Game Mechanics Doctor Mode - A mode that is more difficult than Master Mode.

Hey people, I did a new update to the thread. I put some things about the Destroyer and corrected some organization in lists to make it more comfortable to read.
Stay tunned for the next update and take a look at this one!
Comment if you have any ideas!! See you all!! :D

Loving to check in and see the updates you add. One Idea I think could be cool is adding a unique drop for completing Mecha Mayhem, once you are finished with the normal mech boss drops of course. This would add a unique way to progress either post planterra or post golem. You could also make it so that post golem every event (that isn’t post golem power level already, like pumpkin moon, old ones army, martian invasion, and winter moon) is upgraded in difficulty, and than add a unique drop to each event. These are just fun ideas but I’d like to hear your input on this.

Loving to check in and see the updates you add. One Idea I think could be cool is adding a unique drop for completing Mecha Mayhem, once you are finished with the normal mech boss drops of course. This would add a unique way to progress either post planterra or post golem. You could also make it so that post golem every event (that isn’t post golem power level already, like pumpkin moon, old ones army, martian invasion, and winter moon) is upgraded in difficulty, and than add a unique drop to each event. These are just fun ideas but I’d like to hear your input on this.
Nice ideas! I was thinking about a Helicopter mount from frost Moon (like the ElfCopter) and other things. I have some surprises to show.

Heyyy pleople! I'm super hyped! I put about the Twins now! I would love to know your opinion about it! And the next Boss will be that one in my profile pic! (lol)
If you have ideas to put in my suggestion put them here! :D
See y'all!

• The player will start without its axe. That is what you just read: NO AXE, because who needs to start the game cutting down all the trees? Now, to make this mode harder, you will need to start mining to make your first axe, that will probably be made of Tin. To make the player able to find wood without hitting a tree, the player will have a chance to find it in any regular chest in the world (because wood is in the first axe recipes);
  • Bombs found in pots can destroy trees.
  • Underground cabins contain wood which can be harvested with a pickaxe.
  • The Merchant sells the Copper Axe. Salvage furniture from underground cabins or craft it from glowing mushrooms or bamboo to build a house for him.
If you can find an anvil: (The can be found in underground cabins, or crafted at a glowing mushroom/bamboo table from iron/lead found in chests or ores forged in a Hellforge)
  • The Sawtooth Shark can be fished out of the ocean with a reinforced fishing pole.
  • You can use a bucket to dump a little lava on the base of a tree to destroy it.
  • Crimtane and Demonite axes are crafted without wood. If you kill the Eye of Cthulhu, you will get the ores you need. Find a furnace in an underground cabin or hell.
Edit: of course cabins are made of wood 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
how about instead of calling it doctor mode you could call it worthy mode, and it would inherit all the reasonable boss changes in for the worthy, with none of the gen changes

For The Worthy’s changes are also largely unfair and unbalanced. I mean, Queen Bee always being enraged, Wall of Flesh having over 30,000 HP, Skeletron Prime breaking tiles, a bunch of bull:red: and unbalanced changes that simply aren’t enjoyable.
I don't completely agree with this. There are a few changes to the World & Player Character's abilities to off-set the brutal spike in difficulty (you aren't completely powerless). For example, crafting buffs can largely be ignored in this Mode, whereas it's a bit more essential in something like Expert or Master Mode difficulties. You can obtain explosives almost immediately upon arrival.

Speaking of access to explosives, the player "technically" has access to Landmines pre-Plantera as well, in the form of Bunnies. Digging is much faster & your immediate access to Obsidian is drastically increased (& we all know how busted Obsidian is in 1.4). If you're mentally prepared for it, there's quite a bit of progression skips to be found in a ForTheWorthy Seed. Admittedly, it's not for everyone, but it doesn't completely drown the Player in bulls**t either; you can even choose the difficulty of your ForTheWorthy Seed, just like any other Map.

I wouldn't necessarily call it "fair", but there are gamers that like "I Wanna Be The Guy" so... it all depends on taste really. 😏 🤷‍♂️

Bombs found in pots can destroy trees.
Yeah, that's true. My idea was to make the player not be able to immediatly start cutting trees at the very spawn moment.
Underground cabins contain wood platforms. 6 Wood platforms can be crafted into 3 wood which is enough for an axe. You can make a crafting table from glowing mushrooms or bamboo, find one in a cabin, or collect 20 additional platforms and craft a wood crafting table.
Actually, Underground cabins ARE made of wood and you can not only take their platforms but also the wood blocks witch they are made of. I could make it difficult making all of the "wood-like" cabins be made of another different material for avoiding such thing. Like making them be made of some brick.
About the other part of mushrooms and bamboo, yeah, you can really do this, but think that the enemies are really hard to beat and that going to the underground at the start of the game without any resources and no better weapons or armor is actually a suicide. You wouldn't do it, would you?
The Merchant sells the Copper Axe. Salvage furniture from underground cabins or craft it from glowing mushrooms or bamboo to build a house for him.
Yeah, but you will need to have a certain amount of money, plus an unoccupied house, witch I don't know what material you will use to make it if you don't have wood. (dirt and stone are not considered good for a house)
And again, bamboo and mushrooms ARE HARD to obtain in Doctor mode (remembering that enemies have the same stats as in Master mode).
If you can find an anvil:
Wich I don't know how you would obtain.
The Sawtooth Shark can be fished out of the ocean with a reinforced fishing pole.
First you will need to obtain wood and iron/lead bars. I also don't know how you will obtain that if not following my suggested way of doing it.
And you would need to have a good bait, plus a lot of patience and luck. (not a good option)
You can use a bucket to dump a little lava on the base of a tree to destroy it.
How would you get that bucket if not using iron/lead bars at an anvil??
Another thing: wouldn't the lava swallow and melt the wood dropped?
Crimtane and Demonite axes are crafted without wood. If you kill the Eye of Cthulhu, you will get the ores you need. Find a furnace in an underground cabin or hell.
Um, yes, of course. Yes, you will get the ores. WHAT? Furnace at a cabin? Impossible! There aren't any furnaces that can be found at Underground cabins! But you could get the Hellforge if you are really hard to kill and have some luck.

Go ahead and explore whatever you want! But there will be no axe at the start of the game at this mode! 🤭

Just remembering that we're all on the same side, I don't want this discussion to become a fight, okay? Everything in peace and tranquility. 🕊️

Last edited:
Yeah, that's true. My idea was to make the player not be able to immediatly start cutting trees at the very spawn moment.

Actually, Underground cabins ARE made of wood and you can not only take their platforms but also the wood blocks witch they are made of. I could make it difficult making all of the "wood-like" cabins be made of another different material for avoiding such thing. Like making them be made of some brick.
About the other part of mushrooms and bamboo, yeah, you can really do this, but think that the enemies are really hard to beat and that going to the underground at the start of the game without any resources and no better weapons or armor is actually a suicide. You wouldn't do it, would you?

Yeah, but you will need to have a certain amount of money, plus an unoccupied house, witch I don't know what material you will use to make it if you don't have wood. (dirt and stone are not considered good for a house)
And again, bamboo and mushrooms ARE HARD to obtain in Doctor mode (remembering that enemies have the same stats as in Master mode).

Witch I don't know how you would obtain.

First you will need to obtain wood and iron/lead bars. I also don't know how you will obtain that if not following my suggested way of doing it.
And you would need to have a good bait, plus a lot of patience and luck. (not a good option)

How would you get that bucket if not using iron/lead bars at an anvil??
Another thing: wouldn't the lava swallow and melt the wood dropped?

Um, yes, of course. Yes, you will get the ores. WHAT? Furnace at a cabin? Impossible! There aren't any furnaces that can be found at Underground cabins! but you could get the Hellforge if you are really hard to kill and have some luck.

Go ahead and explore whatever you want! But there will be no axe at the start of the game at this mode! 🤭

Just remembering that we're all on the same side, I don't want this discussion to become a fight, okay? Everything in peace and tranquility. 🕊️
Anvils can be found in underground cabins btw

how about instead of calling it doctor mode you could call it worthy mode, and it would inherit all the reasonable boss changes in for the worthy, with none of the gen changes
No no no no no no. No. Doctor Mode is meant to have this name because it WILL have things related to DOCTOR WHO.
Although there's still no content talking about the topic, I will put that later in other updates.

Back
Top Bottom