Items Discussion of the New Whips

The Rambler

Terrarian
So, I'd like to propose that the idea of size is actually important for whips, as I think that if a whip is longer (or bigger as it so happens), then you can target things from father away, meaning for summoners (who are really quite squishy) you can be less in the action and still be making sure your summons (your main damage dealers) are hitting what they should be. Thoughts?

Well, they don't seem to be designed to do huge damage. They're really just for targeting, which begs the question: Is having a Massive whip better than a Legendary?

I like the idea of making whips bigger so summoners can stay out of action, but I think a more interesting idea to buff the class from the beginning to the end of the game would be to make summoner into a more tanky class, just below melee. It doesn't make sense that 3/4 classes have to be glass cannons, and between summoners being 1. The most unique and creative class that can be literally anything the devs want, 2. Having to get in close to use whips but having wet paper for armor, and 3. Having the worst weapons at every single stage of the game because of broken minion AI, it makes perfect sense to give summoners more defensive armor and accessories to balance their lack of good weapons.

So, I'd like to propose that the idea of size is actually important for whips, as I think that if a whip is longer (or bigger as it so happens), then you can target things from father away, meaning for summoners (who are really quite squishy) you can be less in the action and still be making sure your summons (your main damage dealers) are hitting what they should be. Thoughts?
I actually had an idea of making whips start to shoot projectiles in hardmode, but I think it might be too late now. Mods will definitely add it if it doesn’t end up getting into vanilla.

Back
Top Bottom