DoTA 2

Step 1: Are you playing Dota to have fun?

If so, good. Build Dagon while playing the Oracle and generally wreck :red:.

If not, get the hell out of here.

Who plays DoTA for any other reason than for fun?

Let alone, any other game?

Consider posting that in the /r/nyxnyxnyx subreddit. :p On the serious note, though, I don't see why we can't allow doto art here.

Who plays DoTA for any other reason than for fun?

Let alone, any other game?

Eh, I love Dota and all, but sometimes it gets more frustrating than fun, especially when you're on a really big lose streak (My biggest lose streak is 9.)

Competitive players. They're in for the money, and seeing how they act during a match they are definitely not having fun.

Hah! You can say that again.

Hell, I don't always have fun myself. Permit me to go slightly off topic, but when my friends finally convinced me to give League of Bellends a try, first time I played I went into a normal game, and bizarrely - I actually did well enough. I was like, 10/6 or something.

So then I thought I could pull that same trick with DotA 2. Picked Bounty Hunter and went top (solo top, I have a horrible feeling... I think my partner DC'd) and, and... oh God! The memories still haunt me today. Standing around while getting owned by Enigma's eidolons. Not knowing why I'd been killed while invisible for the nth time (dust of appearance). Picking a fight with Axe when he was on 5% (after I threw my shuriken) and me on 90% - and losing. And a finish at 2/9.

It was dozens and dozens (I think about 80) bot games before I dared to poke my head over the parapet again. I emerged with Broodmother as my main, but quickly discovered that she is not a good choice in 90% of games. DotA 2 makes my computer go a bit loopy, so I don't play much any more... but I play as Razor if the team needs a carry, otherwise, Lion or Pugna. I think these 3 characters cover most bases, and I enjoy them. But in these fancy new patches? Well, none of the 3 of them have even been touched!

Competitive players. They're in for the money, and seeing how they act during a match they are definitely not having fun.
If they didn't have fun playing, they'd be doing something else for money. Of you could become an instant millionaire just by playing a game you love, wouldn't you step it up too?

If they didn't have fun playing, they'd be doing something else for money. Of you could become an instant millionaire just by playing a game you love, wouldn't you step it up too?

I like gaming. Logical conclusion would be that I would love doing it for a living. I don't need to try it to know that I won't.

You don't need to love the current job you have if you need the money...

Guys... I'm screwed... :eek:

Riki is coming for you.png

*Cracks knuckles*
This might not be for everyone, but I'm a fan of this specific Youtuber and don't watch similar content from others.
And I find this to be full of the best stuff ever.

Like I said, not for everyone,but I feel everyone who plays Dota 2 could find something to enjoy here.

And is there a social forum for this game?

I used to play Dota 2. I stopped playing because I didn't have any friends to group up and play with. I don't like playing with randoms most of the time. There are some exceptions to this rule, but Dota 2 isn't one of them.

*Cracks knuckles*
This might not be for everyone, but I'm a fan of this specific Youtuber and don't watch similar content from others.
And I find this to be full of the best stuff ever.

Like I said, not for everyone,but I feel everyone who plays Dota 2 could find something to enjoy here.

And is there a social forum for this game?
Chaos Dunk is da best! :D

Bumping this thread because SOURCE 2, MOTHER:red:ERS.

CUSTOM GAMES, NEW UI, IT'S ALL HERE.

Also, Troll Tribes remake hype!

And Overthrow is awesome. Shame you can't build a Dagon.

Trying to find out where the hell they put all the scripts for add-ons. Custom heroes incoming, everyone.

And Overthrow is awesome. Shame you can't build a Dagon.

Trying to find out where the hell they put all the scripts for add-ons. Custom heroes incoming, everyone.
Good thing Dagon is not available, you want Overthrow to turn into another game of ARDM? (All Random Dagon Match) Because I don't, its a horrible item.

As for D2Reborn, the connection sucks, and thats my only complaint so far.
It's just awesome!

Back
Top Bottom