Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

IndigoGollum

The Destroyer
Currently you can react to a post by replying to it or selecting an option from the "Like" button. The options for that usually work but aren't always appropriate. Maybe you disagree with something but it doesn't really make you "angry" or "sad." A "Dislike" option, represented with the "Like" reaction rotated 180° would work for these scenarios.

I highly doubt this will happen. I myself tried to get a new reaction added and even with a 31:1 yes to no ratio, it was denied because quote:
I can see the appeal for adding more reactions, but personally think the amount we have is sufficient. Too many and you start to dilute the pool, and if one comes in I anticipate there would be requests for more and more.
I’m expecting you’ll get a similar response from an admin or moderator.

Currently you can react to a post by replying to it or selecting an option from the "Like" button. The options for that usually work but aren't always appropriate. Maybe you disagree with something but it doesn't really make you "angry" or "sad." A "Dislike" option, represented with the "Like" reaction rotated 180° would work for these scenarios.
These forums have held to the belief that a dislike reaction doesn't align with the positive and productive culture that we want to foster here. That’s not to say that you can’t ever dislike something or disagree with someone, but having a button for it can too quickly become a pile-on effect with no efforts to constructively communicate with each other.

For much of those same reasons, there are no reactions that lower a member’s “reaction score”. The angry and sad reactions are neutral and don’t reduce the score, but neither add to it. The “angry” face is there more for comical reasons. I mean, have you seen this guy -> :mad: He‘s so over the top, he can’t be taken seriously, haha.

I think if you dislike something you should explain why to try and have some constructive criticisms and so on. I understand adding a dislike button, and kinda surprised it wasn't already a part of it, but I can see how hitting dislike becomes to easy. People will be more tempted to disagree and then not explain why, which is important to a non-toxic community like Terraria

Back
Top Bottom