Do you inventory edit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only do it on an alt character when I feel like just boss fighting, but never on my 'Adventure' character.

I inventory edit for building with rare blocks, like rainbow blocks or crimtane/demonite, or if I'm building something on a harvest world just to tamper with how it'll look in my main world. Everything else I farm, farm, farm. >.<

Only for testing purposes, like this character I started to get a feel for progression since I hadn't done it in a while, I edited in materials I'd have at the time to fight bosses to see what's the lowest pieces I could get away with and still have an easy-ish time of it, it helped come to several conclusions...biggest one is that titanium armor really is viable throughout hardmode, dat buff is just too good.
This might not be anything new to you but it was a surprise to me.

tumblr_m0hoanCtlE1rnpo0wo1_500.gif

Sssssssssssort-of?

I don't use inventory editing programs but I do have a "storage" world with copies of all the items I ever want/need.

Whenever I start a brand new character I like to at least start with Iron Armor, Iron Tools, Iron Broadsword, a grapplin' hook, magic mirror an' hermes boots. I gots "startup boxes" for both beginning and hardmode in case I ever set up a server, I can make copies for my pals.

Nope never have and never plan to its not the same if you were to cheat something in I'm a collector to cheat an item into the game would violate my whole purpose of playing Terraria...

I never have, although I may if something totally bogus happens to my stuff and I need them back. The main reason I haven't used it before is that I'm too lazy to do it.

I rarely inventory edit. I only edit to get materials for building something really big, and around the time something is big enough for me to inventory edit, I usually just use TEdit to save time. Other than building nonsensical enormous castles and pixel arts, though, I try to keep my game legit. And I never inventory edit for my main base.

I play legit but use inv. edit to add items that rng hides from me.

I added the axe because 1 in 100 is bogus for a boss.
I added truffles after finding my first few legit.
I added reindeer mount after beating frost moon.
Added slime staff to my beginner character because rng =lol.
and finally added paladin hammer after farming for 3 hours I said ':red: it'.

I use it for building, and I typically have a really OP messaround character that I goof around with in singleplayer. All of my playthroughs are legit, though.

I used to do it for testing purposes but an update ago I stopped bothering to test things and got rid of the editor.

I don't keep anything I obtain like this.

i dont invedit, i did however build a micro-map on TEdit to build my own "warehouse" and i stock it with materials that i've gathered from different worlds myself for portability purposes between worlds and a large project as well as to give items to one character from another. i see no point in Invediting.

Yes, I don't have the patience to sit through actually making a character. :/

That, and the fact that it has ruined any economy there was so there really is no point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom