tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that say 1.2.4.1.

Cause I think it does!

:D
Yeah, yeah! :D[DOUBLEPOST=1413300912][/DOUBLEPOST]How I can create an item that will activate all wires and mechs from a distance? If you can write the full code please because I am not good at .cs o_O Tnx.

How I can create an item that will activate all wires and mechs from a distance? If you can write the full code please because I am not good at .cs o_O Tnx.

'Yknow, learning C# (the language for .cs files) might be a thing to consider! It's not a hard language, that's for sure.
For tutorials, I would recommend thenewboston. If you know the syntax, you can go ahead to msdn (Microsoft Developers Network)!

It's too generic of an exception. Could you possibly upload the whole mod?
Would have done that, but I fixed it now, thanks. It took me some time to find out the folders are now plural. Also, I still had some constructors lying around.

Excuse me, someone on the GOG's boards mentionned your software saying the R11 version was usable with the GOG version of Terraria.

I did download the R11, tried to install it, but its still searches for a Steam folder (even when I agree to let the software choose the folder, I have to discontinue the installation). When I redirect it to the right folder in order to install it, C:\GOG Games\Terraria, it says

Gqml52C.jpg

So, I'm puzzled. Is the R11 version usable with the GOG Terraria or not?

If not, is there plan in the near future to release a tAPI functionnal with the Terraria downloaded from GOG?

I was searching for a replacement of the Game Launcher, which is not compatible with GOG Terraria too.

Thanks you.

As long as the folder contains a Terraria.exe file, it'll work. Is that not the case with the GOG version?

Excuse me, someone on the GOG's boards mentionned your software saying the R11 version was usable with the GOG version of Terraria.

I did download the R11, tried to install it, but its still searches for a Steam folder (even when I agree to let the software choose the folder, I have to discontinue the installation). When I redirect it to the right folder in order to install it, C:\GOG Games\Terraria, it says ~snip~

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will look in to it, this version was intended to work with GOG and should not require game launcher either. Hopefully the fix will be simple? not sure yet.

Hey guys every time I copy and paste a mod like Necro.tapi and put it in Local, the new mod folder,i get the Error Tapi has stopped working.but when i dont have any mods in it it works fine.Why is this?

A few things modders porting over from 1.2.2 should know:

1. In ALL cases of constructors, you must remove them. They are no longer needed because, as shockah stated, it was very annoying to add them into the class when they did nothing. Anything your mod needs to set on load should be done in that hook, OnLoad().

2. Defs was split up into it's components, the common ones are:

Defs.npcs -> NPCDef.byName
Defs.projectiles -> ProjDef.byName
Defs.items -> ItemDef.byName
Defs.buffs -> BuffDef.type (This is temporary)
Defs.tiles -> TileDef.type (This is temporary)

The key (ie the string you put in) for the above are the same as before. (Defs.npcs["MyMod:MyNPC"] -> NPCDef.byName["MyMod:MyNPC"])
The only one that is the same is Defs.prefixes, which is still in Defs.

Last edited:
I'm using Zoodletec's examples that he gave me a long while ago, and obviously there are now issues building the mod

this issue is:
public override bool CanSpawn(int x, int y, int type, Player spawnedOn)

The type or namespace name 'Player' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
public override bool CanSpawn(int x, int y, int type, Player spawnedOn)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom