tModLoader DNI Equipment Upgrade

Nice sucess rate lol

Attachments

• PrtScr capture_5.jpg
    PrtScr capture_5.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 352
Yep. It really does make the item disappear. :)
Wow that sucks. imo for a small buff - it's not really worth the risk of losing a weapon. Kinda high risk-low return. But eh, it's all up to you.
I guess it'd be much better to use it if it gave the weapon some special stuff if you energize at level 10, like giving a small chance to unlock upgrades up to level 100, or give weapon projectiles a special effect.
I'm suggesting all that mostly because the buff from energizing is really insignificant for a 20% chance to have your weapon deleted. I can see how it's useful when you've just received it - you'll have much easier time upgrading it, but still... If you already went so far as to upgrade to level 10 - energizing should give you some secret buffs, so instead of lose it or upgrade it it becomes upgrade it or super upgrade it (with much smaller chance). It'll instigate the players to keep trying with new weapons instead of dropping the feature as a whole.

COuld there be a way that i could upgrade infinitely on heros mod? Or bigger max upgrade for lower items? (man i just want my sky fracture to be op)

This is the part that we all discover that this has not manual download...;(
[doublepost=1563650661,1563650588][/doublepost]Maybe some day this mod will shine with it's manual download, just saying.
I say because I don't have mod browser ...
[doublepost=1563650856][/doublepost]I just want some help, if anybody with the capacity to change my situation reads this, please post the link here. I would be grateful if someone do this...

[doublepost=1563650661,1563650588][/doublepost]Maybe some day this mod will shine with it's manual download, just saying.
[doublepost=1563650856][/doublepost]I just want some help, if anybody with the capacity to change my situation reads this, please post the link here. I would be grateful if someone do this...

Help with what? Tmodloader download? If so, Just download it from the forum page and put it into the game files.

Help with what? Tmodloader download? If so, Just download it from the forum page and put it into the game files.
Pardon me sir, but I referred to the mod itself.

I already have tModloader installed, but the mod is not available here or on github

Therefore people can't download it because they can't connect the PC to internet and they use the Phone, just like me.
I believe I am clear this time.

52,000+ downloads and counting! Thank you for all the support!
:passionate:

A2LgrjM.png

DNI Equipment Upgrade
Download: In the Mod Browser

This mod will allow you to upgrade your equipment using Upgrade Jewels.

All enemies have a small chance to drop this little baby:
bHyXUxj.png

What is this you ask? It's a Jewel of Magnification, silly!
This is the thing that allows you to upgrade your weapons!
However, you can't use it like this all by itself. What you need to do is melt them down with ores (and bars later on) so that they become usable!

Once you have usable upgrade jewels, you'll need a
d1I5TG4.png
Reliquary Ritus to start upgrading your weapons. Once opened, the upgrade interface will look something like this:
JhdX3rd.png

Once you insert a weapon, the interface will tell you the minimum jewel required to be able to upgrade:
KrS9pbt.png

Once you insert a valid jewel, it should show you something like this:
vmsldAV.png

If you put in an invalid jewel, it will show you otherwise:
bwdMbzO.png

On higher levels, you will encounter lowered success rates:
oZ8k6LC.png

But worry not, as you can craft Catalysts. These babies will improve your upgrading life in their own special ways!

bHyXUxj.png
Jewel of Magnification: Can be crafted into upgrade jewels.
B9YodcT.png
YWGPOPF.png
GtMxF2j.png
VE4WeFG.png
DwgTmMH.png
oOEGOoe.png
wsyAoJx.png
IGeRak2.png
bUvPmDF.png
5WTmRbv.png
ikJBLlM.png
Upgrade Jewels
: Allows you to upgrade your weapons (duh).
Catalysts: Improves your upgrade process in their own unique way. See Catalysts section.
d1I5TG4.png
Reliquary Ritus: Opens the upgrade interface.
veKTrW7.png
Energy Runes: Pushes further the capacity of your weapons! See Energizing section.

Upgrade scales are different in Normal and Expert worlds. Refer to the table below to see what items gain at max upgrade level.
0jAT25c.png

Success Rate defaults to 100%.
When your equipment starts attempting to upgrade to +4 and higher, the success rate gets lower by 10% each time. So getting to +4 gives you a 90% chance, +5 at 80% chance, and so on.
Obviously, when you fail, your items get downgraded by 1 rank. However, when your weapon is +7 to +9, it will get downgraded by 2 ranks.

To increase the success rates, you can do the following:
1.) Use a gem as a catalysts. Gems provide a 5-10% increase. Randomly.
2.) Use higher tiered upgrade jewels. For every rank higher, you get a 5% increase.
3.) Use catalysts.

Upgrade catalysts are special items that change the way your upgrade process works.
They can either increase or decrease your success rate, with matching tradeoffs, which are pretty useful.
The best part is there is a small chance that the catalysts are not consumed after being used!

Here are the effects of each catalyst:
Do note that the italicized text is not part of the in-game description!

Ease Catalyst: Allows usage of upgrade jewel one tier lower than the original
Refuse Catalyst: Gives a chance to prevent jewel consumption
Rise Catalyst: Increases success rate by (a solid) 10%
Buffer Catalyst: Prevents downgrades upon upgrade failure
Phantom Catalyst: Decreases success rate by 15% but does not consume a jewel
Chance Catalyst: Randomizes success rate (30-85%, useful if you're willing to risk for the max upgrade)
Force Catalyst: Gives a chance to upgrade twice instead of once (no, the upgrade still won't go past +10)
Precision Catalyst: Increases success rate by 15% but lowers max success rate (65%)

Any Gem: Any gem can be used as an upgrade catalyst. These give 5-10% increase in success rate. Of course, the increase is determined once you've started upgrading. These are ALWAYS consumed upon use, unlike the other catalysts.

Energy Runes will allow you to further push the upgrades of your equipment which are already at max upgrade level, or to put it simply, energize the item.
Once an item is Energized, it's percentage bonus will gain a bonus ratio:
Normal Mode will grant a 50% bonus while Expert will grant a 75% bonus.
For you math freaks out there:
dwaP7E3.png

Energizing can cost just 1 Energy Rune, but can be used up to 50, and the following can happen (and consume the runes):
0.2%-20% chance of energizing the item
0.2%-20% chance of breaking the item
If neither of these happen the Rune does not get consumed.
Do note that catalysts do not work when energizing items!

All hostile mobs currently drop the Jewel of Magnification at a chance of 1 in 75.
However, chances are increased with the following conditions:
Map is in Expert Mode: -5
Map is in Hard Mode: -5
Killed entity is a boss: -15
So, if you're in hardmode and expert, your chances of getting a Jewel would be 1 in 50.

Energy Runes work differently. You can only obtain them when you hit a mob with a +10 weapon, with a chance of 1 in 150.

Lastly, if you're looking for recipes, you can see the Guide or your favorite recipe-browsing mod. I feel kinda lazy to keep on updating the whole thing :p
Upcoming features:
  • Catalysts (replaces the Omen Nullifier) DONE
  • Rarity based Upgrades DONE
  • Speed Upgrades DONE
  • Armor Upgrades DONE

Known issues:
  • Weapons with custom damage formula not working with the Upgrade System (Battle Rods mod, etc.)
    • Still trying to find ways around this, as sometimes this mod takes its calculations first before the others'

