tModLoader DNI Equipment Upgrade

Version 1.3.0.2 released (also sneaked in 1.3.0.1)!
  • v1.3.0.2
    • Changed Lumite Upgrade Jewel ingredient from Luminite Bar to Luminite Ore
  • v1.3.0.1
    • Reliquary Ritus now compatible with Power Attacks
HI Love your mod but i cant open the gui with power attacks mod installed it makes items require you to hold down to activate and its not pulling up the gui is there another way you can pull up the gui i really want your mod with power attacks maybe a hotkey?
their seems to be a problem with compatibility with "Power Attacks" mod. The Reliquary Ritus don't seem to function with the charging feature it just jitters and not work at all.
Problem should be resolved as of today's update. Let me know if there are any other problems!

Hey, may be a :red:ed question, but where do i get the reliquary ritus to upgrade eq? Tried talking to the guide be he doesnt tell me anything useful.

Hey, may be a :red:ed question, but where do i get the reliquary ritus to upgrade eq? Tried talking to the guide be he doesnt tell me anything useful.
Give him a Jewel of Magnification and he'll display all of the items you can make with it, including the Ritus.

Weird, though... You don't have any recipe browsing mod? :p

Hey, amazing mod, and I'm really enjoying it. But my inventory fills up insanely fast with energy runes and they don't stack causing problems. I'm using an energized vampire knives right now. I'm guessing they're dropping because it's +10 but it's already energized so the runes are useless. Can you put a check or something so energized items don't trigger rune drops please?

Hey, amazing mod, and I'm really enjoying it. But my inventory fills up insanely fast with energy runes and they don't stack causing problems. I'm using an energized vampire knives right now. I'm guessing they're dropping because it's +10 but it's already energized so the runes are useless. Can you put a check or something so energized items don't trigger rune drops please?

Noted. I'll try patching that today. :D

---

EDIT: Released v1.3.1!
Should be able to fix LordQuorad's issue. Also, adjusted energizing-related mechanics!
See first post :D

Last edited:
Is there some way to adjust drop rate? I'm playing with more mob spawn rate and I wonder how to adjust DNI for that

not everyone knows that mod exists hun ;3
My bad. I thought of it as an essential and assumed everyone wanted that :p

Thank you! I do not have a recipe browsing mod, playing this playthrough with just magic storage, DNI, and terraria overhaul :p
Enjoy! Lite modding is also cool because you don't get to be overwhelmed with tons of new content. :D

Is there some way to adjust drop rate? I'm playing with more mob spawn rate and I wonder how to adjust DNI for that
Unfortunately, not as of now, because I'm considering multiplayer and it would mess up if I only put in client-side configs. No worries as I'll implement it as soon as I can. :D

I dont suppose you could add a Function or item, like the Reliquary Ritus, that can be used to mod gear like helmets to have 2 mod slots or so, that can allow it to have things such as Mining Helmet light from the mining helmet and the night vision form the other helmet? Something that would allow for a small bonus ability that wouldn't be game breaking, just adds a little flexibility and retaining an ability without sacrificing too much from it? Don't have to have the defense or any bonus stats beyond there base function. Just would be nice to be able to have all my helms also have mining lamps and night vision. You could make it where the mod only works if you have the actual item, so the Mining helmet and the night vision helmet have to take up those mod slots.

Compatibility with mods that add new tiers is an issue. My brother just pointed out that some top-tier items in Calamity are assigned to the wooden upgrade crystals. In addition, there is are appropriate crystals for post-moon-lord. Luminite is the highest tier in this mod, but some mods (namely Calamity and Thorium) go far beyond. Perhaps optional 'modules' could be included in the mod's data and attached when the corresponding mod is detected?

i'm getting some reports from a Friend that the Failing Feature is not working? that their swiftly able to go all the way to +10 without any issues...i tested it myself....the failing Feature is broken. You might want to fix this.

This mod was nerfed to the ground, huh? I can't deny it was a bit OP and too easy to get anything to at least +7 but now that you nerfed both the drop rates AND increased the amount of jewels required for upgrades it created the classic "too good to use" syndrome, specially when playing with those big content mods you change equipment way too quickly to feel comfortable using those jewels.
Also, having to use 3 jewels for the first upgrade is pretty... silly, to say the least, why not just nerf the drop rate even more and reduce the base amount accordingly back to one?

I'll probably just gonna have to make Zerg potions and kill a crapton of enemies to try and get enough jewels so I can upgrade my stuff without feeling like I wasted a rare resource.

Hi all,

Apologies as I've been really busy with a lot of things IRL.
I'll get to the issues as soon I have free time.

Hoping to get it fixed by this week. I hope you understand.
Thank you very much!

Um, a bit of a ui/noise glitch with this mod. Apparently the upgrade window is invisible even when your not using it/have it open and when you wiggle your mouse around you get the button click/highlight noise when you hover your mouse over the location its at. Its... a bit annoying to be honest and it keeps making me think im accidently setting off pressure plates or switchs or something. Especially early game,as the window is apparently hidden to the middle/left area (At least to me), so it clicks constantly If i aim at anything on the left side of the screen.

