Doors being broken by mobs

ps3wolvrine14

Dungeon Spirit
I haven't directly seen a mob do it, but i have been playing on the new bday seed, i had a goblin invasion spawn and midway through i saw that some doors were missing from their frames. Not opened, the door was destroyed. I did not break the doors, i know i didn't. I wasn't near them. And i just got back on the find 1 of them was gone again. This only happened during that invasion. (Only had 1 bloodmoon and i was underground for most of it, so no connection there. The doors are only blocked on 1 side each, so they do open.

The base is still unfinished, but these doors have been there for a while. (Made the room an npc housing spot before mining out below it)

Attachments

• 16214998016812556258807930775571.jpg
    16214998016812556258807930775571.jpg
    867.2 KB · Views: 87
Ah yeah, one of the goblin units during the invasion is the only one of the entire game capable of breaking doors rather than opening them.

I would agree it's an odd one out compared with all other enemies that opens them instead.

Ah yeah, one of the goblin units during the invasion is the only one of the entire game capable of breaking doors rather than opening them.

I would agree it's an odd one out compared with all other enemies that opens them instead.
I have never had them break doors before.

They only have their chance if the door is not opened before. And I think it's been only more likely to appear since door's automatically closes when you pass by.
Forced open doors don't shut behind the player, only the auto open for player auto closes. Your town npcs however are more likely to cause a open door than hostile mobs. (Hostile mob gets let in by the npc opening the door, the mob blocks the door so it doesn't shut, likely letting more in.

Back
Top Bottom