Do you guys think that Terraria is Anime?

M.unchie

Terrarian
Personally... not a big fan of Anime. So im just wondering if you guys think that its anime. i mean, the massive swords, the oversised weapons... it just seems a bit ridiculous in anime. So when i started to notice this in Terraria... I thought it was a little bit, but not alot. but, to solve this I NEED YOUR OPINIONS!!

Thanks.

yeah well... i havnt seen any other big weapons anywhere else... but that could be because i live under a rock.

yeah well... i havnt seen any other big weapons anywhere else... but that could be because i live under a rock.
latest

but the thing is, i just saw a connection. Terraria & anime. And the reason I saw that connection is because, like i said, i haven't seen any other "big weapons" anywhere else. And these traits are pretty big to me since i love drawing and designing weapons so much, so that is why I made the connection.

Oh by the way... I would say that the gun that the heavy is carrying is roughly the size of the terra blade. and if you haven't noticed, your averagely muscled character swings the terra blade around like its made out of feathers. And you see the heavy? big man. holds the gun with difficulty. and if you look in anime...
this is what im saying. holding a massive sword with zero difficulty.

Funny, but we all know guns are an exception. Giant guns exist universally. You'd be hard pressed to find cases of oversized MELEE weapons outside of "anime".

As a real answer to the OP's question though, no. I don't think Terraria is anime. Anime is simply an art style, not a collection of specific tropes. And I imagine the decision to make the melee weapons so large was simply to make combat a little more accessible.

I mean, if you think about it, our characters are little boxes. The oversized weapons give us a reasonable way to attack a nearby enemy without having to put ourselves too close to danger.

Funny, but we all know guns are an exception. Giant guns exist universally. You'd be hard pressed to find cases of oversized MELEE weapons outside of "anime".

As a real answer to the OP's question though, no. I don't think Terraria is anime. Anime is simply an art style, not a collection of specific tropes. And I imagine the decision to make the melee weapons so large was simply to make combat a little more accessible.

I mean, if you think about it, our characters are little boxes. The oversized weapons give us a reasonable way to attack a nearby enemy without having to put ourselves too close to danger.
latest

And yes I know that show was in an anime style but the hammer itself is from the games which were not.

latest

And yes I know that show was in an anime style but the hammer itself is from the games which were not.
... you realize that game's sprites were based on the anime-style character artworks, yes? But it's a good try at reinforcing my main point, which was that oversized weapons are primarily put into video games to make melee combat less painful for the player.

The original player model was based on a Final Fantasy sprite. Final Fantasy is anime. I think we can pretty solidly assume that Terraria has actually secretly been an anime game this whole time.

Oh by the way... I would say that the gun that the heavy is carrying is roughly the size of the terra blade. and if you haven't noticed, your averagely muscled character swings the terra blade around like its made out of feathers. And you see the heavy? big man. holds the gun with difficulty. and if you look in anime...
this is what im saying. holding a massive sword with zero difficulty.
Alright, so if you look up “greatsword” you get this
7ogvQX

See,another giant sword held like it’s nothing in gaming outside terraria. See, weapons look big to give them a sense of being overpowered. It’s gaming logic, and it appears in many places. Not just terraria and anime. Though I do see your point.
75rjjN

Back
Top Bottom