have to ask that you all drop the subject at hand, and please continue to be respectful and contributing to this thread. Thanks.

So is it possible to go back to 1.2.4, generate a world then transfer it to 1.3?

Or is that wishful thinking, because reading a few pages back we haven't gotten a response from the mod owner It would seem.

What do you mean by that? You made your own version of this that supports 1.3, and it has a website?
Naw just another person who can't be bothered to check anything beyond the first post saying they have 1.3 game and want to use the tool now.

So is it possible to go back to 1.2.4, generate a world then transfer it to 1.3?

Or is that wishful thinking, because reading a few pages back we haven't gotten a response from the mod owner It would seem.
You wouldn't have all the neat 1.3 stuff, but yes.

Programming takes time. I've worked on smaller projects in well known languages for university and have dumped 6+ hours a day in two week periods. For future reference, for projects of these magnitudes 2 or even 3 months of inactivity is completely reasonable. We have a guarantee that it will be done, if I recall from an earlier post by the creator. That in and of itself is enough to set my heart at ease.

May it in time be enough for you as well, facepoppies. :)

Very cool tool, does it let the whole world be 1 biome? it would be really fun to do a all crimson/corrupiton world and be really cool to eplore a all glowing mushroom world

Very cool tool, does it let the whole world be 1 biome? it would be really fun to do a all crimson/corrupiton world and be really cool to eplore a all glowing mushroom world
Nope. It just does generate a world using Terraria's own worldgen with more options. You can decide dungeon colors, backgrounds, hardmode on or off, crimson or corruption (or both), ores, pyramids, living trees. It has quite a few options.

*** TerraCustom is under construction! ***
This is not supporting Terraria v1.3

Does this mean it won't get updated to 1.3, or am I doing English badly.

Seriously don't mean to induce stress or to be rude in any way but as a major control freak throughout life in general, despite having only discovered this a few minutes ago I would literally empty the contents of my bank account on top of you to complete a 1.3 compatible version within the next minus 4 seconds, please and thankyou. I cannot function unless the world is perfect.

So I finally sat down to start developing a custom world for terraria using Binary Construct's BETA version of Tedit for 1.3 (after waiting an agonizing month and a half for an update to BC's official release), when after a few hours of attempting to generate a world through Terraria that I could begin the tedious adventure of building on, I figured that there must be an easier way to generate worlds quickly.
So I typed: Terraria world Generator into my browser and this was the first tool to pop up. Needles to say my interest was piqued, so I decided to test the program out despite the fact that it was outdated and was very impressed with the options and the way the world(s) it generated turned out.
Now I am willing to postpone - For another Month and a half - my custom terraria world until the 1.3 support version for this tool comes out (or at least the Beta version).
Will be using this, alongside Tedit, to create the perfect world to my standards.

On a side note, I have a suggestion that I hope will be implemented shortly after the release of the next release: The option to set the heights of the caverns, underground, min/max height of the surface and min/max height of clouds. My custom world will require a lower surface for what I plan to do. Would be great, alongside many other suggestions posted here!

Good Job! Keep up the Great work!

On a side note, I have a suggestion that I hope will be implemented shortly after the release of the next release: The option to set the heights of the caverns, underground, min/max height of the surface and min/max height of clouds. My custom world will require a lower surface for what I plan to do. Would be great, alongside many other suggestions posted here!
The problem with this is that, and correct me if I'm wrong, the min/max heights for these regions are hard coded into the size of the world. While the surface could arguably be at any height, the region/biome/whatever itself would be what the height dictates. A sky island generated below it's proper region, if at all possible, wouldn't count as sky island and a surface in the caverns wouldn't count as forest.

The problem with this is that, and correct me if I'm wrong, the min/max heights for these regions are hard coded into the size of the world. While the surface could arguably be at any height, the region/biome/whatever itself would be what the height dictates. A sky island generated below it's proper region, if at all possible, wouldn't count as sky island and a surface in the caverns wouldn't count as forest.

Not exactly. When you generate a world in Terraria everything is random. World size, cavern height, sky height, everything. The world size you select basically guarantees that it is between two heights. Take a look at the article for Cavern for example. On a small world the minimum is 120ft, but the maximum is 840ft. On medium the minimum is 180 and the max 1260.

As such, the heights aren't exactly coded, but rather their limits are.

Not exactly. When you generate a world in Terraria everything is random. World size, cavern height, sky height, everything. The world size you select basically guarantees that it is between two heights. Take a look at the article for Cavern for example. On a small world the minimum is 120ft, but the maximum is 840ft. On medium the minimum is 180 and the max 1260.

As such, the heights aren't exactly coded, but rather their limits are.
Eh, that's basically what I said.

On another topic, though, if it's possible could the enchanted sword shrines be generated w/ the tool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom