tModLoader DNI Equipment Upgrade

That was just so weird.
Fixed the UI bugs.
EDIT: Yep. It was the way I handled the UI in the Upgrade interface, my bad!

• v1.6.0.1
    • Fixed UI bugs

it also seems the tooltips for limit break and Energized are also not there.....it seems some things are missing here

it also seems the tooltips for limit break and Energized are also not there.....it seems some things are missing here
I added in the patch notes that I added a hotkey to toggle functions and tooltips. You need to hold it (LeftAlt by default, check your controls if it doesn't work) to be able to see the Limit Break and Energized statuses. Same goes for Extensions, if they're present. :)

Getting hit sometimes makes my character freeze and unable to do anything (attack, use items, equip something else), but I also don't take damage anymore until I save and quit and log back in..
[tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.Instance(Item item)
at Terraria.Item.GetGlobalItem[T]()
at DNIWpnUpgr.Globals.DNIWpnUpgrPlayer.PreHurt(Boolean pvp, Boolean quiet, Int32& damage, Int32& hitDirection, Boolean& crit, Boolean& customDamage, Boolean& playSound, Boolean& genGore, PlayerDeathReason& damageSource) in DNIWpnUpgrPlayer.cs:line 16
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PreHurt(Player player, Boolean pvp, Boolean quiet, Int32& damage, Int32& hitDirection, Boolean& crit, Boolean& customDamage, Boolean& playSound, Boolean& genGore, PlayerDeathReason& damageSource)
at Terraria.Player.Hurt(PlayerDeathReason damageSource, Int32 Damage, Int32 hitDirection, Boolean pvp, Boolean quiet, Boolean Crit, Int32 cooldownCounter)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)
Using latest DNI Upgrade Version (1.6.0.1)

Last edited:
Version 1.6.0.2 released!
  • v1.6.0.2
    • Fixed major errors regarding dodge, survival, and immunity frame mechanics
    • Fixed unloading issues
    • Fixed armor checking

Getting hit sometimes makes my character freeze and unable to do anything (attack, use items, equip something else), but I also doesn't take damage anymore until I save and quit and log back in..
[tML]: Silently Caught Exception:
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Terraria.ModLoader.GlobalItem.Instance(Item item)
at Terraria.Item.GetGlobalItem[T]()
at DNIWpnUpgr.Globals.DNIWpnUpgrPlayer.PreHurt(Boolean pvp, Boolean quiet, Int32& damage, Int32& hitDirection, Boolean& crit, Boolean& customDamage, Boolean& playSound, Boolean& genGore, PlayerDeathReason& damageSource) in DNIWpnUpgrPlayer.cs:line 16
at Terraria.ModLoader.PlayerHooks.PreHurt(Player player, Boolean pvp, Boolean quiet, Int32& damage, Int32& hitDirection, Boolean& crit, Boolean& customDamage, Boolean& playSound, Boolean& genGore, PlayerDeathReason& damageSource)
at Terraria.Player.Hurt(PlayerDeathReason damageSource, Int32 Damage, Int32 hitDirection, Boolean pvp, Boolean quiet, Boolean Crit, Int32 cooldownCounter)
at Terraria.Player.Update(Int32 i)
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)
Using latest DNI Upgrade Version (1.6.0.1)
Thanks for reporting that! Should be fixed with the latest version.

Is this intended?
Happened after updating

Happens whenever I take damage
Sem título.png

Any chance of upgrades that change a weapons rarity to the next level up (Cyan to Red)? Perhaps usable only on weapons that have reached its maximum upgrade potential (EX Weapons), Resetting all the upgrades of that weapon but increasing the rarity level with stats boosted to be appropriate for that rarity tier.

A silly idea sure and probably not worth the time investment, But it would be satisfying to able grind your favorite weapons to luminite tier with enough dedication.

Any chance of upgrades that change a weapons rarity to the next level up (Cyan to Red)? Perhaps usable only on weapons that have reached its maximum upgrade potential (EX Weapons), Resetting all the upgrades of that weapon but increasing the rarity level with stats boosted to be appropriate for that rarity tier.

A silly idea sure and probably not worth the time investment, But it would be satisfying to able grind your favorite weapons to luminite tier with enough dedication.
I actually HAVE thought about a reset mechanic tbh. But idk on how will I implement the stat gain with the rarity after the reset. Have any ideas? Because I would love implementing this.

I actually HAVE thought about a reset mechanic tbh. But idk on how will I implement the stat gain with the rarity after the reset. Have any ideas? Because I would love implementing this.
Unfortunately i'm clueless of how to actually implement such a thing, Reforging already changing rarity might be a problem.

Unless you mean how much stats should increase per rarity upgrade? For tier 1 to 8 was thinking something along the lines of a 8% stat increase with a +3 damage addition after that, Cyan & Red (Luminite) tier multiplier should probably be much higher than that.

Using Adamantite Sword as an example,

(Light Red) (Base) = 50 base damage
(Pink) = 57 base damage
(Light Purple) = 64 base damage
(Lime) = 72 base damage
(Yellow) = 81 base damage

Last edited:
Updated to 1.6.0.4!

• v1.6.0.4
    • Added title for which interface is opened

Unfortunately i'm clueless of how to actually implement such a thing, Reforging already changing rarity might be a problem.

Unless you mean how much stats should increase per rarity upgrade? For tier 1 to 8 was thinking something along the lines of a 8% stat increase with a +3 damage addition after that, Cyan & Red (Luminite) tier multiplier should probably be much higher than that.

Using Adamantite Sword as an example,

(Light Red) (Base) = 50 base damage
(Pink) = 57 base damage
(Light Purple) = 64 base damage
(Lime) = 72 base damage
(Yellow) = 81 base damage
I'll see what I can do with changing the rarity. That's the biggest issue I got for now.

Ok so, this might be a mod conflict issue or maybe i just dont know exactly how the mod works but i have this problem where i cant do my third limit break for +25. After i get my weapon to +20 and i try to do the final break it says i need 3 coatings (im assuming it means 3 extensions?) but i only have 2 extension lines when i put my +20 weapon in the extension menu. Unless coatings are something else? The limit break section on the wiki doesnt mention anything about that.

Is the number of possible extensions tied to the weapons rarity or its just a mod conflict?

Last edited:
Ok so, this might be a mod conflict issue or maybe i just dont know exactly how the mod works but i have this problem where i cant do my third limit break for +25. After i get my weapon to +20 and i try to do the final break it says i need 3 coatings (im assuming it means 3 extensions?) but i only have 2 extension lines when i put my +20 weapon in the extension menu. Unless coatings are something else? The limit break section on the wiki doesnt mention anything about that.

Is the number of possible extensions tied to the weapons rarity or its just a mod conflict?
This is completely a text issue, it needs Jewel of Magnificence for Limit Breaking. Each time you need to limit break, it requires 1 more. So for the last limit break you'll need 3 Jewels of Magnificence. I've updated the mod to correct this, but I can't publish my mod for some reason. Will let you know once it's fixed.

EDIT: Released 1.6.0.5.
  • v1.6.0.5
    • Fixed and updated UI text

Last edited:
In the wiki, it talks about conditions that will increase drop rates of some items. Which conditions will affect the drop rates of which items? It would be nice to be able to farm stuff.

In the wiki, it talks about conditions that will increase drop rates of some items. Which conditions will affect the drop rates of which items? It would be nice to be able to farm stuff.
I've added the said conditions in the wiki. :) Basically they just drop at higher rates in Expert and in Hardmode.

In other news... Version 1.7 released!
  • v1.7 - Calamity Compatibility!
    • Added new items and recipes based on Calamity mod
    • Code cleanup and shortening
    • Added Mod Config to automatically display Upgrade/Extension info on tooltips

hi there, the equipment hammer is working when i click it on the anvil, but for upgrading weapons no matter what hotkey i assign it to i cant open the weapon modding menu. ive tried u o and '

is there a way to increase the success rate? changing the hotkey for my use item button to keep mashing to try to upgrade to +25 is tiresome and boring

Extensite-infused mobs seems to be glitchy in MP some of then even vanish and still attack the player

Back
Top Bottom