tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.4 would be a major patch. 1.3.1 is a minor patch. 1.3.0.x are hotfixes. :dryadsmile:

Like Neojin says here, tAPI is discontinued, and that an API needs a rewrite for 1.3, and that we chose a new name.

And like Ark said, quite a few of the old dev's are under limitations because of working for or testing for Relogic.

However, Me, PoroCYon, and Meowmaritus(formerly GreenCat) have been working at an API called "Prism", which is fully open source (under license) and on GitHub. It's not ready for regular use by modders, but it's getting there. You can look at it here: https://github.com/TerrariaPrismTeam/Prism

(PS: That's not to say other tAPI members will not be helping, I'm not sure the details of their NDA but Prism includes no decompiled source code, and most of them have been invited to the team.)
Errrr.. A new API? But there is already tModLoader and it is pretty good. I think it would be bad if there will be 2 APIs.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438008912,1438008664][/DOUBLEPOST]
Also it sucks. #DevBurn #CodeRekt

:redspin:
As for me tModLoader is pretty good and convenient more than tAPI.

Errrr.. A new API? But there is already tModLoader and it is pretty good. I think it would be bad if there will be 2 APIs.
[DOUBLEPOST=1438008912,1438008664][/DOUBLEPOST]
As for me tModLoader is pretty good and convenient more than tAPI.
But Prism is more convenient than tConfig, tAPI, and tModLoader combined: You don't have to wait months for a new version to come out when Terraria gets updated :red:

tModLoader is excellent development environment of mods. It is convenient, it is simple. And most importantly - it is now in active development. You decided to make a new API too late.

Ugh, I didnt announce it to get people fighting over it.

tModLoader is excellent development environment of mods. It is convenient, it is simple. And most importantly - it is now in active development. You decided to make a new API too late.
Prism started around the same time or before tModLoader, we just kept quiet about it while doing the buggy/boring parts of development.

And besides, with how Prism works, it's entirely possible t could be compatible wth tModLoader, so you could use both maybe. Not totally sure yet, one side might need to make compatibility changes

Prism is in active development as well you know :redmunch:
Because it's open source, unlike tModLoader, it can be expanded upon by literally anyone who feels like it.
At this rate, Prism will be done much more quickly than tModLoader because multiple people are contributing toward its development but only one person is contributing toward tModLoader's development.

Fun fact: Prism has been in development since weeks before the tModLoader thread was posted. We simply didn't want to make a thread until it was "done" because of the whole open source thing and whatnot (anyone who wants to help debug Prism or help develop it can right now without the thread and the thread will be for the end user type of stuff)

So basically Prism started before tModLoader and will probably finish before tModLoader therefore tModLoader was the API that was made too late

Ugh, I didnt announce it to get people fighting over it.

Prism started around the same time or before tModLoader, we just kept quiet about it while doing the buggy/boring parts of development.

And besides, with how Prism works, it's entirely possible t could be compatible wth tModLoader, so you could use both maybe. Not totally sure yet, one side might need to make compatibility changes
Prism compatible with tModLoader will be pretty good. Maybe you could use tModLoader codes in Prism?

Prism is in active development as well you know :redmunch:
Because it's open source, unlike tModLoader, it can be expanded upon by literally anyone who feels like it.
At this rate, Prism will be done much more quickly than tModLoader because multiple people are contributing toward its development but only one person is contributing toward tModLoader's development.

Fun fact: Prism has been in development since weeks before the tModLoader thread was posted. We simply didn't want to make a thread until it was "done" because of the whole open source thing and whatnot (anyone who wants to help debug Prism or help develop it can right now without the thread and the thread will be for the end user type of stuff)

So basically Prism started before tModLoader and will probably finish before tModLoader therefore tModLoader was the API that was made too late
It seems so... blatantly. You could at least say that you are developing. Rather than appear suddenly and reject what everyone's started to get used to.

Prism compatible with tModLoader will be pretty good. Maybe you could use tModLoader codes in Prism?
It's literally easier to convert from tModLoader to Prism than it was to convert from tAPI to tModLoader

It seems so... blatantly. You could at least say that you are developing. Rather than appear suddenly and reject what everyone's started to get used to.
Well some of us other humans actually enjoy a nice surprise every once in a while

When prism is done I will be looking forward to creating mod.
I wish there was a tool that allowed players to create standalone mods easily

The thing is, our IRC channel (#tapi on irc.esper.net) was really really REALLY active since just before 1.3 hit. Prism was the main topic of talk since back then. Also modding in general. It wasn't set in stone yet, it was mostly just random "HEY LET'S THINK OF A 1.3 MODDING API NAME, YEAH LET'S CALL IT SWAGAPI" - hence the lack of posts. No one really bothered to come over to IRC and talk to anyone either.

When prism is done I will be looking forward to creating mod.
I wish there was a tool that allowed players to create standalone mods easily
There's.

ILSpy and VisualStudio 2015

Anyway, all those prism-fanboys, lol - get a life.

tModLoader has much more features than prism ever will have, and is much more better in all ways.
Not only tModLoader uses actual c# instead of crappy cecil like prism, it's perfomance is like x10 better. So yeah, get lost with prism of yours lol.

Source: 10years enterprise experience with VB++.Net and .NET Framework 5.0

There's.

tModLoader has much more features than prism ever will have, and is much more better in all ways.
Not only tModLoader uses actual c# instead of crappy cecil like prism, it's perfomance is like x10 better. So yeah, get lost with prism of yours lol.

Well, to be fair, Prism is still in heavy WIP. Just like how tModLoader still is.

There's.

Oh stop it you, you troll. We all know SwagAPI was your idea :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom