• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Discussion: Is Starlight a Shortsword?

NewtheElf

Terrarian
Recently I have been wondering: is Starlight a shortsword? I mean, on one hand, if you ignore the beams, it seems to look and function like a shortsword. On the other hand, the beams make it so much different than any other shortsword, and would make it the only hardmode shortsword and the only shortsword with projectiles. What are your thoughts on this?

Dragrath

Skeletron Prime
Given the new shortsword mechanics I would say definitely Just compare to the Gladius and Ruler In fact I came to a sort of realization that Arkhalis, and Terragrim as well are effectively shortswords which due to their special behavior can't get size modifiers.

XRynerX

Terrarian
I believe it is, considering the attack behaviour:
Normal sword swings up-to-downwards.
Shortsword thrusts straight to the mouse direction.

Any magic stuff onto the sword doesn't really change the weapon type with a few exceptions, I think Zenith is the one that is neither sword or shortsword imo.

Top Bottom