tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
My terraria went through this weird stage when I had tAPI. After I played a bit with my character, when I turned my computer off all my data on tAPI was erased. When I put the old files before my character/world files were erased, in the character selection screen where it should say my characters name it was completely blank. When I loaded my world save (which was not blank and normal), I crashed.
MODS:
Thorium+
TUWM
Dark Souls weapons
Ulterria

EDIT: Not sure but this was in my logs:
Ionic.Zip.ZipException: Cannot read that as a ZipFile
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.Read(System.String fileName, System.IO.TextWriter statusMessageWriter, System.Text.Encoding encoding, System.EventHandler`1[[Ionic.Zip.ReadProgressEventArgs, Ionic.Zip.Reduced, Version=1.9.1.9000, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null]] readProgress)
at Terraria.WorldFile.ActualLoadWorld(System.String world)
at Terraria.WorldFile.loadWorld()
at Terraria.WorldGen.playWorldCallBack(System.Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext executionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback callback, System.Object state, System.Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
Ionic.Zip.BadReadException: Bad signature (0x00000066) at position 0x00000000
at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadHeader(Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry ze, System.Text.Encoding defaultEncoding)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.ReadEntry(Ionic.Zip.ZipContainer zc, System.Boolean first)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance_Orig(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf)
at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile.ReadIntoInstance(Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf)
Reload, that's usually a bad boot up.

You should delete the config.json file in My Documents/My Games/Terraria/tAPI, pretty sure. I had the same problem, that fixed it though. (I also had Omnir's Nostalgia Pack, lol.)
Wait a minute, mine was doing the same thing and showing the error I posted... let me try this...
EDIT: Probably shouldve quoted the post Chrome did, but too late now :p
EDIT2: Okay, it started up, but getting some error upon starting up, and can't get a screenshot :(
EDIT3: Working now, just disabled all the Shockah.Base related mods, including Shockah.Base itself, and reloaded tAPI :)

Last edited:
I've been have weird things happening with tAPI lately, I started a character and named him, but he shows up as Player 1 for some reason. Also, enemies sometimes spawn onscreen, the picture is a bit jittery, and (although I think this is just REALLY bad RNG) Frozen Turtle Shell and Vitamins won't drop. Even though I got 3 Blindfolds, and umpteen banners from farming. I'm only using the Thorium+ Mod by the way.

(I really want the Terrarium Defender...)

*silently walks back into thread*
So uhh...

It's been a while.
We just uploaded tAPI r15.

Mostly bug fixes, some new features (grass, chest, vanilla player import support and suchs)
Apologies for the 5 months delay since the last update...

Hope you like it!
(If you find any bugs please report them on our mantis bugtracker available via trying "?mantis" in the IRC channel)

I've been have weird things happening with tAPI lately, I started a character and named him, but he shows up as Player 1 for some reason. Also, enemies sometimes spawn onscreen, the picture is a bit jittery, and (although I think this is just REALLY bad RNG) Frozen Turtle Shell and Vitamins won't drop. Even though I got 3 Blindfolds, and umpteen banners from farming. I'm only using the Thorium+ Mod by the way.

(I really want the Terrarium Defender...)
Im lovin tAPI, ive started watching some guy on YT but he doesnt have many tutorials... i also looked at the template... is there a way to make a boss?? or an event like a golbin army??

Im lovin tAPI, ive started watching some guy on YT but he doesnt have many tutorials... i also looked at the template... is there a way to make a boss?? or an event like a golbin army??
A boss is a famcy npc with boss: true, in the json file. Thats about it. BlUemagic has a tutorial om it.

So, I installed r15 over r14a and now my modded game doesn't work. Tried installing it again and it's saying my game directory is invalid...

0_o;
I just performed a reinstall of r14a and then installed r15 over it, everything is fine on this end.
Are you two using Eikester's game launcher? (if not, try installing r15 over a clean Terraria? no idea what is the problem just yet)

So, I installed r15 over r14a and now my modded game doesn't work. Tried installing it again and it's saying my game directory is invalid...
When you say "doesn't work", what exactly is the issue? (while I doubt any mods would break from r14->r15, it is slightly recommended to rebuild your mods / try disabling everything via the mods json and then try running tapi with all of them disabled at first?)

Does r15 include the new minion code?
1) No idea what minion code are you talking about, r11+ has perfectly functional minion support.
2) You can see the changelog for r15 in the first post of the thread

If you're trying to make your own minion you're going to have to write your own code, nowhere in terraria there is a "built in minion code you can just call in 1 line".

1) No idea what minion code are you talking about, r11+ has perfectly functional minion support.
2) You can see the changelog for r15 in the first post of the thread

If you're trying to make your own minion you're going to have to write your own code, nowhere in terraria there is a "built in minion code you can just call in 1 line".
I was referring to the fix in preItemCheck that Miraimai mentioned:
In R15 the PreItemCheck wont be needed, it's fixed to work with mod minions as well now.

Code:
Added Tile boolean json field "chest", used for the purpose of allowing the tile to act as a chest object (you still need to
Errr... To do what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom