Does anyone have a list of every farming technique and how to do them?

redxlaser15

Terrarian
I typically don't do a whole lot of mob farming, but I am still curious about what can be done. Sometimes, I don't farm just because I'm not a big fan of what you need to do, not because I don't feel like doing that sort of thing. Some farms I actually really like, but most of this just stems from curiosity.

I'd also want to do a series on my channel that is all about setting up these farms. So actually knowing how to do them would be very useful. They'll also be in their own dedicated playlist so that you don't need to go searching around the place. Having a place to go where you can find every farming technique available and in video format would probably be an amazing resource. I'll also give you guys credit for showing me, it's only fair. (Not trying to plug here, it's just that it's relevant.)

Even if you don't have a large list, even if you only know one, I'd still appreciate plopping it down in here. Every little bit helps.
Also, make sure to check if someone has already posted a particular farming tactic to avoid clutter.

You can make a "lava box above" farm arena
In a completely flat space, decide your place to sit. The two blocks below you are changed to platforms, but don't lower yet and just above your head is solid blocks for the box, make a sideways line 6wide (3 left from middle and 3 right from middle), then make a 4th block on each side going up to close the box like a square. The INside of the box is 6wide 5tall, completely closed in a square except in the top, where the middle 4 blocks are open (so you can jump outside but not if you hug the wall), then dump 1 bucket of lava inside. Then use solid blocks to make downward steps from the top of the box back to the flat parts of the floor on both sides, looking like a pyramid.
Now stand on the closest FLAT part of the floor of whichever side you prefer, switch the 2 flat blocks below you for platforms, go down and dig the minimum amount you need to make a straight tunnel to go back up the space under the lava box from under the 2 platforms. Place a water candle somewhere, fill the empty spaces as you want. You can sit here below the lava and automatically collect loot from every enemy that walks because they'll walk into the lava box.

But the finishing touch is that inside the tunnel, you switch the floor for a line of platforms, then you dig down the entire width of the tunnel 19 blocks down and fill that with water until the platform line. So now you sit just below the lava WHILE fishing in a full-size lake. It's an AFK farm and a safe fishing spot in the exact same place, two for one. You can even set this up in multiple biomes.
Inside you can even use palmwood platforms and wall, put some palmwood tables/chairs and put some glass walls to pretend it's like a fishing resort.

1. Most common used is the volcano trap. Just slopes running upwards into a pit of lava above you. Stay underneath the lava and you can get tons of loot in moments.
Pros - Easy and simple. All that you need is a bucket of lava, a handful of blocks and a hammer.
Cons - Enemies that pass through walls ignore lava, killing you if you aren't paying attention. Other enemies like the flying dutchman, won't go in it. Also teleporting enemies and mimics. Mimics though can be dealt with using dart traps and a repeated clock.
2. Just use teleported with pressure plate sending enemies to lava or a pit of traps.
Pros - Deals with ground enemies.
Cons - ONLY ground enemies, air aren't affected, chance of getting out, expensive.
3. The pit. Make a floating box out of jungle blocks of lizhard bricks (endgame). Make a giant pit below and to both the sides and a lap prevent job spawns anywhere but the sides. Fill the thing with Lava and spikey ball traps. Also put super dart traps on the side for flying enemies.
Pros - Deals with enemies fast and efficiently. It also deals with all enemies except teleporting. Also takes time and effort blocking mob spawns.
Cons - Heckishly expensive. Bosses like Mothron or plantera just ignore everything but the traps.
Always use a water candle and jungle blocks, they buff spawn rates. Maybe use a battle potion.

Thanks for the additions so far, although I'm a bit confused about the instructions by Empty Air Sandwich.
I don't know what Sandwich means either, but I think he's referring to a combo fishing/mob farming trap, with a volcano trap on top and a safe fishing spot underneath where you can collect drops.

Back
Top Bottom