Does changing canvas size will affect the texture pack??

Cryptic.

Official Terrarian
I was making texture pack but the pixel of the armor is too short so i change the size of it and this what it look like in game the head and chest wont load is there a way to fix it?
1609780970847.png

Last edited:
Sprites in texture packs must be the same as their original size, or they cannot be automatically loaded by Texture Packs in game. You'll have to manually replace the .xnb files if using different canvas size.

Sprites in texture packs must be the same as their original size, or they cannot be automatically loaded by Texture Packs in game. You'll have to manually replace the .xnb files if using different canvas size.
How? pls answer me.

Last edited:
So the game uses .xnb files to find textures. All of the textures are stored here (in the steam version):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Content
What you would have to do is make your textures into .xnb files, probably using something like TConvert.
When you have the files you then need to go into where all the games recourses are (Location in spoiler) and replace the original files. If you do this make sure to make a backup of the games textures, because instead of making a texture pack you are changing the "base" texture.

Sorry if this explanation is a bit wonky, feel free to ask for clarification.

late but for further explanation:
1.4 and onwards, the canvas of your textures must match the same exact sizes of the vanilla sprites, otherwise it wont work. as others have posted, for different sizes, you must replace the vanilla xnb files for custom sizes.
it's not sure why this came to be, especially since 1.3+'s experimental feature with its textures didnt have this restriction in place. maybe to fix sprite anim bugs when re-logic was updating to 1.4? it's quite frustrating, especially to those with older packs wanting to update to the newer ones.

Back
Top Bottom