PC Double Image on Windows 10, Surface Pro 4

csgosmorf

Terrarian
For my friend, Terraria will act completely as expected for a while, then suddenly and without obvious cause, a double-image appears. What I mean is that there is the dynamic image of the game as expected, but also a somewhat transparent static image of the game from a certain point in time, blended with the current game image. The transparency of this "ghost" image varies. It can be really bad, or not very bad at all. The somewhat-transparent static image will stay on the screen even after alt-tabbing out of Terraria. It stays until the laptop is restarted. This effect has not been observed with any program except Terraria, including a number of other games (e.g. Subnautica), so I think it is reasonable to assume the problem is with Terraria. It has only been observed in windowed mode so far, because she has not tried full-screen mode, but I can give an update on whether or not full-screen mode fixes it if no one knows whats going on. That static image is not just some of the game (i.e. just light sources or something). It appears to be the entire frame buffer for some specific frame.

There is only ever one problematic static semi-transparent image at a given time, never multiple, although from what my friend has said, "it can get worse," so either it becomes more opaque or it is swapped with a more opaque, and different static image during game-play.

My friend has sent video of this effect to me so I have seen it first-hand.

She has only played Terraria a few hours so far, with no mods or anything other than the basic game. This has been a problem since the first time she played (after a couple hours of play). She has never played single-player, so obviously this problem has only occurred in multi-player when I was hosting.

She has never overclocked CPU or GPU (I don't think there is a dedicated GPU anyways).

Here is her System page.
System.png

Here is her device manager page.
device_manager1.jpg

device_manager2.jpg

device_manager3.jpg

device_manager4.jpg

device_manager5.jpg

device_manager6.jpg

device_manager7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom