1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Discussion in 'Released' started by Yoraiz0r, Oct 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: discontinued prior to 1.3 release
Lock date: 20:26 04-08-2016
  1. Stalker

Stalker Terrarian

Uh, i'll waiting this mod for tAPI it will be really cool.
    But i have some questions.
    ¿Does the content change or have some diferences if its launched for tAPI? Or will be same as TConfig.
    Maibe is hard to port from TConfig to tApia. Anyway, Nice work!

2. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

3. berberborscing

berberborscing Skeletron Prime

As long as the item and it's image are in the same folder, it does not need the "texture" line.
    Put the image and JSON in the same place and remove the "texture" line and see if that works.

4. Trogdor

Trogdor Terrarian

I hope people start updating for R11 cause for right now I'm :red:ed (I didn't have tAPI before they updated it)

5. Arkhayla

Arkhayla Terrarian

There is a link to r10 in the OP

Nopezal likes this.
  6. Sentinel-11235813

Sentinel-11235813 Terrarian

Hello. I followed the same tutorial and had the same issue. I solved it by adding a .cs file with the same name as the .json in the Items folder and a ModBase.cs (which I found off a TemplateMod and had to alter a little since tAPI must have changed since that was uploaded) in the main folder of the BasicItem Mod.

On that note, I'm having some trouble with making a placeable item. My .json file seems to be fine, the mod compiles, I can see it in the crafting menu, but cannot place it after I craft it... Obviously I'm missing something and I get the feeling it might have something to do with the .cs file for the item. I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction (to a tutorial, or an example perhaps).

Edit: Never mind. After some toying around I figured it out :dryadsmile:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
  7. Trogdor

Trogdor Terrarian

im afraid i can't seem to find it on the original post if you could send me the link to the page on the original post that would be appreciated

8. Sentinel-11235813

Sentinel-11235813 Terrarian

Are you looking for r10 for tAPI? On the original post there is a spoiler (Downloads Archive) in the downloads section for r11.

Nopezal and Arkhayla like this.
  9. Trogdor

Trogdor Terrarian

I found it thank you

10. Everest

Everest Mechanic

Try adding an empty cs file (for example, "Empty.cs") to your mod's folder and try to build again.

11. chikai116

chikai116 Terrarian

The second one I cannot reproduce either.
    I turn off all Mod, the piggy crash happen every time I click LootAll, regardless the content inside, even nothing click LootAll will crash.
    I also heard that clicking LootAll will have a lot of "sound of receive an item"
    upload_2014-10-19_12-49-53.png

12. Redstorm

Redstorm Terrarian

You have to create .cs file for your item

13. Nim

Nim Steampunker

Cant wait until the documentation is done :D

bad_news likes this.
  14. Arkamirade

Arkamirade Skeletron Prime

How would I do that? Thanks.

15. Arkamirade

Tryed both of these and the mod built itself, however in-game I can't craft the item that I coded. I created an empty .cs file called Empty.cs and it allowed me to build the mod, but as I said I couldn't craft the item. Any more ideas? Thanks.

16. Redstorm

Redstorm Terrarian

Why i when create .cs file.I have crafted this item
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 19, 2014 ---
    Example: Dark Sword.json,Dark Sword.cs,Dark Sword.png

17. Arkamirade

I've been spending months surfing the internet for tutorials and all I found was TheHuckleberryWill. I would also love to be pointed in the right direction too. I tryed what you said. The mod compiles, but ever since I got Tapi r11 it has come up with an error everytime I load it up or I reload mods. At first it was, to me, purely aesthetic. But now whenever I play a world with my mod, the game crashes. I'll attach some screenshots. If you wouldn't mind checking them out, then that would be helpful. Thanks!

Attached Files:

18. jordan

jordan Skeletron

Have you got a texture for Basic Element item?

19. Arkamirade

I do indeed. It's saved as a png with a colourless background, if that helps. 44 x 44 size, sorry for all the details but I'm keen to start modding and to do so I need to be able to make a basic item, or I'll have trouble making anything else.

20. jordan

jordan Skeletron

Can I please have a screenshot of your main folder, your items folder and your basic element json file (the actual contents)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.