Do You Fight Duke Fishron in the Start of Hardmode?

FAdadada

Plantera
For a long while now, I usually get the Truffle Worm early in Hardmode and fight Duke before any Mechanical Boss.

I'd prepare by getting/preparing:
  • Potions
  • the Shield of Cthulhu and Pixie Wings
  • any Hardmode armor set (preferably Orichalcum or Spider Armor)
  • some good weapon with decent range
  • a decent Arena
Now that Mushroom Biomes are massive in 1.4, I'd easily convert one into a farm in Pre-Hardmode and use that for Truffle Worm farming.
In 1.4, Pixie Wings are good and so easy to get as well.

Once you recognize Duke's attack patterns, you learn how to dodge all of his attacks. I've observed most players have difficulty with his Third Phase, but in my opinion, it's the easiest and most predictable.

On another note, I've beat Duke the least with Melee in this fashion. Yo-yos don't really have good range. . .

Yea, it is more than possible to beat it at the start of hardmode. It actually really slow in the first phase where you can just fly up not catching you.
On the second phase, ultize your shield of cthulhu to dash out(And make good arena). Frog leg helps a ton.
On third phase, people think it's hard because they don't know what the duke is doing and thinks it's unpredictable. Nope, it always teleport behind you, and with that knowledge, it's actually really easy! I solo'd duke very easily while playing on pedguin server (It's always third phase because... idk) with a flame wing and a sandy floor.
Also if you have trouble finding truffle worms, try making multiple tunnels in the jungle and spread the mushroom (if you want to you can also make it outside of jungle, you just needs to place mud by hand.
Also that bow is op

Yea, it is more than possible to beat it at the start of hardmode. It actually really slow in the first phase where you can just fly up not catching you.
On the second phase, ultize your shield of cthulhu to dash out(And make good arena). Frog leg helps a ton.
On third phase, people think it's hard because they don't know what the duke is doing and thinks it's unpredictable. Nope, it always teleport behind you, and with that knowledge, it's actually really easy! I solo'd duke very easily while playing on pedguin server (It's always third phase because... idk) with a flame wing and a sandy floor.
Also if you have trouble finding truffle worms, try making multiple tunnels in the jungle and spread the mushroom (if you want to you can also make it outside of jungle, you just needs to place mud by hand.
Also that bow is op
during nighttime it goes into third phase. maybe it was nighttime.

That’s false, Duke Fishron has no third stage at any time in Normal Mode.

Anyway, I’ll do it sometimes. I’ll always beat some mechs first so I can get the Jetpack (great vertical speed), Hallowed Armor, and the Megashark, but it’s still pretty early.

Sometimes it just isn’t worth the effort though and I save him until post-golem.

Duke2.png
Duke1.png
Duke1.png

I don't fight him at the beginning of Hardmode, but I usually do him after the Mech bosses. From thinking about it, I might be able to defeat him even from just defeating 1 mech boss in future playthroughs. My main strategy in my Master Mode playthrough was to use the Hallowed Armor and Hallowed Repeater to defeat him Pre-Plantera. Someday I might try him after defeating Queen Slime and before the mech bosses. It makes it easier for me to defeat Plantera and the Empress of Light later along with navigating the entire Hard Mode Dungeon.

The Third stage for Duke Fishron in Expert and above I agree is the hardest part about Fishron. I bring the Shield of Cthulhu with me specifically for the 3rd stage and it helps me defeat him. There is no 3rd stage in normal mode so I don't need the Shield for that which isn't obtainable in normal mode anyway.

The new mushroom biomes in 1.4 I do feel have made it easier to farm for truffle worms as well and the greater size and life given to mushroom biomes makes it more fun to farm for truffle worms. Ontop of the Guide to Critter Companionship making it so your own attacks and minions can't kill the truffle worm.

For a long while now, I usually get the Truffle Worm early in Hardmode and fight Duke before any Mechanical Boss.

I'd prepare by getting/preparing:
  • Potions
  • the Shield of Cthulhu and Pixie Wings
  • any Hardmode armor set (preferably Orichalcum or Spider Armor)
  • some good weapon with decent range
  • a decent Arena
Now that Mushroom Biomes are massive in 1.4, I'd easily convert one into a farm in Pre-Hardmode and use that for Truffle Worm farming.
In 1.4, Pixie Wings are good and so easy to get as well.

Once you recognize Duke's attack patterns, you learn how to dodge all of his attacks. I've observed most players have difficulty with his Third Phase, but in my opinion, it's the easiest and most predictable.

On another note, I've beat Duke the least with Melee in this fashion. Yo-yos don't really have good range. . .
I don't fight him at the beginning of Hardmode, but I usually do him after the Mech bosses. From thinking about it, I might be able to defeat him even from just defeating 1 mech boss in future playthroughs. My main strategy in my Master Mode playthrough was to use the Hallowed Armor and Hallowed Repeater to defeat him Pre-Plantera. Someday I might try him after defeating Queen Slime and before the mech bosses. It makes it easier for me to defeat Plantera and the Empress of Light later along with navigating the entire Hard Mode Dungeon.

The Third stage for Duke Fishron in Expert and above I agree is the hardest part about Fishron. I bring the Shield of Cthulhu with me specifically for the 3rd stage and it helps me defeat him. There is no 3rd stage in normal mode so I don't need the Shield for that which isn't obtainable in normal mode anyway.

The new mushroom biomes in 1.4 I do feel have made it easier to farm for truffle worms as well and the greater size and life given to mushroom biomes makes it more fun to farm for truffle worms. Ontop of the Guide to Critter Companionship making it so your own attacks and minions can't kill the truffle worm.

i usually wait until after I fight the destroyer so I can get the mega shark but you can go without it but it might be a bit harder

i only beat him post mech in expert using some elaborate minecart loop with a second loop to switch to specifically for the third stage
Unfortunately this had a major flaw of needing potions and remembering to equip the appropriate accessories

Back
Top Bottom