tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
@HuoXue I'm not sure about your first error, but your second one is because of a path error. Have you tried reinstalling tapi?

I haven't - I didn't think it would be relevant because the error literally occurs without making any changes - I finish playing one night, and then the next day it starts doing it. I'm not sure how it's a path error though, that's where those files are located. It just seems that it's saying that's where the application/DLL that threw the error is at.

i haven't tried this myself but i think this should work, if you give your mob a mimic AI (25) and at at the top of the walking animation sprite sheet have a sprite that looks like a chest (or whatever you want your mimic to look like)
Great thanks this is exactly what I was thinking to do. I just needed some help. I still would like to find somewhere that says how to code one, as mine just derps hard right now, like really hard, like put the derpling to shame hard, that hard.

Hello, I have a problem with tAPI's Mod Builder. Every time I try to open it, it says "tAPI Builder has stopped working." I've never been able to use it since I downloaded it. I posted this problem before, and no one answered me. So I thought I would repost it, seeing how no one would bother to even acknowledge me.

Hello, I have a problem with tAPI's Mod Builder. Every time I try to open it, it says "tAPI Builder has stopped working." I've never been able to use it since I downloaded it. I posted this problem before, and no one answered me. So I thought I would repost it, seeing how no one would bother to even acknowledge me.
Copy Terraria.exe and rename the copy tAPI.exe.

is there a way to change/add textures to vanilla accessories?
All of the textures are stored in a texture directory in the 'Main' class. For instance, the head armour is 'Main.armorHeadTexture', the balloon texture is 'Main.accBalloonTexture' etc. if you wanted to replace a texture you would reference it using it's texture ID and then load a new texture to replace it.

For example, if you wanted to replace the Blue Horseshoe Balloon texture with a custom texture you would have 'Main.accBalloonTexture[2] = <insert custom texture here>;
2 is the texture ID of the Blue Horseshoe Balloon.

The items texture ID different to it's item ID. If you want find what the texture ID's are, either convert all of the .xnb files in Terraria's image directory to .png, or decompile tAPI, then search through the Item.cs file for your item and make a note of what slot the item uses.

I get this everytime I try to make a server ...

Attachments

• Untitlsded.png
    Untitlsded.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 246
A problem just happened to me when I restarted my computer a few hours ago. I had 14 mods installed with all 14 activated and once I restarted and launched the game, tAPI started to crash. After a few hours of testing and etc, it seems I can run more then 4 mods at a time. I tried verifying the integrity of my terraria to remove tapi and reinstalling tAPI but that didn't fix anything. How do I fix it so I can use more than 4 mods.

A problem just happened to me when I restarted my computer a few hours ago. I had 14 mods installed with all 14 activated and once I restarted and launched the game, tAPI started to crash. After a few hours of testing and etc, it seems I can run more then 4 mods at a time. I tried verifying the integrity of my terraria to remove tapi and reinstalling tAPI but that didn't fix anything. How do I fix it so I can use more than 4 mods.
It depends on the mods you're using. Some mods cause conflict errors and sometimes crash. What were the 14 mods you were trying to use?

If they all worked before restarting, then I don't know what to tell you. tAPI can be a bit funky at times, I believe. Are you sure there wasn't anything else you did right before or after restarting? Like getting a later version of a mod or something?
Uh, only thing I did before the restart on Terraria was a pirate invasion and losing all my npcs and stuff

Hmm. Wait, when does the crash happen? As soon as tAPI starts up or as soon as you load a world?
The crash happens whenever I have more than 4 mods installed on start up. If I have 4 or less mods installed, it doesn't crash at all but when I load it up with more than 4 mods, it crashes.

The crash happens whenever I have more than 4 mods installed on start up. If I have 4 or less mods installed, it doesn't crash at all but when I load it up with more than 4 mods, it crashes.

OK, got that fixed but now it crashes whenever i use one of Shockah's mods (I really need the Cheat Menu for something I'm doing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom