tAPI [Discontinued] tAPI - A Mod To Make Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.
i haven't read all 235 pages of the thread but why was this discontinued?, and if was due to lack of time couldn't some1 else update it?

as i noticed that people say the others use different file types so any Tapi mods don't work with the ones still being updated
tAPI was discontinued because of the 1.3 update of Terraria. They've moved development to Prism, a new modding API for 1.3, and someone else is working on tModLoader, another modding API for 1.3.

I don't know about Prosm, but you can find tModLoader Here.

Yes, but only those who had a backup of the content folder for 1.2. Try Prism or tModLoader, which are almost at the same level tAPI was.
YES! i got tapi to work now but what is this error?
>>> Singleplayer: 08:48:29 <<<
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "ThoriumMod:TerrariumSageStaff" found
at WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at ThoriumMod.MPlayer.ModifyDrawLayerList(List`1 list)
at Hooks.Call(Action`1[] ts, A a)
at Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow = 0)
at MenuButtonDrawPlayer.Draw(SpriteBatch SP, Boolean mouseOver)
at MenuPage.Draw(SpriteBatch SP)
at Menu.DrawMenu()
at Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

Mods used:
MetroidMod (Metroid Mod 2.0 Beta by Scooterboot9697)
ThoriumMod (Thorium Mod null by DivermanSam

YES! i got tapi to work now but what is this error?
>>> Singleplayer: 08:48:29 <<<
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: No key "ThoriumMod:TerrariumSageStaff" found
at WrapperDictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at ThoriumMod.MPlayer.ModifyDrawLayerList(List`1 list)
at Hooks.Call(Action`1[] ts, A a)
at Main.DrawPlayer(Player drawPlayer, Vector2 Position, Single rotation, Vector2 rotationOrigin, Single shadow = 0)
at MenuButtonDrawPlayer.Draw(SpriteBatch SP, Boolean mouseOver)
at MenuPage.Draw(SpriteBatch SP)
at Menu.DrawMenu()
at Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)

Mods used:
MetroidMod (Metroid Mod 2.0 Beta by Scooterboot9697)
ThoriumMod (Thorium Mod null by DivermanSam
It means that there's something wrong with the Thorium mod. When someone posts an error about a mod, it's almost always Thorium. Either find a different version of Thorium, or disable it entirely.

Or wait for the mod creator to update to tModLoader.

It means that there's something wrong with the Thorium mod. When someone posts an error about a mod, it's almost always Thorium. Either find a different version of Thorium, or disable it entirely.

Or wait for the mod creator to update to tModLoader.
ok all other mods work tho ;)

a real dumb question: could some modder pack all the stuff of 1.3 into a mod for tapi 1.2.4.1? XD
Considering it took Re-Logic more than a year, no, not really.

Plus, by the time that mod is created and it's ready for downloading, 1.3 will have the most insane mod support imaginable so it'd be pointless.
... Also, we'd have flying cars and human wings.

I need some help... I'm trying to make a tapi r16 mod, but i cant find a tutorial anywhere. Ive had lots of tconfig experience, so i know how basic items work, but im mostly confused about guns, mobs, and bosses. If anyone could point out some up to date tutorials, that would be very helpful :joy:

I need some help... I'm trying to make a tapi r16 mod, but i cant find a tutorial anywhere. Ive had lots of tconfig experience, so i know how basic items work, but im mostly confused about guns, mobs, and bosses. If anyone could point out some up to date tutorials, that would be very helpful :joy:
tAPI is sort of outdated, it is tModLoader now. But if you need a tutorial, just go through general discussions and look for Berberborscing's missing guide.

Is there any way to rebuild mods, like in tConfig? I want to be able to play mods such as Necro and GRealm, which are for r15, in r16, so I can play them with the r16 Thorium mod.

Is there any way to rebuild mods, like in tConfig? I want to be able to play mods such as Necro and GRealm, which are for r15, in r16, so I can play them with the r16 Thorium mod.
I think you can open up compiled tAPI mods with programs like WinRAR and 7-Zip and extract the files from them, then rebuild in the compiler

Hi guys, I am totally confused about the whole tAPI/Game launcher/steam/mod interaction. I would appreciate it if someone could walk me step by step how to play Omnir's Nostalgia Pack. talk to me like im a toddler or a complete idiot because I am extremely confused about everything.

So, to begin, I am assuming Omnir's Nos pack can *only* be played through tAPI. Is this true?
And tAPI only runs with version 1.2.4.1, is this also true?

If so, is there any way to set up game launcher so that it can run tAPI in a way that also makes tAPI load 1.2.4.1 on my system?

For the record, I currently have the latest up to date Steam version of Terraria. However I also have 1.2.4.1 in another file location that I use to play with my friend offline.

I am totally confused and bewildered and feel like there are literally 30 file locations on my computer just for Terraria. It's insane. can anyone please walk me through step by step like im a total idiot who has never seen a computer before. Thanks

WHY DID YOU DISCONTINUED THE TAPI FOR 1.3 I SPEND MONEY FOR NOTHING I HAD PLAN WITH TAPI BUT YOU GUYS DELETE TAPI FOR 1.3 THIS IS A HELL OF FRICKING WASTE OF MONEY IM BORED WITHOUT TAPI
iZPRXZZ.png
XO1AOto.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom