PC Does the Terraria cloud have versioning?

fpf

Terrarian
Apparently there was some instability with the cloud today, and with that I turned my world off-cloud.

With this action, when I entered the world, I came across an old version of it. So I switched to on-cloud and I believe it overwrote what was in the cloud.

Are there any versioning of worlds in the cloud? Or, can I access these files from the cloud directly, for example, through a browser?

[Google translator]

Alternatively you could use dropbox with a symlink for your saves. Dropbox will keep file versions for 30 days I believe.

Thanks for the answer. I will do that for the next, but I want to restore a world that I already lost, since this world is marked as on-cloud, so it is in the Terraria cloud.

Thanks for the answer. I will do that for the next, but I want to restore a world that I already lost, since this world is marked as on-cloud, so it is in the Terraria cloud.
No versioning, only the most recent version and a backup of that version. I did the same thing and later when I looked in the steam cloud there was only the one version. So should have done that before we copied to our system and back ..... I created a new world because my map no longer matched the actual world anymore..... wasn’t very happy

Reactions: fpf
Another issue is it is Steam cloud, not terraria/Re-logic ... so nothing they can do :/

But does this button refer to Steam Cloud?

1590342904920.png

I see that Steam Cloud and Terraria Cloud are different things.
Steam Cloud stores "everything" from the game, while Terraria Cloud stores only what you select by clicking on the image button above.

But does this button refer to Steam Cloud?

View attachment 273627

I see that Steam Cloud and Terraria Cloud are different things.
Steam Cloud stores "everything" from the game, while Terraria Cloud stores only what you select by clicking on the image button above.
They are stored in the same spot, within terraria you just get the option of what you want to keep on the cloud rather than everything automatically.

Reactions: fpf
I had to do a test to see this for myself.

Really, you are right! Thank you.

Then my world is gone .. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom