tModLoader DNI Equipment Upgrade

Hello! I came across an issue of the menu itself not responding. Whenever I try to place a piece of a equipment or jewel nothing happens. Not only that but the menu itself refuses to close unless I hit ESC.

I should also mention everything else is up-to-date (tmodloader, the game itself, etc)

Mods enabled:
- DNI
- Hero's mod (for testing this mod)

F42B8055843CC034736A39A0725E799713AAF090

I'm not sure why it doesn't work, but, can you try re-downloading the mod?
I've tried to do the same setup as yours just (only Weapon Upgrade and HERO Mod), but I can put in the items just fine.

I'm not sure why it doesn't work, but, can you try re-downloading the mod?
I've tried to do the same setup as yours just (only Weapon Upgrade and HERO Mod), but I can put in the items just fine.

Just went ahead with your advice yet no positive results :(

Same with doing a fresh install of the game and tmodloader.

Updated to Version 1.3.2.1:
  • v1.3.2.1:
    • Fixed another interface bug

Just went ahead with your advice yet no positive results :(

Same with doing a fresh install of the game and tmodloader.
I'm still puzzled as to why it doesn't work properly. I've done the same yet I can still put in items. But I've updated the mod due to a separate bug. Can you try downloading the latest and get back to me?

Updated to Version 1.3.2.1:
  • v1.3.2.1:

I'm still puzzled as to why it doesn't work properly. I've done the same yet I can still put in items. But I've updated the mod due to a separate bug. Can you try downloading the latest and get back to me?

Well this is very odd now...

I went ahead and updated with the same result; however was able to make it respond by directly taking an item from HERO's item spawner and putting into your DNI menu. The same result happens when switching from fullscreen to windowed. :merchantwhat:

Now with it working, it is only temporary until the game is closed, so I'm not sure why this is.

FULLSCREEN (unable to place item in the menu)
878219CF52B6CDE517C9CE3298C8D66F51A1FEBD

WINDOWED (menu unstuck and responding)
AwC1rGA.png

52,000+ downloads and counting! Thank you for all the support!
:passionate:

A2LgrjM.png

DNI Equipment Upgrade
Download: In the Mod Browser

This mod will allow you to upgrade your equipment using Upgrade Jewels.

All enemies have a small chance to drop this little baby:
bHyXUxj.png

What is this you ask? It's a Jewel of Magnification, silly!
This is the thing that allows you to upgrade your weapons!
However, you can't use it like this all by itself. What you need to do is melt them down with ores (and bars later on) so that they become usable!

Once you have usable upgrade jewels, you'll need a
d1I5TG4.png
Reliquary Ritus to start upgrading your weapons. Once opened, the upgrade interface will look something like this:
JhdX3rd.png

Once you insert a weapon, the interface will tell you the minimum jewel required to be able to upgrade:
KrS9pbt.png

Once you insert a valid jewel, it should show you something like this:
vmsldAV.png

If you put in an invalid jewel, it will show you otherwise:
bwdMbzO.png

On higher levels, you will encounter lowered success rates:
oZ8k6LC.png

But worry not, as you can craft Catalysts. These babies will improve your upgrading life in their own special ways!

bHyXUxj.png
Jewel of Magnification: Can be crafted into upgrade jewels.
B9YodcT.png
YWGPOPF.png
GtMxF2j.png
VE4WeFG.png
DwgTmMH.png
oOEGOoe.png
wsyAoJx.png
IGeRak2.png
bUvPmDF.png
5WTmRbv.png
ikJBLlM.png
Upgrade Jewels
: Allows you to upgrade your weapons (duh).
Catalysts: Improves your upgrade process in their own unique way. See Catalysts section.
d1I5TG4.png
Reliquary Ritus: Opens the upgrade interface.
veKTrW7.png
Energy Runes: Pushes further the capacity of your weapons! See Energizing section.

Upgrade scales are different in Normal and Expert worlds. Refer to the table below to see what items gain at max upgrade level.
0jAT25c.png

Success Rate defaults to 100%.
When your equipment starts attempting to upgrade to +4 and higher, the success rate gets lower by 10% each time. So getting to +4 gives you a 90% chance, +5 at 80% chance, and so on.
Obviously, when you fail, your items get downgraded by 1 rank. However, when your weapon is +7 to +9, it will get downgraded by 2 ranks.

