PC Does altering the Dungeon entrance affect Cultists?

I'm a Raptor

Plantera
Title.
I want to know because I enjoy prettying up my world, and would like to set about making the Cultists spawn area more symmetrical and generally better looking.

The cultist spawn method checks for the dungeon spawn point, and if it's covered/hovering in the air then the cultists will not spawn. It honestly depends on how you alter the dungeon entrance, some methods might work and some won't.

if you mess with the top of the dungeon it stops them from spawning usually, not all the time but most of the time, at least as far as I can tell.

Me and a friend altered our dungeon entrance, by removing the top ~ 50 layers of bricks from the dungeon to build a house.
This caused the bug to show in our world, and the cultists would not spawn. We even tried to re-build the entrance after reading about the bug, but it didnt help. After trying several suggested fixes on the forums, we ended up making a new world and used a couple of hours to move our stuff there. This world we left the dungeon untouched, and the cultists spawned just fine.

So yes, modifying the dungeon entrance is a bad thing :p

Building on top of the Dungeon entrance, or adding wiring to the blocks does not affect the Cultists spawning
Cultists below Dungeon Outpost.png

Most of the problems seem to stem from when bricks are removed. can't speak for altering the pillar area or floor on the pillar area, but if you want to build anything above the dungeon or wire the bricks, it should be safe.

So as long as they've got the original roof over their heads and the original blocks to stand on it's fine?

Do the backwalls matter? Because that's what bugs me the most. I'm a stickler for symmetry.

The cultist spawn method checks for the dungeon spawn point, and if it's covered/hovering in the air then the cultists will not spawn. It honestly depends on how you alter the dungeon entrance, some methods might work and some won't.
I've broken the blocks under the blocks that they spawn on, just so I know areas I'm able to possibly modify.

Really all I want to do is alter the background walls and adjust a few blocks near the tablet to give it a refined look.

I am utterly confused because I have NOT altered the dungeon AT ALL and twice the cultists spawned fine but both times I died and now they wont respawn. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!! Help PLEASE

I am utterly confused because I have NOT altered the dungeon AT ALL and twice the cultists spawned fine but both times I died and now they wont respawn. AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!! Help PLEASE

The Cultists take a day or 2 to respawn if you fail to defeat the Lunatic Cultist. I think defeating Golem again can also make them reappear quicker, or make them respawn again if they aren't.

Thanks because I killed Golem 24 times 24!!!!!! And they still wouldn't respawn so I thought somthing was wrong Thanks again

Title.
I want to know because I enjoy prettying up my world, and would like to set about making the Cultists spawn area more symmetrical and generally better looking.
Yes! Me too, I am at the point where I'd like to summon the lunar event, but am wondering why they won't spawn. I too out maybe 30 blocks of the roof, is that making it so they aren't spawning ? Help!

I've messed with T-EDIT before, and the game has two classifications of dungeon bricks:
Dungeon bricks
Player-placed Dungeon bricks

Therefore, placing anything yourself in-game is likely something you shouldn't do. T-edit may allow you to edit this area, but that's a tad cheaty. However Joe price has messed this place up to make a fully-AFK Lunar Event farm, you should get him involved in this.

You can customize the dungeon in some ways to make it look fancier and/or cooler, but the game always checks for a certain set of tiles in a certain location, you can increase or decrease this location, but not by much. If there is not a valid location the game could detect, the game will not spawn the ancient cultists, for example, if you dug down at the entrance of the dungeon where the cultists would spawn, and don't have another platform for them, they won't be able to spawn.
(Edit: Yes I'm late I'm sorry)

Back
Top Bottom