• Added additional flat damage
  • Added expert scaling
  • Fixed incorrect recipe for High Metal Upgrade Jewel

Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed!

-----

EDIT: Version 1.2.3.1 released.

v1.2.3.1
  • Fixed weapon scaling
There was an issue with weapons being too overpowered, apparently I doubled the attack while giving it additional damage (lol)

ouch that flat damage like jumped my damage TOOO much...>.<

EDIT : 1.2.3.1... hmm i dont see it yet in the browser or was it not posted in yet.

Last edited:
ouch that flat damage like jumped my damage TOOO much...>.<

EDIT : 1.2.3.1... hmm i dont see it yet in the browser or was it not posted in yet.
Derp. I forgot to publish it. NOW PUBLISHED! XD

Currently the Buffer Catalyst doesn't work, my items still get downgraded while trying to upgrade them.
Please update to the latest version. As far as I've tested it myself it works after my fix. If it still doesn't work try to delete and redownload the mod. Thanks!
EDIT: The Buffer catalyst DOES still bug. Now I've fixed it.

---

Version 1.2.3.2 released!

v1.2.3.2
- Fixed Buffer Catalyst bug (again)

Last edited:
What would be really cool is if you could apply bonus stats to items through this system.

To give more meaning to the upgrade levels consider this:

For each upgrade level you gain 1 variable upgrade slot

Variable upgrades would be things like:

X% chance to deal debuff
X% life stolen per hit
X% extra defense
X% extra damage
X% extra crit chance/crit chance
X% reduced mana cost
X extra minions (something like this would need to be very strictly balanced so you couldn't end up with tons of extra minions. Maybe with 11 applications you could get 2 extra minions per armor piece, or something).

(balance for these numbers would take into consideration 11 applications of a modifier. IE: 11 applications of life stolen would result in like 5% life stolen per hit, 11 applications of damage would give like a 20% damage boost, 11 applications of debuff modifiers would result in 100% status chance on hit etc.)

etc. etc.

This would let players customize their equipment a bit more and justify lower direct boosts from each level

What would be really cool is if you could apply bonus stats to items through this system.

X% chance to deal debuff
X% life stolen per hit
X% extra defense
X% extra damage
X% reduced mana cost
X extra minions (something like this would need to be very strictly balanced so you couldn't end up with tons of extra minions. Maybe with 11 applications you could get 2 extra minions per armor piece, or something).

(balance for these numbers would take into consideration 11 applications of a modifier. IE: 11 applications of life stolen would result in like 5% life stolen per hit, 11 applications of damage would give like a 20% damage boost, 11 applications of debuff modifiers would result in 100% status chance on hit etc.)

etc. etc.

This would let players customize their equipment a bit more and justify lower direct boosts from each level

i think its good as is...the last thing i wanna see is lifesteal cause its really overpowered especially PER hit

it dont need extra damage or crit or whatever when their are already accesories that can do that and more!!

besides someone else already did something like that. such as "Even More Modifiers" mod

Last edited:

X% chance to deal debuff
X% life stolen per hit
X% extra defense
X% extra damage
X% reduced mana cost

etc. etc.

I'm just planning to make the upgrades as simple as it can be. I already made flat increases with the weapons and armor, so I think that should already be justifiable enough.

i think its good as is...the last thing i wanna see is lifesteal cause its really overpowered especially PER hit

it dont need extra damage or crit or whatever when their are already accesories that can do that and more!!

besides someone else already did something like that. such as "Even More Modifiers" mod
I was actually thinking the same thing. If the player's looking for more additional effects, I think accessories are the go-to.

I feel like the flat extra damage per upgrade at the same time as the percent-based increase could make weapons way too strong (especially early on), and I'm not sure how I feel about the expert scaling either, as someone who only every plays on expert. For me in particular, the ideal bonuses would be something like this:
  • Weapons: 5% more damage at most per upgrade, so 50% at level 10 (I feel like the 35% before the most recent update was too small of a bonus, so 40-50% could be better)
  • Armor: 0.5 flat and 4% more defense per upgrade, so 5 defense + 40% at level 10 (my previous suggestion of 1 point per level probably wasn't the best, and I like the idea of having both fixed and percentage bonuses for armors)
Just felt like giving my two cents, I've been waiting for something like this mod for a while so I'm afraid it could end up getting overpowered after too many balance changes.

Last edited:
I feel like the flat extra damage per upgrade at the same time as the percent-based increase could make weapons way too strong (especially early on), and I'm not sure how I feel about the expert scaling either, as someone who only every plays on expert. For me in particular, the ideal bonuses would be something like this:
  • Weapons: 5% more damage at most per upgrade, so 50% at level 10 (I feel like the 35% before the most recent update was too small of a bonus, so 40-50% could be better)
  • Armor: 0.5 flat and 4% more defense per upgrade, so 5 defense + 40% at level 10 (my previous suggestion of 1 point per level probably wasn't the best, and I like the idea of having both fixed and percentage bonuses for armors)
Just felt like giving my two cents, I've been waiting for something like this mod for a while so I'm afraid it could end up getting overpowered after too many balance changes.

How much is the flat bonus currently?

Taking into consideration the rarity of the jewels into account, I don't think you would stay into low rarity for too long. Unless you wanna +10 everything in every tier. Also, the flat bonus is to compensate for the low percent bonus, especially in the beginning tier where the weapons and armor get like, what, 2 more damage at +10? I can lower the flat damage bonus a bit if you still think it's overpowered. The armor bonus is actually what you currently mentioned for normal worlds. Also, I think it's fine to have separate scales for Normal and Expert worlds. I'm aiming something that would make both worlds enjoyable. After all, not everyone plays Expert worlds. (At least in my perspective) Who knows, the higher bonuses might pull them over to play Expert as well :p

How much is the flat bonus currently?
You can refer to the upgrade scaling section on the first post. :)

Taking into consideration the rarity of the jewels into account, I don't think you would stay into low rarity for too long. Unless you wanna +10 everything in every tier. Also, the flat bonus is to compensate for the low percent bonus, especially in the beginning tier where the weapons and armor get like, what, 2 more damage at +10? I can lower the flat damage bonus a bit if you still think it's overpowered. The armor bonus is actually what you currently mentioned for normal worlds. Also, I think it's fine to have separate scales for Normal and Expert worlds. I'm aiming something that would make both worlds enjoyable. After all, not everyone plays Expert worlds. (At least in my perspective) Who knows, the higher bonuses might pull them over to play Expert as well :p

I hardly noticed the Flat Damage but then again i rarely try to +10 because of how risky it is to do so and the high cost for doing so. so do i think its OP? well No..i mean i was skeptic at first but its not too bad.

How does the scaling work in expert mode? Your numbers are different so I'm wondering if I take a weapon I upgrade in a non-expert world into an expert world will the stats be different?

How does the scaling work in expert mode? Your numbers are different so I'm wondering if I take a weapon I upgrade in a non-expert world into an expert world will the stats be different?

As far as what i seen say you had like "300 Damage weapon" ...at +10 (35%) this would be 650 Damage and at (40%) this would be 700

As far as what i seen say you had like "300 Damage weapon" ...at +10 (35%) this would be 650 Damage and at (40%) this would be 700

What I am asking is, if you apply the upgrades to a weapon in a normal world then take that weapon, which already has been upgraded, into an expert world, will the effects change?

What I am asking is, if you apply the upgrades to a weapon in a normal world then take that weapon, which already has been upgraded, into an expert world, will the effects change?

10r7ekj.jpg

that's Scaling... your weapon gets weaker or stronger depending on world difficulty

Last edited:
My worries are mostly because low-damage weapons with high use speed could benefit way too much from this, the Minishark and the Bladed Glove for example. But then again you're indeed right in that there might not be much of a reason to upgrade weapons if even after spending all time and resources to get something to +10 you barely get any benefit out of it...
I guess I'll just have to try a full playthrough with this mod to see how I really feel about its balancing changes instead of just slapping it into my current playthrough.

My worries are mostly because low-damage weapons with high use speed could benefit way too much from this, the Minishark and the Bladed Glove for example. But then again you're indeed right in that there might not be much of a reason to upgrade weapons if even after spending all time and resources to get something to +10 you barely get any benefit out of it...
I guess I'll just have to try a full playthrough with this mod to see how I really feel about its balancing changes instead of just slapping it into my current playthrough.

well ill think of it like this...it will extend the life of weaker weapons if you upgrade them if for any reason you cant get a stronger weapon for the time being.

10r7ekj.jpg

that's Scaling... your weapon gets weaker or stronger depending on world difficulty

Thanks. I had no idea what you were trying to say in your initial response. Pictures make it better.
[doublepost=1523563096,1523562767][/doublepost]

If you're using a mod that does nothing but bolster the strength of vanilla content then you need to understand that vanilla content is balanced. ANY improvement on vanilla content is going to cause it to be unbalanced and possibly overpowered.

Asking that a mod remain balanced when its core functionality makes things more powerful is kind of silly.

The current numbers are just fine.

For some reason, the Reliquary Crux isn't opening the upgrade interface for me anymore. All it does is open my inventory.

Hey, just swinging around to say: Damn, I really LOVE how this turned out! Glad that I was of help! Honestly think the mod is good as-is. The values are pretty balanced over all. Can't wait to get my PC back and test this baby out. Thanks for including me on the credits, BTW!

I was inactive over the week since I had lots of work to do, but I'm glad everyone got to agree with the scaling that's happening so far.

That would be too OP xD
300 damage weapon would do 405 (+flat) damage in Normal and 420 (+flat) damage in Expert. :D

Well, after you've done a playthrough with my mod, please don't forget to give feedback! Really much appreciate it! :D

Thanks. I had no idea what you were trying to say in your initial response. Pictures make it better.
[doublepost=1523563096,1523562767][/doublepost]

If you're using a mod that does nothing but bolster the strength of vanilla content then you need to understand that vanilla content is balanced. ANY improvement on vanilla content is going to cause it to be unbalanced and possibly overpowered.

Asking that a mod remain balanced when its core functionality makes things more powerful is kind of silly.

The current numbers are just fine.
True. But at least I'm aiming it too be not too overpowering wherein you can one-shot the Moon Lord with a Copper Shortsword. xD

For some reason, the Reliquary Crux isn't opening the upgrade interface for me anymore. All it does is open my inventory.
Hm, can you try making a new character and new world with the upgrade mod (and possibly item spawning mods) only? I've tested it out on my end and it seems fine.

Hey, just swinging around to say: Damn, I really LOVE how this turned out! Glad that I was of help! Honestly think the mod is good as-is. The values are pretty balanced over all. Can't wait to get my PC back and test this baby out. Thanks for including me on the credits, BTW!
I loved your idea as well~! It's what made the mod go boom in the first place, and I can't thank you more than enough for it! XD

Back
Top Bottom