To increase the success rates, you can do the following:
1.) Use a gem as a catalysts. Gems provide a 5-10% increase. Randomly.
2.) Use higher tiered upgrade jewels. For every rank higher, you get a 5% increase.
3.) Use catalysts.

Upgrade catalysts are special items that change the way your upgrade process works.
They can either increase or decrease your success rate, with matching tradeoffs, which are pretty useful.
The best part is there is a small chance that the catalysts are not consumed after being used!

Here are the effects of each catalyst:
Do note that the italicized text is not part of the in-game description!

Ease Catalyst: Allows usage of upgrade jewel one tier lower than the original
Refuse Catalyst: Gives a chance to prevent jewel consumption
Rise Catalyst: Increases success rate by (a solid) 10%
Buffer Catalyst: Prevents downgrades upon upgrade failure
Phantom Catalyst: Decreases success rate by 15% but does not consume a jewel
Chance Catalyst: Randomizes success rate (30-85%, useful if you're willing to risk for the max upgrade)
Force Catalyst: Gives a chance to upgrade twice instead of once (no, the upgrade still won't go past +10)
Precision Catalyst: Increases success rate by 15% but lowers max success rate (65%)

Any Gem: Any gem can be used as an upgrade catalyst. These give 5-10% increase in success rate. Of course, the increase is determined once you've started upgrading. These are ALWAYS consumed upon use, unlike the other catalysts.

Energy Runes will allow you to further push the upgrades of your equipment which are already at max upgrade level, or to put it simply, energize the item.
Once an item is Energized, it's percentage bonus will gain a bonus ratio:
Normal Mode will grant a 50% bonus while Expert will grant a 75% bonus.
For you math freaks out there:
dwaP7E3.png

Energizing can cost just 1 Energy Rune, but can be used up to 50, and the following can happen (and consume the runes):
0.2%-20% chance of energizing the item
0.2%-20% chance of breaking the item
If neither of these happen the Rune does not get consumed.
Do note that catalysts do not work when energizing items!

All hostile mobs currently drop the Jewel of Magnification at a chance of 1 in 75.
However, chances are increased with the following conditions:
Map is in Expert Mode: -5
Map is in Hard Mode: -5
Killed entity is a boss: -15
So, if you're in hardmode and expert, your chances of getting a Jewel would be 1 in 50.

Energy Runes work differently. You can only obtain them when you hit a mob with a +10 weapon, with a chance of 1 in 150.

Lastly, if you're looking for recipes, you can see the Guide or your favorite recipe-browsing mod. I feel kinda lazy to keep on updating the whole thing :p
Upcoming features:
  • Catalysts (replaces the Omen Nullifier) DONE
  • Rarity based Upgrades DONE
  • Speed Upgrades DONE
  • Armor Upgrades DONE

Known issues:
  • Weapons with custom damage formula not working with the Upgrade System (Battle Rods mod, etc.)
    • Still trying to find ways around this, as sometimes this mod takes its calculations first before the others'

Changelog:
  • v1.3.2.1
  • v1.3.2
    • Fixed success mechanic
    • Fixed interface bug
    • Toned down jewel amount requirement & adjusted drop rate for jewel
    • Fixed custom/higher tier weapons (Calamity, etc.) requiring Wooden Upgrade Jewel (forgot to list this in the mod description)
  • v1.3.1
    • Adjusted energizing-related mechanics
    • Fixed Energy Rune description
  • v1.3.0.2
    • Changed Lumite Upgrade Jewel ingredient from Luminite Bar to Luminite Ore
  • v1.3.0.1
    • Reliquary Ritus now compatible with Power Attacks
  • v1.3
    • Added Energy Runes, which can upgrade equipment one more time after +10!
    • Catalysts can only break upon non-successful upgrades
    • Adjusted recipe for catalysts
    • Adjusted drop rates for jewels
    • Changed 'Reliquary Crux' to 'Reliquary Ritus'
  • v1.2.4
    • Now uses multiple jewels
  • v1.2.3.2
    • Fixed Buffer Catalyst bug (again)
  • v1.2.3.1
    • Fixed weapon scaling
  • v1.2.3
    • Added additional flat damage
    • Added expert scaling
    • Fixed incorrect recipe for High Metal Upgrade Jewel
  • v1.2.2
    • Improved item detection (should work with Reforge Armors by Dark-Assassin)
    • Added additional defense (+0.5 per upgrade level)
  • v1.2.1
    • Fixed bug where Buffer Catalyst does not work
  • v1.2.0 - Catalysts and armors
    • Replaced Omen Nullifier with catalysts
    • Armors are now upgradeable, giving up to 40% more defense
  • v1.1.2 - Oops, that was embarrassing
    • Removed debug texts
  • v1.1.1
    • Fixed crashes with Rarity 11 weapons (and higher), for now these will be treated as Rarity 10 weapons
    • Fixed bug where the calculation uses the weapon's rarity after being modified
  • v1.1.0 - Major overhaul
    • Upgrade jewels are now tiered
    • Upgrade success rate mechanic changed
    • Max upgrade weapons now deal 35% more damage instead of 100%
    • Max upgrade weapons are now 15% more faster to use
  • v1.0.1
    • Fixed multiplayer crash issue
  • v1.0
    • Initial Release
Special thanks to:
  • Dem people in tModLoader Discord server
  • SirUmnei for the rarity based upgrade and catalyst ideas
  • NKSHV for the speed upgrade idea
  • Joe Dolca for the expert scaling idea
[Reserved]

This mod is open to suggestions!
How do i work it

Well this is very odd now...

I went ahead and updated with the same result; however was able to make it respond by directly taking an item from HERO's item spawner and putting into your DNI menu. The same result happens when switching from fullscreen to windowed. :merchantwhat:

Now with it working, it is only temporary until the game is closed, so I'm not sure why this is.

FULLSCREEN (unable to place item in the menu)
878219CF52B6CDE517C9CE3298C8D66F51A1FEBD

WINDOWED (menu unstuck and responding)
I have a theory that maybe your display driver doing something to mess the display up, try putting it in specific offsets if that works. Also, try updating to your latest drivers. Other than that I'm pretty much clueless.

I fixed it , i was a bug with the more stacks mod
Ah yes, the mod is coded so that you can only put in 1-stack equipment in there. That means the hollow chakrams and throwable weapons, etc. can't get upgraded.

Hi, I have to say this mod is salient !
But can you further support the Healer Class in the Thorium mod?
Can you elaborate further? If you're talking about custom damage types, they're already supported unless they use a custom damage formula.

How do i work it
Did you even at least read the Upgrade Mechanics part? You literally quoted my first two posts and asked how to work with it. Kinda rude tbh.

Eu não sou capaz de usar o mod antes que funcionasse bem agora sempre que eu tento atualizar um item Eu tento colocá-lo na caixa e ele não vai nem ter um item ou uma armadura ou arma do jogo é apenas o upgrade mod seixo sabe porque

I have a question about energizing: It says the runes aren't consumed unless they succeed or break your item... does that mean you get infinite retries until either happens?

got 3 question :
- multiplayer compatible? i see no multi at first but then u fixed it?
- its balance? like in a playrun of thorium spirit?
-

got 3 question :
- multiplayer compatible? i see no multi at first but then u fixed it?
- its balance? like in a playrun of thorium spirit?
-
You forgot a question there.
- I played it in multiplayer with my GF, no issues that I know of.
- Depends on what you think is balanced. It doesn't make your weapons overwhelming, but you can really tell the difference between base and +5

Sorry for being gone a long time, guys. I've had a lot to handle the past few months and it was just hell.

Eu não sou capaz de usar o mod antes que funcionasse bem agora sempre que eu tento atualizar um item Eu tento colocá-lo na caixa e ele não vai nem ter um item ou uma armadura ou arma do jogo é apenas o upgrade mod seixo sabe porque
Sorry, can you please translate to English?

I'm not able to energize an item that has already made to +10 upgrade
Try removing all the mods first and check if you're able to energize an item. So far I had no problems on my end.

I have a question about energizing: It says the runes aren't consumed unless they succeed or break your item... does that mean you get infinite retries until either happens?
Yes, yes you do. :) But the downside is that the chances are so low that even spamming the "Energize" button will get you frustrated lol

Alright. Another question then: Does breaking the item make it disappear, or just set it back to +0? I wouldn't use it on any unique item if that's the case, only on ones i can recraft

Can you use modded weapons?
I am using the expanded sentrys mod By TheLoneGamer and i am doing a play through where i can only use the sentry class it adds.

Back
Top Bottom