Don't Starve General Discussion

Techno Mancer

Brain of Cthulhu
So, I haven't seen any Dont Starve threads here, and I'll be the one to make it. This will just be a place to converse about Dont Starve in general. I don't know how to start, so I guess I'll just say that once I survived until day 102.

I think I might start playing Don't Starve again. It's one of those games you have to play singularly, for an extended period of time. I just started playing Terraria again so it might be awhile.

It's great, but I'm kind of bored as I really want to do multiplayer, but I don't want to play £18 for something I'll get for free.

Last edited:
True. I play mostly on my Ps4. I got it for free one month with my plus account. Multiplayer for it shouldn't be too far off. It didn't take long at all for Reign of Giants to release.

One thing I love about it that everyone does, and has to do a lot, is chop wood. I have died in the summer, after surviving over a hundred days, from a forest that I was harvesting at dusk. Forest bursts into flames and me with it. I was so sure you could be around anything flammable, as long as it was dusk. I was wrong.

Yeah, I once died in summer due to fire on day 100 something. The orange tint in the dusk air disguesed the fire hounds color so the fire hounds burst my camp into flames when I killed them with me in it. I survived the fire, but since all of the stuff I had was burned to the ground and I was overheating with no means of cooling myself, I killed myself via frog at a nearby lake. Death by frog...

Last edited:
Yeah, I once died in summer due to fire on day 100 something. The orange tint in the dusk air disguesed the fire hounds color so the fire hounds burst my camp into flames when I killed them with me in it. I survived the fire, but since all of the stuff I had was burned to the ground and I was overheating with no means of cooling myself, I killed myself via frog at a nearby lake. Death by frog... :sigh:
Yeah, I have burned down my whole operation before. I learned to make a second base for summer use real quick after that. The funniest way I died was running through a Beeffalo herd during mating season. Those sexually frustrated animals murdered me.

Yeah, I have burned down my whole operation before. I learned to make a second base for summer use real quick after that. The funniest way I died was running through a Beeffalo herd during mating season. Those sexually frustrated animals murdered me.
Nice one XD I always get a beefalo hat before Winter so I can be warm and safe to harvest shiz from the testosterone filled mammals.

Nice one XD I always get a beefalo hat before Winter so I can be warm and safe to harvest shiz from the testosterone filled mammals.
Yeah, I never even thought to make one. I usually save all my fur for the winter vest. And shag carpeting! I always start in fall so the walking cane is never far off. What about you?

Yeah, I never even thought to make one. I usually save all my fur for the winter vest. And shag carpeting! I always start in fall so the walking cane is never far off. What about you?
I learned to gather tons of wool for the vest and hat beforehand so I can be very prepared. I also kill some of the beefalos while gathering as well for the food and horns. Although, I never actually make flooring. I usually find the wood floors around pig kings and touchstones and remember "oh yeah, those are things that exist" and use a pitchfork to grab the ones naturally generated. (Btw I use large worlds)

Yeah, just kidding about the carpeting. I always play on large worlds. More the better. I have never been past level 3 of the underground though. Surviving underground is way different than the surface. I always wanted to find the ruins but never made it.

If I were on a small world, the amount of area in the underground that I currently have would only be half! But since I'm on a large world , the area I've covered is minuscule. I hate caves, the first time I went down there on day 73 in some world, I got killed by a depth worm trying to pick the glow berry. I'm scared of the underground now...

But so easy to set on fire. Too bad they are usually surrounded by trees. I have the worst luck with hounds. They always show up when I am already on the brink of death. And the fire hounds setting my camp on fire when they die. Damn hounds.

Guys! Don't starve together is on sale! Go to the steam page, and scroll down to the frontier pack. You get two copies, plus a copy of don't starve, for £4!

Back
Top Bottom