So... I'm reading over this thread, focusing specifically on any mentions of multiplayer, but I'm not completely sure.

What's the multiplayer situation at the moment exactly?

I see that 1.0.1 fixed a multiplayer crash issue supposedly, but Sumenora mentioned a few weapons that still trigger problems, then 1.1.1 had other fixes, and... I don't know what else might be going on other than that.

I'm tempted by this mod 'cause it'd be nice to continue using old fun weapons rather than having them outclassed completely by other things that are more powerful, but less interesting... like playing around as a siren in the Calamity mod and continuing to using the "Atlantis" trident and "Siren's Song" harp weapons for thematic reasons. It's silly, but I like playing around with that, and maybe some ice weapons, more than having to switch up, though if I continue with no changes, I'll only be hurting myself of course for using weak weaponry.

Last edited:
Compatibility with mods that add new tiers is an issue. My brother just pointed out that some top-tier items in Calamity are assigned to the wooden upgrade crystals. In addition, there is are appropriate crystals for post-moon-lord. Luminite is the highest tier in this mod, but some mods (namely Calamity and Thorium) go far beyond. Perhaps optional 'modules' could be included in the mod's data and attached when the corresponding mod is detected?
My bad, these should have been Luminite, I've corrected them in the latest patch.

i'm getting some reports from a Friend that the Failing Feature is not working? that their swiftly able to go all the way to +10 without any issues...i tested it myself....the failing Feature is broken. You might want to fix this.
Fixed. Thanks for pointing this out!

This mod was nerfed to the ground, huh? I can't deny it was a bit OP and too easy to get anything to at least +7 but now that you nerfed both the drop rates AND increased the amount of jewels required for upgrades it created the classic "too good to use" syndrome, specially when playing with those big content mods you change equipment way too quickly to feel comfortable using those jewels.
Also, having to use 3 jewels for the first upgrade is pretty... silly, to say the least, why not just nerf the drop rate even more and reduce the base amount accordingly back to one?

I'll probably just gonna have to make Zerg potions and kill a crapton of enemies to try and get enough jewels so I can upgrade my stuff without feeling like I wasted a rare resource.
I was thinking of this recently, and now I've toned back down the requirement for this, and in exchange I've decreased the drop rate a little more. Let me know if this is better.

Um, a bit of a ui/noise glitch with this mod. Apparently the upgrade window is invisible even when your not using it/have it open and when you wiggle your mouse around you get the button click/highlight noise when you hover your mouse over the location its at. Its... a bit annoying to be honest and it keeps making me think im accidently setting off pressure plates or switchs or something. Especially early game,as the window is apparently hidden to the middle/left area (At least to me), so it clicks constantly If i aim at anything on the left side of the screen.
Good catch. Nobody ever reported this. Fixed!

So... I'm reading over this thread, focusing specifically on any mentions of multiplayer, but I'm not completely sure.

What's the multiplayer situation at the moment exactly?

I see that 1.0.1 fixed a multiplayer crash issue supposedly, but Sumenora mentioned a few weapons that still trigger problems, then 1.1.1 had other fixes, and... I don't know what else might be going on other than that.

I'm tempted by this mod 'cause it'd be nice to continue using old fun weapons rather than having them outclassed completely by other things that are more powerful, but less interesting... like playing around as a siren in the Calamity mod and continuing to using the "Atlantis" trident and "Siren's Song" harp weapons for thematic reasons. It's silly, but I like playing around with that, and maybe some ice weapons, more than having to switch up, though if I continue with no changes, I'll only be hurting myself of course for using weak weaponry.
This is completely usable with multiplayer. The early stages were the only ones having problems with multiplayer, even if ironically did this mod for my partner. xD

---

Version 1.3.2 Released!
  • v1.3.2
    • Fixed success mechanic
    • Fixed interface bug
    • Toned down jewel amount requirement & adjusted drop rate for jewel
    • Fixed custom/higher tier weapons (Calamity, etc.) requiring Wooden Upgrade Jewel (forgot to list this in the mod description)

Hello, im new to this mod, im trying to upgrade some early game weapons like Iron BroadSword, Tin Scythe(this is a mod weapon), etc. but i cant put enchant them, why?

Hello, im new to this mod, im trying to upgrade some early game weapons like Iron BroadSword, Tin Scythe(this is a mod weapon), etc. but i cant put enchant them, why?
Hi, can you be more specific? I've put up instructions on how you use the Jewels in the first post. If you haven't crafted Upgrade Jewels, then you won't be able to put them in the Jewel slot.

Hello! I came across an issue of the menu itself not responding. Whenever I try to place a piece of a equipment or jewel nothing happens. Not only that but the menu itself refuses to close unless I hit ESC.

I should also mention everything else is up-to-date (tmodloader, the game itself, etc)

Mods enabled:
- DNI
- Hero's mod (for testing this mod)

F42B8055843CC034736A39A0725E799713AAF090

Back
Top Bottom