Do world seeds guarantee specific ores, I really need a platinum world :/

Flying Kites

Terrarian
I really messed up on a community server and trashed 200 bars of platinum after having gotten back into Terraria from over a year ago. I mixed up the shift and control functions and before I knew it, I trashed several stacks of items. XD I'd like to get back at least a fifth of that and I thought I'd spam several of the same world seeds and gut their platinum ore. I need a reliable seed to create several worlds, preferably small ones so it doesn't generate long.

Ores are randomly chosen when breaking an altar, so no seed can guarantee any specific ore.

If I remember correctly, you can smash altars and if you don't get the ore you want kill the game without saving, and then reload and smash the altars again. It's quicker than making new worlds and defeating the wall again.

I really messed up on a community server and trashed 200 bars of platinum after having gotten back into Terraria from over a year ago. I mixed up the shift and control functions and before I knew it, I trashed several stacks of items. XD I'd like to get back at least a fifth of that and I thought I'd spam several of the same world seeds and gut their platinum ore. I need a reliable seed to create several worlds, preferably small ones so it doesn't generate long.
I beleive that the worlds seed does determine the ore
Ores are randomly chosen when breaking an altar, so no seed can guarantee any specific ore.

If I remember correctly, you can smash altars and if you don't get the ore you want kill the game without saving, and then reload and smash the altars again. It's quicker than making new worlds and defeating the wall again.
He’s not talking about the hardmode ores, he was asking about pre hardmode ores, specifically platinum

Hey, I’ll PM you a world seed with platinum.

Does anyone else want a world with platinum?

Yes, I think. With The Terraria Seed Project mod you can decide which ores have to generate.

Back
Top Bottom