Do people actually use the Mana Flower?

Do you use the Mana Flower when playing a mage

• Total voters
I used the Magic Cuffs back when Spectre was the best armor, but now that my mage is wearing Nebula I go with the Mana Flower. To be honest, I don't like Magic Cuffs as a concept, since they reward you for making mistakes - which is the opposite of good game design. The only reason I used them was because, as someone else said, they synergize perfectly with that other badly designed mechanic, Spectre's lifesteal. Now that I have Nebula armor I have a need to dodge again, and if I'm dodging then the Cuffs are useless.

I'd much rather have the Mana Flower's 8% reduced magic usage, and on top of that the convenience of being able to ignore my mana bar completely is a great plus. I still kill things pretty fast regardless of Mana Sickness, and Nebula's set bonus helps offset it so I don't notice it all that much. Most of the time I'm burst firing anyway if only because most things don't live that long against a Last Prism, but I still like to be able to hold it when I have to.

I'd love to see a better mana accessory than the ones we have, though. Right now none of them really seem to cut it. One that reduces mana usage by more than 8% would be great, as would one that allows you to recover mana even while you fire.

I used to use it always, but then I moved my mana hotkey, and only used it when I was using something that chess through your mana fast.

Time to update my response since Journey's End happened since this Thread was last posted.

I still use Mana Flower when I can obtain it, but once I obtain a material needed for one of its new tinkers, I now upgrade it into that tinker. The Magnet Flower is the one I enjoy using the most of the three new Mana Flower Tinkers. (Mana Flower + Celestial Magnet). The ability to not need to press the Mana Potion Hotkey along with easily getting the mana pickups from defeated enemies makes it a lot easier to use Magic overall. It's my new favorite to go to accessory when I focus on using Magic weapons & armor for a playthrough.

Back
Top Bottom