Changelog:
  • v1.3.2.1
    • Fixed another interface bug
  • v1.3.2
    • Fixed success mechanic
    • Fixed interface bug
    • Toned down jewel amount requirement & adjusted drop rate for jewel
    • Fixed custom/higher tier weapons (Calamity, etc.) requiring Wooden Upgrade Jewel (forgot to list this in the mod description)
  • v1.3.1
    • Adjusted energizing-related mechanics
    • Fixed Energy Rune description
  • v1.3.0.2
    • Changed Lumite Upgrade Jewel ingredient from Luminite Bar to Luminite Ore
  • v1.3.0.1
    • Reliquary Ritus now compatible with Power Attacks
  • v1.3
    • Added Energy Runes, which can upgrade equipment one more time after +10!
    • Catalysts can only break upon non-successful upgrades
    • Adjusted recipe for catalysts
    • Adjusted drop rates for jewels
    • Changed 'Reliquary Crux' to 'Reliquary Ritus'
  • v1.2.4
    • Now uses multiple jewels
  • v1.2.3.2
    • Fixed Buffer Catalyst bug (again)
  • v1.2.3.1
    • Fixed weapon scaling
  • v1.2.3
    • Added additional flat damage
    • Added expert scaling
    • Fixed incorrect recipe for High Metal Upgrade Jewel
  • v1.2.2
    • Improved item detection (should work with Reforge Armors by Dark-Assassin)
    • Added additional defense (+0.5 per upgrade level)
  • v1.2.1
    • Fixed bug where Buffer Catalyst does not work
  • v1.2.0 - Catalysts and armors
    • Replaced Omen Nullifier with catalysts
    • Armors are now upgradeable, giving up to 40% more defense
  • v1.1.2 - Oops, that was embarrassing
    • Removed debug texts
  • v1.1.1
    • Fixed crashes with Rarity 11 weapons (and higher), for now these will be treated as Rarity 10 weapons
    • Fixed bug where the calculation uses the weapon's rarity after being modified
  • v1.1.0 - Major overhaul
    • Upgrade jewels are now tiered
    • Upgrade success rate mechanic changed
    • Max upgrade weapons now deal 35% more damage instead of 100%
    • Max upgrade weapons are now 15% more faster to use
  • v1.0.1
    • Fixed multiplayer crash issue
  • v1.0
    • Initial Release
Special thanks to:
  • Dem people in tModLoader Discord server
  • SirUmnei for the rarity based upgrade and catalyst ideas
  • NKSHV for the speed upgrade idea
  • Joe Dolca for the expert scaling idea
[Reserved]

This mod is open to suggestions!
I know that I can be annoyingly repetitive, I apologize for that, for the last time: Please, could you make manual download for this mod in this thread?
I have no PC connection so I use the phone.
Please answer my beggar, I'm very hyped and I want to play it...

Well, I've been overloaded with so many real life stuff but I guess... I'm back? Lol

Nice sucess rate lol
So weird. Let me see if I can fix that.

Wow that sucks. imo for a small buff - it's not really worth the risk of losing a weapon. Kinda high risk-low return. But eh, it's all up to you.
I guess it'd be much better to use it if it gave the weapon some special stuff if you energize at level 10, like giving a small chance to unlock upgrades up to level 100, or give weapon projectiles a special effect.
I'm suggesting all that mostly because the buff from energizing is really insignificant for a 20% chance to have your weapon deleted. I can see how it's useful when you've just received it - you'll have much easier time upgrading it, but still... If you already went so far as to upgrade to level 10 - energizing should give you some secret buffs, so instead of lose it or upgrade it it becomes upgrade it or super upgrade it (with much smaller chance). It'll instigate the players to keep trying with new weapons instead of dropping the feature as a whole.
I'm actually having second thoughts if I just revert it back to +0 or something.

COuld there be a way that i could upgrade infinitely on heros mod? Or bigger max upgrade for lower items? (man i just want my sky fracture to be op)
No, I don't really do cross-mod features, but I do have a plan for raising max upgrade levels.

Hi, sorry if I haven't seen your post in a long time. I do have the GitHub link for it right here!
EDIT: I'll see if I can also add it to the main post (still lazy to do it right now though, I'm kinda sick and under bedrest)

Well, I've been overloaded with so many real life stuff but I guess... I'm back? Lol

So weird. Let me see if I can fix that.

I'm actually having second thoughts if I just revert it back to +0 or something.

No, I don't really do cross-mod features, but I do have a plan for raising max upgrade levels.

Hi, sorry if I haven't seen your post in a long time. I do have the GitHub link for it right here!
EDIT: I'll see if I can also add it to the main post (still lazy to do it right now though, I'm kinda sick and under bedrest)
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Good you just got back to life:):sigh:
[doublepost=1566408769,1566408744][/doublepost]
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
Good you just got back to life:):sigh:
Really, we needed this!!

I found a bad feature:
When I get my weapon Energized and I decide it's time for making the sword legendary, the Energized disappears somehow.
I tried this first on Tinkerer's and then on Hero's Mod's Prefix Editor and both fail.
Tell me if I am doing something wrong.

Leaving my last post aside, I have some suggestions for you:
I saw previous posts in your thread and they are very cool, specifically the gem based one. I want to expand their expressions, I'm other words upgrading and refreshing what they said. I want to leave straight and clear that without the authors of the previous posts I would never get to this conclusion.

With nothing more to add...
Hang on tight!!!

The first thing I am interested to do is an new mechanic, the Upgrade Forge or somewhat name station in addition to the already existent Relicary Ritus.
Instead of being 3 slot based, this one will allow to use 1 item (the item you want to Upg, duh), up to 3 jewels (mechanics here: the first two jewels will boost themselves at an reasonable rate of exchange, I mean, if Luminite and Lunar "downgrading" chance becomes 0 (I said downgrading like that by some reason ahead) until tier +7 is reached, but if two Luminite then the effect is different, what it causes is that negates almost all downgrading and boosts the upgrading effect by 1, it means that if successful will jump, by example, from +2 to +4. Same thing happens with similar tier jewels, not only Luminite and Lunar. And there is another jewel (called gem-jewel) placed in the middle of the previous two, whose function is diverse and I will explain later), 2 catalysts and a crystal.

The nature of such replacement is the few upgrades that a single jewel and a single catalyst can provide, and multiple jewels can give even more and various effects.
  • Statistically less jewels will be needed because success rate will increase like I said before. Remember the "downgrading" stuff? I meant increasing success rate by 20% - (5 * tier distance), if tier distance 0, then the success rate will be 99.9%, no matter maths
  • Weapons, armor and accessories will have various power depending of the cuantity of the gem-jewel power used in the upgrading, also gem-jewels cannot be used without the presence of, at least one jewel. The powers go from an ice shield to prevent death strikes, things I'm going to explain later.
  • To play fair and square, the buffer catalyst will be possibly removed, I personally don't recommend it, but in sight that two same tiered jewels can almost absolutely the downgrading effect, the buffer catalyst seems to be accessory, and rendering it almost useless
  • The two catalysts will work adding it's effects to the upgrade, and boosting the already power they own, if both the catalysts are of the same type the boosts increases a little bit. The main feature of the forge is that you can use a 25% of the power of the catalysts when using an ERune, if used both of the same type, then the power comes to normal after spending 5 of them, in other words, to make an object 50 times energized using an coating catalyst (cousin of the precision catalyst that increases by 100% the resistance to failure) you need to use 10 catalysts each time, in long term you will need 500 coating catalysts. Stuffy, doesn't?
  • The power of the gem-jewels is mega exploitable, you see. If the item rarity is blue or higher, then it will accept 1 power and it will be upgradeable the first 9 times that the same power allows. If cyan or higher, the number of powers accepted will be of 2, and they will be upgradeable the first 17 times, also they can accept focus gem-jewels, even they have an in-forge option that can set keybindings to any of the special abilities. If rarity red or higher, then will accept 3 gem-jewels, and they will be upgradeable 25 times (the total), will accept up to aural powers only, at difference of the rainbow rarity items, whose power is underestimated, that can accept all powers. If the rarity check is compromised (modded rarity...) all items whose rarity is unknown will have purple rarity
  • To comfort people thy power is based from mod weapons and armor, the rarity can be increased up to 10 times (cap rainbow (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)), also the powers of the mod accessories and some weapons and armor are supported in the forge so the powers don't overlap. In case of apparent overlapping the given power by the gem-jewel, it will boost it even more
  • If you catch an Power Rune you can add it's power to the object, specifically unlocking the "unknown power" wich is based in a probability of a known formula: there are 5 UP in each gem-jewel, each different and unique but related to the power. Then probability is divided by 20% each. Later, success rate is 20% - (1.5 * (-tier level - power level + 10))
  • The last thing I want to leave clear is that in the forge, when using runes, you can use catalysts (I already said it) and Upg Jewels of the current tier (both the same) to reduce the probability of failure. Although crystals don't. Also you can change the IU, it could be placed like this: object, the three jewels (one over the another, and the center aligned with the object slot, wich is the gem-jewel, rune slot), two catalysts (both slot located between spaces in the 1st and the 2nd, the 2nd and the 3rd) and the crystal (aligned with the object and the rune slot) in that order (left to right)
Second, the Elemental Star, the Elemental Anvilstone, The Second Ritus and the Spectre Drive. A new story...
Most of the Terraria wizards have a story with spellbooks, and wands, and orbs, and more and more things that take too much space in the inventory, part of that space could be used for carrying runes and jewels. The following item could be called like a wand pouch, a master spellbook, and a artifact sack, each separated by their own keybindings. That is called Spectre Drive, this is like an QoL item that is useful when trying to make some space in inventory. It also can carry rupees!!!
I'm sorry, jewels, runes and catalysts...

The other three items are the next level of the upgrading, clearly the best one, since you need to have killed Moon Lord and any other inferior boss in the same world (now you tell me how do you slay them all including BoC and DoW IN THE SAME WORLD). When you do such herculean labor, you will be noticed with an message that appears in the world like: ''The Stars smile at you'', or somewhat like it. Next, in deep underworld, an miraculous workstation will appear, the Elemental Anvilstone, wich looks like an iron anvil, but mining it will look like an space anvil that glimmers (please don't forget the platform effect when building the anvil, it would be so painful watch how one creates something over an ethereal anvil). In the anvilstone you can craft by alchemy the next level of the Upg crafting: Elemental Gems
  • The previous alchemy described before is very complex and deep, you see. There are just 6 elements: Earth, Fire, Water, Air, Light and Dark, with these elements, who require some ingredients for it's activation, you can change the properties of an specific number of properties of the gem-jewels, you can use all elements if you like and at max power, but fear the unbalance and the possibility of creating Nox, an camouflaged venomous agent that calls identically that your object and kills you if used
  • The alchemy process works this way: wide square IU, on centered top is the slot to place Magnific Salt, created by crushing some JoMgn in the worktable and can stack up to 9999, the cuantity will provide the level of power that is infused on the object, later there is a bit more lower and centered bar, that shows the mage's current power, wich is determinated by the presence of the Range Ring, wich is made with some wood, iron, wool and cloud blocks and thy range is determinated by the jewel you place on it, it has an unique IU for himself. Then, back to the alchemy station, in the center are 5 slots who carry the focus for the process, each of the slots with an equipped focus have below them an pair of buttons who say the strength of the element applied, in wich case won't consume the focus but will spend up to 5000 Magnificent Salt, in math speaking that would be an 500% strength.
  • The water adds knockback strength, and water particles, when used with air creates chill and atmospheric freezing (encases the target in a actually real ice prison, but is magic ice wich lets in magic but impossible to mine except with the Arcadium Decimator(damm that sh*t is strong)) if more water than air, and creates icy bolts and a freezing aura around the player if less, when used with fire creates an corrosive spray that deals damage over time with it's own debuff AND SO ON (<I'm too lazy to keep to say all the 72 combinations, make sure you do them all to keep perfect and keen>)
  • Make sure you do the file with the property of when it's placed over hellstone looks like something different than the final anvil.
  • The new Elemental Gems can't be used in the Relicary Ritus so the Second Ritus is in for it, although if you miss so much the old mechanics you can always use the Upgrade Forge with them (you run the risk of ever knowing the effects of the Second Ritus on things, and worse: the Star)
I've been speaking of the star, but never shown what it does. To be honest, I'd tell you if I knew, but the most far I can get is that is an upgraded Upgrade Forge (hahaha upgraded upgrade upgrader, so silly)
Leaving my uncommon and tasteless humor, the Star is full of functions and is a Dev reward regardless of obtaining method, Cheat Sheet and Hero's Mod users you need to get through the game to activate it. Ask @DaiNekoIchi for more info and how to get it.
  • The Star does a great job when customizing any object, regardless of enchanting. Also gives 100% probability of having a great time with hammers, lasers and more OP stuff
  • The Star also allows to change an object's name, flat damage and even has an option to increase an specific kind of damage, in other words, this allows to have a weapon that haves magic, melee, ki, ranged, throwing, mystic, and, and, and...
  • This, because of the fact that is an Dev, doesn't uses any ingredients
  • If Calamity mod equipped on your PC then I suggest equipping "lul" accessory for maximum effort (this is an cross mod item)

