Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
This bug has been around for quite some time, and is still present today. I can't be the only one getting this.

But sometimes two different music themes will play, clicking outside the game window or turning down music to 0% causes the second music theme to continue playing, the second music theme does not loop and will eventually stop playing after it has fully played.

It seems to occur most often when quickly transitioning through different biomes, such as using magic mirror/recall potions frequently or using fast mounts/minecarts through multiple biomes.

It doesn't consistently happen, it's rather random when it does occur, but I've had this happen since the 1.2 days.

This is a known issue that's unfortunately still hanging around. Some changes were made to try and fix this in 1.4, but the changes didn't work or there are other methods to trigger the bug. It's being looked into, but the random nature of it no doubt makes it difficult for the developers to track down and fix.

I realized this double music bug now in 1.4, when an old bug that I already know since 1.3 happened, the bug that I already know happens sometimes when I leave the game in fullscreen to use the browser for something, when I go back to the game the map doesn’t load and everything is black on the map, including the areas I’ve been through, solving using the "save and quit" option, maybe I’ve only noticed the double music now in 1.4 because I’m only using headphones to play the game now(so the sound is heard in more detail like this here, the second song is at a lower volume), this bug that I already know does not happen if I use the game in "compatibility mode" in "windows xp service pack 3", or at least it is more rare to happen with this mode.

Terraria Version: 1.4.0.5
Controls Used: Keyboard/Mouse

EDITED:
Maybe it's just a mere coincidence, now the bug I already know happened without the double music.

Last edited:
I am going to state this, I've noticed the double music bug occuring the most often when teleporting.(I.E. using magic mirror, recall potions, pylons or teleporters.).

Thought I would mention that in hopes it may be more easilly replicated.

Back
Top Bottom