Do people actually use the Mana Flower?

Do you use the Mana Flower when playing a mage

• Total voters
I use the mana flower. The mana sickness doesn't bother me because being able to constantly bombard things is a good tradeoff for me. Though I think the mana sickness thing is stupid and made for nerf lovers who probably don't even use mana.

It simply depends on what you are using. As the others already said last prism without mana flower is complete :red:.
If you use items that use a huge amount of mana than its time for the mana flower. Otherwise the cuffs are the best choice.

Well, most late game mobs, along with the final boss, deal such high amounts of damage, and especially to people with mage gear, which doesn't provide much defense compared to the real tanky stuff, that you wouldn't want to get hit for that extra mana that the magic cuffs provide. So I'd say in expert mode and in late hardmode, the Mana Flower is worth the sickness

Well, most late game mobs, along with the final boss, deal such high amounts of damage, and especially to people with mage gear, which doesn't provide much defense compared to the real tanky stuff, that you wouldn't want to get hit for that extra mana that the magic cuffs provide. So I'd say in expert mode and in late hardmode, the Mana Flower is worth the sickness
Not really, because you can easily hotkey your mana potions, sure you might have to spam them every now and then like if you were to be using one of the late game items and you may be wasting some potions by using them too quickly but at that point you could easily buy stacks from the wizard.

Not really, because you can easily hotkey your mana potions, sure you might have to spam them every now and then like if you were to be using one of the late game items and you may be wasting some potions by using them too quickly but at that point you could easily buy stacks from the wizard.
Okay, I see the point most people here are making. So yeah, the Mana Flower is pretty much useless... no use defending something that has almost no use.

It should probably be mentioned that Super Mana Potions restore 300 mana per use, and Greater Mana Potions only restore 200. Maximum mana with Nebula Armor and Clairvoyance is 280, so to minimise the severity of Mana Sickness, Super Mana Potions are more or less necessary. With access to a decent amount of Surface and Underground Hallow, though, this isn't an especially strenuous task.

Okay, I see the point most people here are making. So yeah, the Mana Flower is pretty much useless... no use defending something that has almost no use.

I did mention earlier in the thread that it makes coordination with the Last Prism much easier, and significantly reduces its mana cost. I don't think there are any other significant benefits, however, so that's really all the defence that can be made.

I did mention earlier in the thread that it makes coordination with the Last Prism much easier, and significantly reduces its mana cost. I don't think there are any other significant benefits, however, so that's really all the defence that can be made.

Hence why I said ''almost no use''. But nonetheless, yeah, Final Prism is the only thing that goes hand in hand with the Mana Flower.

I have a mana flower from back when I still used it. However, in 1.3 I find that its simply better to just learn to be disciplined with mana use. It definitely feels superior to use Last Prism in short bursts rather than going OOM every 10 seconds. Most importantly, though, it just seems like there are too many other important accessories that need the slots more. If I started using mana flower I'd have to give up 15% damage, wings, my OP Ankh Shield, (or 17% damage reduction in expert). All of those seem WAY more important than letting myself be lazier (and have less DPS) with mana flower.

I use it. We were talking about making a tinker for it but ran out of time. Maybe another update. :p

In that case, I might as well elaborate on why I don't use the Mana Flower.

My problem with the Mana Flower is that the other two mana-recovery accessories have fewer cons, and the Mana Flower's pros aren't usually that much better (especially given that one of them is convenience). Plus, the Mana Flower works against late game armors, while the other two work with them. The Celestial Emblem helps make up for Spectre Hood's reduced damage, and further improves Nebula Armor's damage and mana regen. The Celestial Cuffs dovetail perfectly with the Spectre Hood's healing, and work well enough with Nebula Armor. Meanwhile, the damage penalty from the Mana Flower's Mana Sickness further reduces Spectre Hood's damage, and doesn't do any favors for Nebula Armor.

Essentially, the Celestial Emblem and Celestial Cuffs make me feel like I'm being buffed. The Mana Flower makes me feel like I'm wasting an accessory slot for a slight increase in convenience at best, or actively nerfing myself at worst.

Sure the mana sickness debuff helps it now that it was added, but I always hated the mana flower because I feel like any of the bonuses to increase your mana pool or reduction in mana cost are pointless if you can spam as long as you have potions for it. I wish it was changed to something else completely.

Not really a mage, but when I do I use magic cuffs . You should never run out of mana when you use those, rendering the mana flower useless on corruption world's. On crimson, however I sometimes use it because cuffs aren't available when I have nothing else for the slot, but generally not.

I only use it when I do a mostly Mage Playthrough. Even though I am able to press "J" easily while fighting bosses, the convenience of consuming Mana Potions automatically and allowing me to dedicate 100% of my concentration to fighting the boss is worth it even if I could be using that accessory slot for an Attack/Regen/Defense boost.

Though I didn't doing a serious mage playthrough, I did play mage sometimes, but I don't even use the mana potions.(normally, I use other weapons when running out of mana or using some less mana consuming weapons like Razorblade Typhoon).
So, I don't use it at all(except when I was teating the Last Prism).

Back
Top Bottom