tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are u guys fighting over this? Jesus Christ both API's can be compatible since they are both open source and active.

People fighting over API's like this is what normally kill mod communities.

Why are u guys fighting over this? Jesus Christ both API's can be compatible since they are both open source and active.

People fighting over API's like this is what normally kill mod communities.
Who's fighting over this?
-tModloader will have more features added more easily but will be difficult to update if Terraria updates, since it is Terraria's modified source.
-Prism will not need nearly as many updates since it'll be the same for the most part, adding onto Terraria's source, but will prove new features to take longer.
Both APIs have their ups and downs. Reminds me of the Toontown community

So... I'm confused. Is there or is there not a released mod client that works with the current version of Terraria and actually has mods out for it? I'm not going to waste time downloading tmodloader or prism just to have them not work or not have any mods out for them. Also, can someone please link me to Prism? I can't find it anywhere on the forums. And sorry if my questions have already been answered elsewhere on this thread, but I'm not going to sift through 20 pages of posts with a fine toothed comb searching for answers that may not be there.

So... I'm confused. Is there or is there not a released mod client that works with the current version of Terraria and actually has mods out for it? I'm not going to waste time downloading tmodloader or prism just to have them not work or not have any mods out for them. Also, can someone please link me to Prism? I can't find it anywhere on the forums. And sorry if my questions have already been answered elsewhere on this thread, but I'm not going to sift through 20 pages of posts with a fine toothed comb searching for answers that may not be there.
Ask @MiraiMai for the link to Prism. Prism isnt done but its getting there. tModloader is working though and is released

Ask @MiraiMai for the link to Prism. Prism isnt done but its getting there. tModloader is working though and is released
Ok, will do. How's the mod release situation on tModLoader? I would look through the forums to find out, buuut I'm too lazy. Asking on the thread of another modding client is easier and stupider. It's a win win!

Ok, will do. How's the mod release situation on tModLoader? I would look through the forums to find out, buuut I'm too lazy. Asking on the thread of another modding client is easier and stupider. It's a win win!
Got quite a few item mods, and a couple tapi mods being pulled over
Look in WIP section

I need some assistance, with all tapi versions, I get this error:
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\CraftButton". File not found.
at ContentManager.OpenStream(String assetName)
at ContentManager.ReadAsset(String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at ContentManager.Load(String assetName)
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()
at Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Program.Main(String[] args)
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\CraftButton.xnb". File not found.
at TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)

Any assistance?

I need some assistance, with all tapi versions, I get this error:
Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Images\CraftButton". File not found.
at ContentManager.ReadAsset(String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
at ContentManager.Load(String assetName)
at Main.LoadContent()
at Game.Initialize()
at Main.Initialize()
at Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Error loading "Content\Images\CraftButton.xnb". File not found.
at TitleContainer.OpenStream(String name)

Any assistance?
Well, if you insist.
It's not easy, but if you happen to have access to the data from 1.2, you can simply copy 29 of the images from 1.2's folder into 1.3's Images folder. And even then, there will be some graphical glitches on town NPC's.

If you don't have any of 1.2's images, it's possible, just more tricky. Follow these instructions at your own risk!

You need to copy certain .xnb files from Terraria's Content/Images folder, and then rename them as follows: (without removing the .xnb extension)
1.3 name ---------------------> 1.2 name
Craft_Toggle_0---------------------> CraftButton
Cursor_0---------------------> Cursor
Cursor_1---------------------> Cursor2
Player_4_11---------------------> Female_Pants
Player_4_4---------------------> Female_Shirt
Player_4_6---------------------> Female_Shirt2
Player_4_12---------------------> Female_Shoes
Player_4_8---------------------> Female_Undershirt
Player_4_13---------------------> Female_Undershirt2
Player_0_13---------------------> player_belt //the p in player must be lowercase, for this one only
Player_0_1---------------------> Player_Eye_Whites
Player_0_2---------------------> Player_Eyes
Player_4_5---------------------> Player_Hands
Player_4_9---------------------> Player_Hands2
Player_0_0---------------------> Player_Head
Player_0_11---------------------> Player_Pants
Player_0_6---------------------> Player_Shirt
Player_0_12---------------------> Player_Shoes
Player_0_4---------------------> Player_Undershirt
Player_0_8---------------------> Player_Undershirt2
Rain---------------------> Rain_0 //This will probably cause graphical wierdness,
Rain---------------------> Rain_1 //Not much that I can do about it really.
Rain---------------------> Rain_2
Rain---------------------> Rain_3
Rain---------------------> Rain_4
Rain---------------------> Rain_5
Player_0_7---------------------> Skin_Arm
Player_0_3---------------------> Skin_Body
Player_0_10---------------------> Skin_Legs
Once done, copy these back to the Images folder. If you get asked to overwrite anything, don't. It means that you forgot to rename something.

If it still won't launch, it's possible that you made a spelling error. Check (userName)\Documents\My Games\Terraria\tAPI\Logs for the most recent log file that tells you which images are still missing and check the spelling of those.

There's been some changes made to the sprites with 1.3 that will cause graphical wierdness on the player, but there isn't much that I can do about it. You also have to create six copies of Rain and rename them Rain_0 to Rain_5. This will make rain look strange, but again, I can't really do anything.

Having gone to all of that effort... you're probably better off waiting for tModLoader or Prism anyway. tAPI doesn't have any of 1.3's features and nobody is making any new mods for it.

Who announced that tAPI is discontinued, and when did this happen? Also why? Basically all the Ws lol. I found the thread for tModLoader, does Prism have it's own thread on the forums?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom