PC Do i have to rebuild my base again on v1.3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirvloyd

Cultist
So right now i am making a base that i make for my female friend on pc (v1.2.4), and i am worried that when my terraria updated, the world that i'm working on will be gone, and i have to rebuild everything again ._.
Well some say that it wont be deleted, it just wont get the update like new biome or new stuff that 1.3 offer, is it true? can i copy paste the base that i make and paste it on a new world generated by version 1.3 with TEdit?
i really need to know about this, cause i am trying to make a really huge base that i make manually as a present to my female friend (and yea i got friendzoned)

this is a few screenshot of my base that i made
11221430_1020654541287778_5991571008035126636_o.jpg
10329693_1020654531287779_484658753811186059_o.jpg

You shouldn't have to build a new base. The world should still be there, but just in case make a backup of your world. Your world won't have any new biomes in it though.

You shouldn't have to build a new base. The world should still be there, but just in case make a backup of your world. Your world won't have any new biomes in it though.
ah i see, yeah i already back up the save file, it is located on "my document->my games->terraria->world" folder right?? right??

and what if i want a new biomes and stuff? :eek: did you ever use TEdit? cause i am really avoiding that kind of software
but i just wanted to know if i could copy paste the base that i make to the new world

My main world I keep everything on is from the 1.1 days. No issues updating it thus far and I have no reason to believe 1.3 will be any different.

You can use TEdit to put the new biomes in your old world if you would like. I had to do that for the temple and the different dungeon backwalls to spawn the different enemies. Worked out just fine. Was pretty quick to use. I did backup my world just incase.

My main world I keep everything on is from the 1.1 days. No issues updating it thus far and I have no reason to believe 1.3 will be any different.

You can use TEdit to put the new biomes in your old world if you would like. I had to do that for the temple and the different dungeon backwalls to spawn the different enemies. Worked out just fine. Was pretty quick to use. I did backup my world just incase.

yeah i can use TEdit to put new biome, but can i put my base on a new world instead? :eek:

By theory,you should keep a base and area updated.
Of course,i need to burn my airship base and create new floating fortress instead.

Did a quick test with TEdit and it worked. I didn't test it on anything special, just cloned the dungeon entrance on a junk world I have and it worked fine. I'm not sure if you can cherry pick the pixels by outlining the structure as the selection box was a typical click and drag square/rectangle.

tedit copy test.png

Did a quick test with TEdit and it worked. I didn't test it on anything special, just cloned the dungeon entrance on a junk world I have and it worked fine. I'm not sure if you can cherry pick the pixels by outlining the structure as the selection box was a typical click and drag square/rectangle.

View attachment 59800
omg thank you so muchhh!! you are da best! it is gonna be easy for my base, cause it is floating base ^^

Maybe you should still wait until tedit is updated for 1.3, it might not work as well when you use an older version of tedit for a newer update but I'm not sure.

Maybe you should still wait until tedit is updated for 1.3, it might not work as well when you use an older version of tedit for a newer update but I'm not sure.

hmm you might be right, but i hope you are wrong :3 haha

Reactions: Ori
You will definitely have to wait for TEdit or a similar program to update I'm afraid, as the new worlds will contain new items and blocks that the un-updated version will have problems handling and will most likely crash (this -could- in theory corrupt both worlds, so make plenty of backups if you want to attempt this anyways). You could (although time consuming) dismantle and rebuild your base in a new world, should the updating of the editor take too long. Your world will be safe and sound though, as Terraria will rarely delete worlds on it's own regardless of reason, but backup copies is always a wise move. Hope you find a solution that works for you and your friend

Reactions: Ori
You will definitely have to wait for TEdit or a similar program to update I'm afraid, as the new worlds will contain new items and blocks that the un-updated version will have problems handling and will most likely crash (this -could- in theory corrupt both worlds, so make plenty of backups if you want to attempt this anyways). You could (although time consuming) dismantle and rebuild your base in a new world, should the updating of the editor take too long. Your world will be safe and sound though, as Terraria will rarely delete worlds on it's own regardless of reason, but backup copies is always a wise move. Hope you find a solution that works for you and your friend

yeah... well i knew that TEdit should be updated first, but atleast i know that it works, i hope it coming a day after 1.3 came out xD haha, well it wont, but i hope it coming soon

i guess i will show my friend the base at the old world then x3 just to impress her haha (i'm pathetic i know) , thanks for the information tho :D

did you not have trouble opening up the 1.3 world? my copy of tedit crashes when I open a 1.3 world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom