tModLoader DNI Materialization

DaiNekoIchi

Plantera
1xfFFgM.png

DNI Materialization
(Now migrated to tML for Terraria v1.4)

Download: Mod Browser | Steam Workshop | GitHub (tML Terraria 1.3 versions)
Join my Discord Server for faster feedback.

What does this mod do?

This mod is still in it's early stage, so suggestions are always welcome.​

Known issues:
  • None
Thanks and credits:
  • PADS, my personal friend, for the sprites

Last edited:
Pretty cool idea!
How are the MP values calculated, by hand or automatically? Would be neat to have mod support for it.

Pretty cool idea!
How are the MP values calculated, by hand or automatically? Would be neat to have mod support for it.
They're actually based on the monetary value since I don't really have any other reference for it. So mods are automatically supported as long as the items have buy/sell values.

@DaiNekoIchi
Nice. It would be handy if you could materialize items without a monetary value as well. You could set a minimum materialize cost (or set a fixed value for all worthless things) so you wouldn't go too crazy with it.

@DaiNekoIchi
Nice. It would be handy if you could materialize items without a monetary value as well. You could set a minimum materialize cost (or set a fixed value for all worthless things) so you wouldn't go too crazy with it.
I don't think that's ideal because there are some items that are not meant to be given infinitely or should be obtained in other ways. That would break a lot of balance for other mods (like leveling-related items and whatnot). But I'll see what I can come up with.

so it's like the transmutation table/tablet from projecte/ee2 but it has a special form of mod support and balancing?
nice!

So we must dematerialize it first to gain knowledge before materialize it?
What about "No value" items? Will those be costless materialization or become unmaterialized?

Why you keep respriting relicary ritus everywhere, also this works with other mods' items?
What are you talking about?

so it's like the transmutation table/tablet from projecte/ee2 but it has a special form of mod support and balancing?
nice!
Ah, I see you know ProjectEE. Yes it sort of a mix of this and the Transmute option from Valkyrie Profile 1.

So we must dematerialize it first to gain knowledge before materialize it?
What about "No value" items? Will those be costless materialization or become unmaterialized?
Yes, you need to dematerialize an item before you can materialize it. It's like, breaking down an item to learn it's recipe.
For the items with no value, I will not be adding them in for the sake of balance. Things like EXP orbs from other mods and stuff that shouldn't be obtained normally that are considered items would make the player easily OP.

Version 1.2 released! (and I have sneakily added 1.1 because the tML server had issues)
  • v1.2
    • Changed Materialization Staff into tiered Material Checks
      • Tiers are starting from Hallowed to Luminite
    • Adjusted Materialization and Dematerialization Rates
    • Added sound when materializing and dematerializing items
    • Changed Icon

• v1.1
    • Migrated to tModLoader v0.11.5

Awesome mod! Pretty much a guaranteed addition into any of my modded playthroughs. The only real issues I have with it is the size of the window that is opened, there being no way to search for items, and no shift click function for quick dematerializing. Other than those things, I would say that this is a pretty outstanding mod, especially for its simplicity.

Awesome mod! Pretty much a guaranteed addition into any of my modded playthroughs. The only real issues I have with it is the size of the window that is opened, there being no way to search for items, and no shift click function for quick dematerializing. Other than those things, I would say that this is a pretty outstanding mod, especially for its simplicity.
I'm actually planning to add a search function. I'm still in the process of learning, so I hope you look forward to it! :)

Warning: Do not try to summon the Dryad with this. It won't end well.
Does the game crash? Let me know what happens. And what do you mean by summon the Dryad?

Updated to Version 1.3!

• v1.3
    • UI overhaul
      • Added textbox for searching via item name
      • UI operation changed
      • Adjusted UI size and style
    • Added UI mod configs
      • Auto dematerialize
      • Materialize needs locking

Feeling a bit lazy to edit the main post for now, will probably do it tomorrow, so I'll post the UI operation change here:
  • You can right click the dematerialize slot to "toggle" it's auto state. Red means it automatically breaks items down to MP (if possible).
  • To materialize items, you need to "select" the item first, similar to the old operation, and then RIGHT click the selected item to materialize it.
These options are toggle-able via Mod Configs in the Settings menu.

EDIT: Fixed formatting errors and typos

It says something only drops from Wyverns , so i can only use this in hardmode? Why? For balancing reasons maybe? Why not be like your other mod weapon upgrade, which progresses throughout the whole game play, just think about how many points player's gonna waste before hardmode. Whatever now, i just want to test out how the mod really works, might download cheat sheet for that i guess.

So i have tested the mod, and did encounter the "update mods causes trouble" problem, and so i think maybe, is it possible to add a feature to delete item from materialization pool ? After some mods getting updated, now it's all a mess, vanilla items don't change though, and mod items all changed due to id checking. Right now it seems to be the easiest and most convenient way.

Back
Top Bottom