tModLoader Double Player Example

Hey, me and my friend play a lot with this mod, it's cool.
But we were thinking of some little thing that, even little, could help A LOT. So here my list : )

First : Light and dye - When in the dark / night, it's almost impossible to see the drone, tough making I'm lighting at night / darker place may be a good idea, and if possible, add the possibility to add dye : )

Secondly : Item / Object - Me and my friend were thinking of it, what if the drone can grab object that goes directly to the player inventory (or a inventory specially for the drone). This would be soooooo helpful, but, thinking of it a little too much op. So this come to our third idea.

Thirdly : Upgrade - Maybe you can add a sort of mechanic so we can upgrade the drone, so thing like above may be not that op, because you need to deserve it.

So here it is ! Also, don't take this too far, if you don't want to do EVERYTHING, you don't have too, but if you think (and want) to, for exemple, do the second, you can, I'm only giving idea : )
Have a nice day !
Hi. Those are some good ideas there. However, this was never meant to be a serious mod, just a 'What if?'. I released the source for it and several other people are making their own mods based on this. Hopefully one of those will be something more to your liking. :)

Having said that, It's a good idea to make it more visible in the dark. I think I'll make that red strip glow in the dark.

Hi. Those are some good ideas there. However, this was never meant to be a serious mod, just a 'What if?'. I released the source for it and several other people are making their own mods based on this. Hopefully one of those will be something more to your liking. :)

Having said that, It's a good idea to make it more visible in the dark. I think I'll make that red strip glow in the dark.
Alright, I clearly understand that. Like I said, it's you're mod, so you have the right to do whatever you want with it, only giving idea.
Tough, thanks for the fast response (Even after 2 days, it's still quick).

Have a nice day, me, I need to be fast, I will miss my bus -_-

Are there any examples of mods that use this as a base?

Can there be upgrades to the DP-Unit?

One where it can be upgraded in 3 categories:
"Unity" - The DP-Unit summons smaller units that either circle around the unit as added firepower or the main player as an constant Thorns/Life Regen and pressing X to switch between the two. Boosts in the "Unity" section add more DPS/Thorns Percentage/Life Regen
"Focus Fire" - The bombs used by the DP-Unit fires out flames before exploding, allowing added damage and light when not using Mining Hats, Light Pets, or Shine Potions. Boosts in the "Focus Fire" section add more DPS and Range
"PMaPU" The DP-Unit, when in Autopilot Mode (which should come default when a Xbox Controller is not installed) will double as an Portable Medical and Potion Unit, or PMaPU, when not in combat. Depending on the boosts given and the mods that also use potions or medical items (mods with the "Healer" or "Alchemist" can make hard-to-get items to be made easily while using this), they're be "Enhanced" (10%), "Charged" (20%), or "Overloaded" (30%), boosting their effects.
Example: 30 Gold + 5 Souls of Fright + "Charged Unity CPU" = "Overloaded Unity CPU" / 15 Iron + Heart Crystal + 20 Wire + 5 Bottles = "PMaPU CPU"

You can make more npc warriors ,So we'll hire them to come with me and be able to equip them.
Sorry my english is bad

"Unity" - The DP-Unit summons smaller units that either circle around the unit as added firepower or the main player as an constant Thorns/Life Regen and pressing X to switch between the two. Boosts in the "Unity" section add more DPS/Thorns Percentage/Life Regen
"Focus Fire" - The bombs used by the DP-Unit fires out flames before exploding, allowing added damage and light when not using Mining Hats, Light Pets, or Shine Potions. Boosts in the "Focus Fire" section add more DPS and Range
"PMaPU" The DP-Unit, when in Autopilot Mode (which should come default when a Xbox Controller is not installed) will double as an Portable Medical and Potion Unit, or PMaPU, when not in combat. Depending on the boosts given and the mods that also use potions or medical items (mods with the "Healer" or "Alchemist" can make hard-to-get items to be made easily while using this), they're be "Enhanced" (10%), "Charged" (20%), or "Overloaded" (30%), boosting their effects.
Example: 30 Gold + 5 Souls of Fright + "Charged Unity CPU" = "Overloaded Unity CPU" / 15 Iron + Heart Crystal + 20 Wire + 5 Bottles = "PMaPU CPU"

vvv I'll just refer you back to my earlier post. vvv

GOD, YOU HAD THE SAME IDEA THAT ME, you just made it WAAAAYY more explanatory.

GOD, YOU HAD THE SAME IDEA THAT ME, you just made it WAAAAYY more explanatory.

Buddy, if you can remake the DP-Unit with this alongside separate "CPU" slots meant for all 3 types and also added the whole "Auto-Pilot as default", then I'll love you forever.

And onto that note, I thought of "Complete" Upgrades to all 3 CPUs, and can only be gotten in Expert Hardmode.

The Twins now drops: Lens of Cthulhu - "Something dropped from the Twins. Looks like something is missing..."

Plantera will have the missing component: Flammable Vines - "Vines that look like they could light up at any moment."

"Fireball Focus Attack CPU" = "Overcharged Focus CPU" - "Lens of Cthulhu" - "Flammable Vines"
(Bombs are now surrounded by an large ring of fire (think an Inferno Potion) before exploding. Combining with the "Genesis Unity CPU" will allow you to throw bombs via double-clicking the RMB.)

___

The Destroyer now drops: Busted Computer Chip - "An damaged computer chip that fits in the Unity CPU. Looks like something can repair it."

Duke Fishton will have the missing component: The Duke's Lung - "An lung that allows the Duke to breathe air."

"Genesis Unity CPU" = "Overcharged Unity CPU" - "Busted Computer Chip" - "The Duke's Lung"
(Allows the player to Mount the DP-Unit, allowing flight and assisted firepower when using Ranged or Summon Damage via "Marking" it's targets. Unity effects meant for the Player are doubled. Combination with the "Life Saver PMaPU CPU" will allow massively increased Life and Mana Regen)

___

Skeletron Prime now drops: Hollowed Marrow - "An Marrow from Skeletron Prime. Some Adjustments can be made to it."

The Golem will have the missing component: Heartrate Sensor - "An mechanical device that serves as the Golem's brain"

"Life Saver PMaPU CPU" = "Overcharged PMaPU CPU" - "Hollow Marrow" - "Heartrate Sensor"
(The bombs are now replaced with healing charges, causing damaging explosives that heal the player. Combining with the "Fireball Focus Attack CPU" will instead fire massive rings of flames that heal the player.)

Whenever my friend joins with my xbox controller, he controls me. Not the drone.
As I mentioned in the Original Post, I haven't worked out how to prevent Terraria from receiving controller input as player input. I made it so that you can connect and use a second controller to play as the drone.

If you only have one controller, use this solution I Mentioned earlier. Go here to get a program that can create a virtual controller and set it to port 1. Then plug in your controller and it should work as port 2.

Does this mod not work in multiplayer? I try to setup with a friend and the mod automatically disables itself. any help is appreciated :3

Does this mod not work in multiplayer? I try to setup with a friend and the mod automatically disables itself. any help is appreciated :3
Thanks, and sorry about that. I made a mistake when I added the glow texture for the drone. I noticed it wasn't loading on a server a while ago, but never got around to finding out why. I just needed someone to poke me. ;)

I've fixed it and uploaded the new version. Hope it's a properly fixed, now.

Now that I've updated my other two mods, I'll soon get around to this one. I'm glad that you like it. :)
That mean you are continuing development ?
THAT AWESOME, that means I'll be more than likely to bring more idea.
I'm using this mod ALOT with one of my friend and we are having WAY much more fun than without this mod.
Very cool that this mod help us have a good relationship :3.
Hope to see more continuation from this !

@Dusk Holloway, I've updated this, it now works in tModLoader 0.10.0.1.

That mean you are continuing development ?
THAT AWESOME, that means I'll be more than likely to bring more idea.
I'm using this mod ALOT with one of my friend and we are having WAY much more fun than without this mod.
Very cool that this mod help us have a good relationship :3.
Hope to see more continuation from this !
Actually, I only meant I'd get it working again. I was hoping that someone would take this idea and run with it, but nobody has. Though, I'm glad you are having a fun time with your friend. :)

Hi.

I remember you're old post saying that you would not continue to upgrade this mod, but seing how much time passes since the time we were having this conversation, did you change you're mind / what are you thinking right now ?

Would be awesome if you could continue this mod with some of the idea proposed a little higher from this post ▲.
Have a nice day ;)
- Xiarno

Back
Top Bottom