tModLoader DNI Equipment Upgrade

Version 1.1.1 released!

v1.1.1
  • Fixed crashes with Rarity 11 weapons (and higher), for now these will be treated as Rarity 10 weapons
  • Fixed bug where the calculation uses the weapon's rarity after being modified
the following weapons based on what i tested were the weapons that triggered the error in multiplayer the last time i used it.

https://terraria.wiki.gg/Ice_Blade

https://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Talon_Burst

One is a Blue Rarity and the Other was Rainbow just to give you more infomation.

UPDATE : I think i know what is triggering this Error...It seems to have to do with what Prefixes the Item has. For example...

Say i have a weapon like this.

https://thoriummod.gamepedia.com/Frost_Fire_Katana

in multiplayer i placed it in the slot....nothing happened and it has no modifiers on them so i decided to place a prefix on it such as "Unhappy" it CRASHED right away.

So the Reason the items are crashing in multiplayer seem to be pointing towards weapons that have a Negative Prefix on them such as Unhappy, Terrible, Broken, Sluggish or Annoying

it dont Seem to be the weapons themselves that caused the error...but the Modifier they have.
Yeah I kinda had that figured out when I realized that the internal rarity of the item gets modified. So I put in a temporary workaround. Lol
Jesus :red:ing christ. Here I am releasing my first mod all like "It has like 80 items I'm proud of myself." And then you come in with this new UI, weapon modifying mechanics, 3 new items. Welp I'll just be here in the corner crying myself to sleep.
*pats you gently*

Version 1.1.1 released!

v1.1.1
  • Fixed crashes with Rarity 11 weapons (and higher), for now these will be treated as Rarity 10 weapons
  • Fixed bug where the calculation uses the weapon's rarity after being modified

Yeah I kinda had that figured out when I realized that the internal rarity of the item gets modified. So I put in a temporary workaround. Lol

*pats you gently*

I think you forgot to remove the Debugging Text. =p

Version 1.2.0 released!

v1.2.0 - Catalysts and armors
  • Replaced Omen Nullifier with catalysts
  • Armors are now upgradeable, giving up to 40% more defense

Version 1.2.0 released!

v1.2.0 - Catalysts and armors
  • Replaced Omen Nullifier with catalysts
  • Armors are now upgradeable, giving up to 40% more defense

Were surpose to put our armor into the Crux slot to upgrade right?...im trying to put it in there and nothing is happening it wont go in D=

and 40% seems a bit much...why not 20%

Last edited:
The buffer catalyst doesn't actually prevent downgrades... It just displays the text that says it does, but it'll still downgrade.

Were surpose to put our armor into the Crux slot to upgrade right?...im trying to put it in there and nothing is happening it wont go in D=

The main problem I've seen is that 11 upgrades to get it to 40 percent means tiny boosts with each upgrade.

This is a key issue with the mod in general. Individual upgrades are pretty small.

Imo it would be better to give more significant bonuses per level.

I upgraded a piece of armor with 12 armor rating to tier 6 and it didn't change the armor value. Does it scale the same per level or What?

Version 1.2.1 released!

v1.2.1
  • Fixed bug where Buffer Catalyst does not work

Works fine for me. What armor can't you put in specifically? Can I see?
s8CiUQk.png

The buffer catalyst doesn't actually prevent downgrades... It just displays the text that says it does, but it'll still downgrade.
Fixed! Sorry about that.

The main problem I've seen is that 11 upgrades to get it to 40 percent means tiny boosts with each upgrade.

This is a key issue with the mod in general. Individual upgrades are pretty small.

Imo it would be better to give more significant bonuses per level.

I upgraded a piece of armor with 12 armor rating to tier 6 and it didn't change the armor value. Does it scale the same per level or What?
Yes it does scale the same. 4% per upgrade level for all rarities. Now that I've tried it out for a bit, I do actually feel that the upgrades are kinda insignificant. Might you have a recommendation for this? :D

Maybe something as simple as a +1 defense point per upgrade level? You'd benefit from this even early on, and it would probably be worth the effort of getting your armor set to +10 when you can afford to do so.

Version 1.2.1 released!

v1.2.1
  • Fixed bug where Buffer Catalyst does not work

Works fine for me. What armor can't you put in specifically? Can I see?
s8CiUQk.png

Fixed! Sorry about that.

Yes it does scale the same. 4% per upgrade level for all rarities. Now that I've tried it out for a bit, I do actually feel that the upgrades are kinda insignificant. Might you have a recommendation for this? :D

I think it might be a conflict on my end because i already have a "Armor Reforging" mod which kinda cancels out....hmm alwell..i can still up the weapons which for balance reasons all that matters <3

Maybe something as simple as a +1 defense point per upgrade level? You'd benefit from this even early on, and it would probably be worth the effort of getting your armor set to +10 when you can afford to do so.
I'm actually thinking of doing that with the additional 40% defense.

I think it might be a conflict on my end because i already have a "Armor Reforging" mod which kinda cancels out....hmm alwell..i can still up the weapons which for balance reasons all that matters <3
Huh, let me get this mod and I'll look at what's happening. Maybe I can fix it. :D
EDIT: Looks like it treats armors as accessories. I disabled forging accessories since it doesn't really improve anything.

i've got this crashed after update DNI

View attachment 197589
Can you delete and redownload the mod? I don't seem to have any problems on my end.
EDIT: I tried to download it from Mod Browser as well and I didn't encounter that error.

Last edited:
A simple +1 defense per level would make very early armor stupidly overpowered and late armor barely feel the effects. What if it's based on rarity? The earlier armors get smaller boosts, like .5 per level, and the rarest armors get up to 4 per level?

It could work inversely for weapons, since damage boosts are incredibly rare early on but expected later on, make it a big boost for early rarities and a smaller one for later rarities.

Version 1.2.2 released!

v1.2.2
  • Improved item detection (should work with Reforge Armors by Dark-Assassin)
  • Added additional defense (+0.5 per upgrade level)
Looks like you can use it alongside the mod you mentioned now ;)

A simple +1 defense per level would make very early armor stupidly overpowered and late armor barely feel the effects. What if it's based on rarity? The earlier armors get smaller boosts, like .5 per level, and the rarest armors get up to 4 per level?

It could work inversely for weapons, since damage boosts are incredibly rare early on but expected later on, make it a big boost for early rarities and a smaller one for later rarities.
For now I added +0.5 Defense per upgrade level regardless of rarity. And I think adding up to +4 on a late game armor has too much scaling. I mean, +40 on max level makes the upgrades way higher than the base defense (lol)

For now I added +0.5 Defense per upgrade level regardless of rarity. And I think adding up to +4 on a late game armor has too much scaling. I mean, +40 on max level makes the upgrades way higher than the base defense (lol)
You are right. I supposed you did come up with the more elegant solution: A base increase for the smaller armor with a percent increase for the bigger armors. I think weapons should behave the same too, 35% of the damage of say a gold sword is barely any difference, specially in expert mode.

Hm, thinking about it, is it possible to make a separate scaling specifically for expert mode? Maybe you can buff up items more in expert.

You are right. I supposed you did come up with the more elegant solution: A base increase for the smaller armor with a percent increase for the bigger armors. I think weapons should behave the same too, 35% of the damage of say a gold sword is barely any difference, specially in expert mode.

Hm, thinking about it, is it possible to make a separate scaling specifically for expert mode? Maybe you can buff up items more in expert.
That's... actually a GREAT idea! I'll see what I can come up with. For now I'll have to sleep since it's already 1:30AM in my country. xD

That's... actually a GREAT idea! I'll see what I can come up with. For now I'll have to sleep since it's already 1:30AM in my country. xD
Goodnight, get your rest. :D

And btw, high metal jewel is made with two "any silver" ores. I can only assume you meant one "any silver" and one "any gold"

Last edited:
Version 1.2.3 released!

v1.2.3
  • Added additional flat damage
  • Added expert scaling
  • Fixed incorrect recipe for High Metal Upgrade Jewel

Goodnight, get your rest. :D

And btw, high metal jewel is made with two "any silver" ores. I can only assume you meant one "any silver" and one "any gold"
Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed!

-----

EDIT: Version 1.2.3.1 released.

v1.2.3.1
  • Fixed weapon scaling
There was an issue with weapons being too overpowered, apparently I doubled the attack while giving it additional damage (lol)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom