tModLoader DNI Equipment Upgrade

I was inactive over the week since I had lots of work to do, but I'm glad everyone got to agree with the scaling that's happening so far.

That would be too OP xD
300 damage weapon would do 405 (+flat) damage in Normal and 420 (+flat) damage in Expert. :D

Well, after you've done a playthrough with my mod, please don't forget to give feedback! Really much appreciate it! :D

True. But at least I'm aiming it too be not too overpowering wherein you can one-shot the Moon Lord with a Copper Shortsword. xD

Hm, can you try making a new character and new world with the upgrade mod (and possibly item spawning mods) only? I've tested it out on my end and it seems fine.

I loved your idea as well~! It's what made the mod go boom in the first place, and I can't thank you more than enough for it! XD

hmm i could of swore thats how it went...

I just upgraded a piece of armor 5 times and the base armor value (16) remained unchanged. Bug perhaps?
It was a modded armor, if that matters.

it dont change the "armor" it changes the "defence."

So it doesn't change the display on the piece of armor but on the equipment sheet it is changed?

Edit:

Thanks for the information about defense and armor. I see now that the defense is actually changed.

I really appreciate the response. I felt like I was going insane.

I just upgraded a piece of armor 5 times and the base armor value (16) remained unchanged. Bug perhaps?
It was a modded armor, if that matters.
it dont change the "armor" it changes the "defence."
So it doesn't change the display on the piece of armor but on the equipment sheet it is changed?

Edit:

Thanks for the information about defense and armor. I see now that the defense is actually changed.

I really appreciate the response. I felt like I was going insane.
yea it dont change the armor number...but it increases the defence stats as both Armor and Defence are 2 different things

Sorry for the late reply, but see the image below:
htW4E0P.png

Sadly I can't change the base defense for the armors, so I'm providing them as bonus defense instead.

I just noticed something, is the Reliquary Crux really supposed to be an item? It kind of looks like a chest so it feels like it would make more sense as a block.

I just noticed something, is the Reliquary Crux really supposed to be an item? It kind of looks like a chest so it feels like it would make more sense as a block.
Supposedly I'm gonna make it as a right-clickable block/tile entity but I was having a hard time so I made it an item for now.

Hello, i'm in in love with this mod because i never liked the Terraria enhancement via Goblin, aleatory and just spending money, so i was playing with this mod and another mod called "no item profixes" for use only DNI Upgrades (it's kinda great btw)

But i have only 1 problem... Its about the "flat dmg"

Flat dmg is good for weapons like the Sniper Rifle because it actually adds 15 more dmg (in expert) and 40% wich is lovely, not to mention the speed.

So, where's the problem? The problem is in pre-hardmode, the flat dmg makes weapons REALLY BROKEN. I mean, you have the minishark, it has 6 dmg, +40% of +10 it's like 9, plus you have 20% speed wich is awesome. BUT, if you add the 15 flat dmg you got 24 dmg in a minishark... I mean... THE MEGASHARK HAS 25 OF DMG, YOU LITERALLY DO THE SAME DMG WITH A MINISHARK LMAO. Not no mention the unreal enhancement wich adds like 3 or 4 more dmg, so yeah... 29 dmg, 20% speed... More dmg than megashark in prehardmode lol. Oh, and and catalysts are really expensive, maybe you can make them more expensive and non-consumable?

That's all, i love this mod, anyway. But if you balance that i will love this much more.

Last edited:
The problem is in pre-hardmode, the flat dmg makes weapons REALLY BROKEN.
I don't imagine it to be too broken if you're not gonna stay into pre-hardmode that long.

catalysts are really expensive, maybe you can make them more expensive
I'm sorry but can you run that by me again? Lol

and non-consumable?
The point of them being consumable is that you can literally farm them indefinitely from enemies. These are supposed to make upgrades easier but for actually a small price, especially once you're past the mech bosses.

One thing I've noticed ever since I started playing with this mod is just how often Jewels of Magnification seem to drop, which means that pretty much at any point in the game you can easily upgrade any new piece of gear you obtain to a reasonable level with no effort. So I kind of just had this idea to try balancing this part of the mod: how about making it so in order to upgrade something to the level x, you need a x/2 amount of jewels as well? For example, to upgrade a +7 wooden sword to +8, you'd need 4 Wooden Upgrade Jewels, while still keeping the same failure rate as usual (costing a total of 30 jewels to +10 something without failing). Or even a x amount of jewels if that's still not enough, bumping that cost up to 55 jewels.
With things like this, I guess people would be even more encouraged to go for catalysts and just mindlessly upgrading everything wouldn't be viable anymore, and maybe they'd need to grind for jewels sometimes if they really needed to batch upgrade stuff.

One thing I've noticed ever since I started playing with this mod is just how often Jewels of Magnification seem to drop, which means that pretty much at any point in the game you can easily upgrade any new piece of gear you obtain to a reasonable level with no effort. So I kind of just had this idea to try balancing this part of the mod: how about making it so in order to upgrade something to the level x, you need a x/2 amount of jewels as well? For example, to upgrade a +7 wooden sword to +8, you'd need 4 Wooden Upgrade Jewels, while still keeping the same failure rate as usual (costing a total of 30 jewels to +10 something without failing). Or even a x amount of jewels if that's still not enough, bumping that cost up to 55 jewels.
With things like this, I guess people would be even more encouraged to go for catalysts and just mindlessly upgrading everything wouldn't be viable anymore, and maybe they'd need to grind for jewels sometimes if they really needed to batch upgrade stuff.
Hmm... It's really that often lol. I thought if I set it to a 1-digit drop rate it would be okay. I'll consider that idea.

I don't imagine it to be too broken if you're not gonna stay into pre-hardmode that long.

I'm sorry but can you run that by me again? Lol

The point of them being consumable is that you can literally farm them indefinitely from enemies. These are supposed to make upgrades easier but for actually a small price, especially once you're past the mech bosses.

You're not going to stay much time in pre-hardmode if you kill bosses in 20 seconds dude.

Wath i'm trying to say about catalyst is basically "making them REALLY expensive, and non-consumable", sorry for bad typing.

My mod interface are not opening.
Can you be more specific? :) I can't help out if you don't describe what's happening. It also may not just be my mod but others as well.

You're not going to stay much time in pre-hardmode if you kill bosses in 20 seconds dude.

Wath i'm trying to say about catalyst is basically "making them REALLY expensive, and non-consumable", sorry for bad typing.
I mean, it might be just me but spending a 30% chance just to max those items isn't worth it in my perspective. If it's really that easy I can lower the rates more. (But I'm planning to increase the amounts of jewels used per upgrade so I might not instead.)
And as for the catalysts, if you look at the definition, it's technically a chemical agent that triggers/speeds up chemical reactions. This might be "oh no far too off from the game" but the concept I'm bringing here is that catalysts are all consumable by default, even if you look from other games. I already gave them a small chance to not be consumed. If they're not then it's probably unbalanced that everyone can just use the increase chance catalyst crazily and safely.
Of course, all of these are just my two cents.

will the system work with modifier mods and the elemental enhancements mod
It should work. Tell me if otherwise :D

Doesn't work with Battle rods mod. Fishing rods in this mode are weapons and have "fishing damage". I upgraded my rod for +3 but dmg doesn't increased

Doesn't work with Battle rods mod. Fishing rods in this mode are weapons and have "fishing damage". I upgraded my rod for +3 but dmg doesn't increased
Probably because the mod doesn't take into account the modded damage types. I'm going to assume the same will happen with Thorium's Radiant, Symphonic and Healing Damage, Expanded Sentry's Sentry damage, and Tremor Remaster's Alchemist damage.

For the record I'm still stuffing this into my super-modded playthrough, I love me some interesting looking mechanics, and weapon upgrade could help in this minor slump I'm in with Summoner. :3

Back
Top Bottom