Does anyone else think a magic mirror/cellphone hotkey is something that could be super useful

ZetaDaemon

Terrarian
After playing modded for so long with a hotkey for my magic mirror now in 1.4 i really miss having the hotkey. I dont think it could be in any way gamebreaking but it'd be a really nice QOL thing. i also dont like having it in my hotbar as i always find i end up accidentally switching to it and using when i dont want to

You aren't the only one, this indeed would be very useful. I usually don't like to leave my magic mirror on my hot bar, but having to fetch it in my inventory when I'm in an intense boss fight or about to die when mining is rather annoying. When I do have the mirror in my hot bar I tend to leave it towards 5-7 range so as I'm scrolling I don't accidentally use it, but it has happened to me still occasionally.

The only issue with a hotkey is that it would honestly be easier to accidentally hit this. I'm not opposed to having this implemented and an option to have. In other words, unbind it if need be.

You aren't the only one, this indeed would be very useful. I usually don't like to leave my magic mirror on my hot bar, but having to fetch it in my inventory when I'm in an intense boss fight or about to die when mining is rather annoying. When I do have the mirror in my hot bar I tend to leave it towards 5-7 range so as I'm scrolling I don't accidentally use it, but it has happened to me still occasionally.

The only issue with a hotkey is that it would honestly be easier to accidentally hit this. I'm not opposed to having this implemented and an option to have. In other words, unbind it if need be.
Yeah agree, but another issue is Other platforms, console has limited amount of bindings, and mobile has limited amount of space...
what if switching to a magic mirror instantly used it then swapped back to whatever you were just at, similar to how they worked in 1.2 mobile.
That also needs to include potions, I miss that if I’m trying to do a challenge using only the old controls.

Yeah agree, but another issue is Other platforms, console has limited amount of bindings, and mobile has limited amount of space...
This is true, my post was biased towards PC Terraria because I've never played the game on any other platform. This is a very difficult thing to "fix."

That also needs to include potions, I miss that if I’m trying to do a challenge using only the old controls.
You're right. Just one idea, mobile can fit just one small button, pc is fine, but console is the problem. It would just need to be a basic keybind that you can set, like mabye right/left stick down, or one of the arrows.

Back
Top Bottom