If this is not enough I don't know what could be, in fact in the same time I'm finishing this I realize that you can make a single Upg mod an homeless beast with unknown power.

And that's all folks, I got nothing left in my brain.
Please read this @DaiNekoIchi, I know you will like it.:D

SURPRISE~! Version 1.4 update is here!
  • v1.4 - And you thought this mod was dead?
    • Migrated to tModLoader 0.11.4
    • Added Magnification Coatings, craftable items which can increase the max upgrade cap of an item!
    • Adjusted recipes (most hardmode jewels require more Magnification Jewels and give the amount required)
    • Improved catalyst effect rates
    • Improved upgrade success rates
    • Adjusted energizing mechanics
      • Energizing is now fool-proof, it won't break items anymore!
      • Energizing now needs max stack of Energy Runes
      • Energy Runes now drop upon death (unaffected by multipliers)
    • Adjusted drop rates
      • Bosses have significantly higher drop rates, and will now more drop jewels and runes
I'll be editing the first post and it'll take quite a while so please be patient!

Leaving my last post aside, I have some suggestions for you:
I saw previous posts in your thread and they are very cool, specifically the gem based one. I want to expand their expressions, I'm other words upgrading and refreshing what they said. I want to leave straight and clear that without the authors of the previous posts I would never get to this conclusion.

With nothing more to add...
Hang on tight!!!

The first thing I am interested to do is an new mechanic, the Upgrade Forge or somewhat name station in addition to the already existent Relicary Ritus.
Instead of being 3 slot based, this one will allow to use 1 item (the item you want to Upg, duh), up to 3 jewels (mechanics here: the first two jewels will boost themselves at an reasonable rate of exchange, I mean, if Luminite and Lunar "downgrading" chance becomes 0 (I said downgrading like that by some reason ahead) until tier +7 is reached, but if two Luminite then the effect is different, what it causes is that negates almost all downgrading and boosts the upgrading effect by 1, it means that if successful will jump, by example, from +2 to +4. Same thing happens with similar tier jewels, not only Luminite and Lunar. And there is another jewel (called gem-jewel) placed in the middle of the previous two, whose function is diverse and I will explain later), 2 catalysts and a crystal.

The nature of such replacement is the few upgrades that a single jewel and a single catalyst can provide, and multiple jewels can give even more and various effects.
  • Statistically less jewels will be needed because success rate will increase like I said before. Remember the "downgrading" stuff? I meant increasing success rate by 20% - (5 * tier distance), if tier distance 0, then the success rate will be 99.9%, no matter maths
  • Weapons, armor and accessories will have various power depending of the cuantity of the gem-jewel power used in the upgrading, also gem-jewels cannot be used without the presence of, at least one jewel. The powers go from an ice shield to prevent death strikes, things I'm going to explain later.
  • To play fair and square, the buffer catalyst will be possibly removed, I personally don't recommend it, but in sight that two same tiered jewels can almost absolutely the downgrading effect, the buffer catalyst seems to be accessory, and rendering it almost useless
  • The two catalysts will work adding it's effects to the upgrade, and boosting the already power they own, if both the catalysts are of the same type the boosts increases a little bit. The main feature of the forge is that you can use a 25% of the power of the catalysts when using an ERune, if used both of the same type, then the power comes to normal after spending 5 of them, in other words, to make an object 50 times energized using an coating catalyst (cousin of the precision catalyst that increases by 100% the resistance to failure) you need to use 10 catalysts each time, in long term you will need 500 coating catalysts. Stuffy, doesn't?
  • The power of the gem-jewels is mega exploitable, you see. If the item rarity is blue or higher, then it will accept 1 power and it will be upgradeable the first 9 times that the same power allows. If cyan or higher, the number of powers accepted will be of 2, and they will be upgradeable the first 17 times, also they can accept focus gem-jewels, even they have an in-forge option that can set keybindings to any of the special abilities. If rarity red or higher, then will accept 3 gem-jewels, and they will be upgradeable 25 times (the total), will accept up to aural powers only, at difference of the rainbow rarity items, whose power is underestimated, that can accept all powers. If the rarity check is compromised (modded rarity...) all items whose rarity is unknown will have purple rarity
  • To comfort people thy power is based from mod weapons and armor, the rarity can be increased up to 10 times (cap rainbow (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT)), also the powers of the mod accessories and some weapons and armor are supported in the forge so the powers don't overlap. In case of apparent overlapping the given power by the gem-jewel, it will boost it even more
  • If you catch an Power Rune you can add it's power to the object, specifically unlocking the "unknown power" wich is based in a probability of a known formula: there are 5 UP in each gem-jewel, each different and unique but related to the power. Then probability is divided by 20% each. Later, success rate is 20% - (1.5 * (-tier level - power level + 10))
  • The last thing I want to leave clear is that in the forge, when using runes, you can use catalysts (I already said it) and Upg Jewels of the current tier (both the same) to reduce the probability of failure. Although crystals don't. Also you can change the IU, it could be placed like this: object, the three jewels (one over the another, and the center aligned with the object slot, wich is the gem-jewel, rune slot), two catalysts (both slot located between spaces in the 1st and the 2nd, the 2nd and the 3rd) and the crystal (aligned with the object and the rune slot) in that order (left to right)
Second, the Elemental Star, the Elemental Anvilstone, The Second Ritus and the Spectre Drive. A new story...
Most of the Terraria wizards have a story with spellbooks, and wands, and orbs, and more and more things that take too much space in the inventory, part of that space could be used for carrying runes and jewels. The following item could be called like a wand pouch, a master spellbook, and a artifact sack, each separated by their own keybindings. That is called Spectre Drive, this is like an QoL item that is useful when trying to make some space in inventory. It also can carry rupees!!!
I'm sorry, jewels, runes and catalysts...

The other three items are the next level of the upgrading, clearly the best one, since you need to have killed Moon Lord and any other inferior boss in the same world (now you tell me how do you slay them all including BoC and DoW IN THE SAME WORLD). When you do such herculean labor, you will be noticed with an message that appears in the world like: ''The Stars smile at you'', or somewhat like it. Next, in deep underworld, an miraculous workstation will appear, the Elemental Anvilstone, wich looks like an iron anvil, but mining it will look like an space anvil that glimmers (please don't forget the platform effect when building the anvil, it would be so painful watch how one creates something over an ethereal anvil). In the anvilstone you can craft by alchemy the next level of the Upg crafting: Elemental Gems
  • The previous alchemy described before is very complex and deep, you see. There are just 6 elements: Earth, Fire, Water, Air, Light and Dark, with these elements, who require some ingredients for it's activation, you can change the properties of an specific number of properties of the gem-jewels, you can use all elements if you like and at max power, but fear the unbalance and the possibility of creating Nox, an camouflaged venomous agent that calls identically that your object and kills you if used
  • The alchemy process works this way: wide square IU, on centered top is the slot to place Magnific Salt, created by crushing some JoMgn in the worktable and can stack up to 9999, the cuantity will provide the level of power that is infused on the object, later there is a bit more lower and centered bar, that shows the mage's current power, wich is determinated by the presence of the Range Ring, wich is made with some wood, iron, wool and cloud blocks and thy range is determinated by the jewel you place on it, it has an unique IU for himself. Then, back to the alchemy station, in the center are 5 slots who carry the focus for the process, each of the slots with an equipped focus have below them an pair of buttons who say the strength of the element applied, in wich case won't consume the focus but will spend up to 5000 Magnificent Salt, in math speaking that would be an 500% strength.
  • The water adds knockback strength, and water particles, when used with air creates chill and atmospheric freezing (encases the target in a actually real ice prison, but is magic ice wich lets in magic but impossible to mine except with the Arcadium Decimator(damm that sh*t is strong)) if more water than air, and creates icy bolts and a freezing aura around the player if less, when used with fire creates an corrosive spray that deals damage over time with it's own debuff AND SO ON (<I'm too lazy to keep to say all the 72 combinations, make sure you do them all to keep perfect and keen>)
  • Make sure you do the file with the property of when it's placed over hellstone looks like something different than the final anvil.
  • The new Elemental Gems can't be used in the Relicary Ritus so the Second Ritus is in for it, although if you miss so much the old mechanics you can always use the Upgrade Forge with them (you run the risk of ever knowing the effects of the Second Ritus on things, and worse: the Star)
I've been speaking of the star, but never shown what it does. To be honest, I'd tell you if I knew, but the most far I can get is that is an upgraded Upgrade Forge (hahaha upgraded upgrade upgrader, so silly)
Leaving my uncommon and tasteless humor, the Star is full of functions and is a Dev reward regardless of obtaining method, Cheat Sheet and Hero's Mod users you need to get through the game to activate it. Ask @DaiNekoIchi for more info and how to get it.
  • The Star does a great job when customizing any object, regardless of enchanting. Also gives 100% probability of having a great time with hammers, lasers and more OP stuff
  • The Star also allows to change an object's name, flat damage and even has an option to increase an specific kind of damage, in other words, this allows to have a weapon that haves magic, melee, ki, ranged, throwing, mystic, and, and, and...
  • This, because of the fact that is an Dev, doesn't uses any ingredients
  • If Calamity mod equipped on your PC then I suggest equipping "lul" accessory for maximum effort (this is an cross mod item)

If this is not enough I don't know what could be, in fact in the same time I'm finishing this I realize that you can make a single Upg mod an homeless beast with unknown power.

And that's all folks, I got nothing left in my brain.
Please read this @DaiNekoIchi, I know you will like it.:D
This is... a really overwhelming suggestion, and a complex one at that.
For now, I'd like the upgrade system to be something that'll be easy for people to understand and use.
I've read this after posting my update and I think I did something simpler. Well, up to you to see if the update satisfies you.

The new update conflicts with
Experience and Classes
in multiplayer and it seems to be preventing players from gaining experience from enemies

The new update conflicts with
Experience and Classes
in multiplayer and it seems to be preventing players from gaining experience from enemies
Long time no see! I tried it just now, and I tried to disable my NPC looting code and it seemed to make the ExeprienceAndClasses mod work.
I'm not sure but I think it's because of a version issue. Can you try contacting the developer of the mod to see if he can update his/her mod to tML v.0.11.4?

Long time no see! I tried it just now, and I tried to disable my NPC looting code and it seemed to make the ExeprienceAndClasses mod work.
I'm not sure but I think it's because of a version issue. Can you try contacting the developer of the mod to see if he can update his/her mod to tML v.0.11.4?

they are doing a revamp so i dont know if he/she will update it to the newest tmodloader. but if you can find a work around that would be great and yes its been a long time hun <3

Also you may want to have your older versions downloadable just in case for stuff like this cause i was forced to downgrade till this issue is resolved.

Last edited:
Version 1.4.0.1 released!
  • v1.4.0.1
    • Fixed compatibility issue with ExperienceAndClasses mod
they are doing a revamp so i dont know if he/she will update it to the newest tmodloader. but if you can find a work around that would be great and yes its been a long time hun <3

Also you may want to have your older versions downloadable just in case for stuff like this cause i was forced to downgrade till this issue is resolved.
Old versions are up on GitHub, it should be on the first post. Also, fixed the compatibility issue~! Let me know if it's working properly.

Version 1.4.0.1 released!
  • v1.4.0.1
    • Fixed compatibility issue with ExperienceAndClasses mod

Old versions are up on GitHub, it should be on the first post. Also, fixed the compatibility issue~! Let me know if it's working properly.

it seems to work now in multiplayer from this update ill let you know if any other issues come up.

Back
Top Bottom