Map-Adventure Down the Well

On a scale of 1 to 5, how difficult was the map?

• Total voters
I GET IT NOW!
the rod of discord is HOW you get there! it all makes sense! my life is complete!
[doublepost=1474754963,1474754907][/doublepost]what button?

I GET IT NOW!
the rod of discord is HOW you get there! it all makes sense! my life is complete!
[doublepost=1474754963,1474754907][/doublepost]what button?

Right underneath the sign there's a button you shoot that's blocked off by a 1-block thick wall. You need to flatten the wall down with the hammer and shoot through the gap it creates and open up a secret passage.

But that still dosn't answer the 2nd room next to the rainbow you win room.
[doublepost=1474755428,1474755306][/doublepost]Tell me I beg of you!
[doublepost=1474755563][/doublepost]I even found the duck ending!

But that still dosn't answer the 2nd room next to the rainbow you win room.
[doublepost=1474755428,1474755306][/doublepost]Tell me I beg of you!
[doublepost=1474755563][/doublepost]I even found the duck ending!

Okay, this is really meant to be figured out yourself, but I'll tell you anyways. There are actually EIGHT other rooms, one surrounding the original in each direction. Enoch is evil. He kills adventurers that visit him in his dungeon beneath his house, and sacrifices their bodies to the monster of flesh. Adventurers that actually survive are sent to the room you get at the end, and even though it looks like they win at first, they can't escape, and eventually starve to death. The other rooms are an Easter egg. These are the rooms of other adventurers that completed the dungeon way before you. Their rooms are broken and have deteriorated over the years. Some of their remains can still be found in these rooms.

The duck ending is the true ending. It will all make sense in due time. Praise duck.

It just about 20 times more confusing but now it makes sense. Thank you for making this map, I enjoyed it tremendously.
Maybe make a 2nd map where things are explained so people don't have to bother you but then again I didn't pay attention.
Nice map. :happy:

Just played it - awesome!! Got all three endings (True, TRUE ending), the normal ending, and the
Wall of Flesh thanks for playing ending

Great design, and I like how the music was accustomed to the environment. There were probably one or two puzzles that boggled your mind a bit, namely the ice-dart room. The rest of the gemstones were surrounded by platform-based challenges. My favorite was getting the blue one since it held some of the more puzzling challenges.

The red one was a little scavenger hunt.

I also liked the timed traps. They made the world feel living.

A little con though. As for the secret hallway chamber, perhaps you could teleport players directly to the left side or something. Having to run all the way there is a bit of a drag. The monster traps are pretty much nothing as your gear overwhelms them. The last chest in the lab was like "Here, I'll give the most OP gear in the game and you go get that ezpz boss!"

I mean, it was a secret ending so it doesn't really matter. If it was mandatory then the above suggestions would be almost necessary so players don't drag themselves to the end.

Oh yeah, the lights. Some places were a little dark, while some were flooded with torches. Not a bad thing, but something worth mentioning.

Score: 9.3/10 - absolutely amazing and would like to see another map of yours. Loved the design, the atmosphere, the background and block choice, music choice, story (even though a lot of it was given through exposition and in a secret room), gameplay, and concept. Strongly reminds me of Legend of Zelda, but rather than separate dungeons, Down The Well sort of welds all three "dungeons" into one super dungeon with three parts that are visited by the player.

Also, maybe you could add text to the sign next to the timer resetter. I hit the lever and left it like that - when I got to the green gemstone area nothing was working. After looking this page top to bottom on how to get the green gemstone I was like "OH!" and went back to turn the timer on. I didn't realize it was a timer resetter xD

Last edited:
Why do many people miss the real ending where you go down into the dungeon and find out a terrible secret about Enoch Hope and then you have to battle the Wall of Flesh

Why do many people miss the real ending where you go down into the dungeon and find out a terrible secret about Enoch Hope and then you have to battle the Wall of Flesh
I didn't miss the real ending. One of these days I will make my own adventure map. `:)

Back
Top Bottom